Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Pantheon is completely useless now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheImmortalVirus

Recruiter

07-13-2010

I started playing him AFTER the HSS bug patch..I just played him for my first and last time in the new patch..I can honestly say he is nerfed to absolute **** now. I feel like he'd be better off being completely removed from the game and heres why.

He had a strong early game, and his mid-late game depending on his early game, if you shut him down then, you'll effectively make it 4v5 late game.
Riot did nothing to address his late game being weak, hell they made it weaker because his average at best early game now.

He's always had mana problems and even more so now with the increased mana cost of his spear, which is only useful early game..late game it is still a joke.
A .5 increased stun is a joke...to bad its still bugged around corners.
HSS does absolutely no damage now.
50 health to a level 18 pantheon with the smallest buff ever to health is a complete joke.

Hes completely useless now and not fun to play, thanks Riot.
In b4 QQers not knowing how to counter pantheon.
yes it's a cool story
yesimad

Destabilizator

Recruiter

07-13-2010

Exactly my toughts, I just finished a game with him after patch.
1) Meki's can't fuel Spear Shot as it could, so no more effective harassing
2) At numbers the HS nerf didn't look that bad, but it's BAD as hell, I see their bars barely moving
3) lowered stun CD/increased duration at later lvls = screw up the early game, you have no mana to fuel it at such short CD and they won't stay in full duration of HS with just 1s stun on rank 1
4) "extra" HP/Armor is totally nothing (was it even worth to retype the numbers, when it's totally no increase?)
5) time to leave Mr. Sparta in the dust and move on for Xin Zhao.

Eppa

07-13-2010

Bingo!

Lasric

07-13-2010

God finally.

Skwid1g

07-13-2010

But it's so much fun to stand in the middle of HSS and take no damage!

StarcraftGhost

07-13-2010

yeah i had to spend my 3150 on panth last week. i suck at life LOL now to farm more with OP olaf for that new guy...

Lawful

07-13-2010

Oh so no more killing a squishie with just one skill? Good, now go learn to play you losers.

Icegoten

07-13-2010

They did it so people won't ban pantheon in ranked. Now no one has the incentive to pick him.

wildfire393

07-13-2010

Quote:
TheImmortalVirus:

A .5 increased stun is a joke...to bad its still bugged around corners.
HSS does absolutely no damage now.
50 health to a level 18 pantheon with the smallest buff ever to health is a complete joke.

.5 Seconds on a stun is fairly significant. It means that you get most of your HSS off against someone with Treads rather than half.

With all five hits of HSS against a Champion, it now does 60 less total base damage and 60% less of your attackdamage. That's only a third of the attackdamage, and only 15% of the scaling damage. With 300 attackdamage, it now does 1140 rather than 1380, a whopping 240 less (only about 17% of its damage).

At level 5, with one point in Aegis, one in Spear, 3 in HSS, and 80 Attackdamage, you now do:
Spear (110) + Aegis (50) + HSS (80+208) + Spear (110) = 558
Whereas prior you would do:
Spear (110) + Aegis (50) + HSS (120+240) + Spear (110) = 630
That's only a 72 damage decrease, which is only 11% of your burst combo.

And remember, in addition to the slight HP buff, you get a MAJOR buff to the cooldown of both Aegis and HSS.

Lawful

07-13-2010

Generally your heat seeker damage was reduced by 22%, its not that bad, could of been worse, so just cope with it and learn to play him when he is a bit weaker.