Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Can I play LoL in China?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePinkSummoner

01-27-2012

Quote:
AZRG:
Hong Kong is soooooooo much different from China.
Don't ever compare this two places.

Very very true!

HearshotKDS

01-27-2012

I live in China, specifically Nanjing. You probably won't be able to play NA server without terrible pings. If you just sign up for a QQ account (free and easy), you can play Chinese LoL. I can get 210-250 ping on NA server, or 15 ping on any of the Chinese servers (they have like 8). The names are in Chinese, and you'll have to adjust to the new character icons, but its easy. You don't have to communicate in Chinese because the Chinese dont really communicate during play. Just my opinion after getting an account to 30 and played 50 ranked games so far. Also, the typical Chinese team is super AD heavy, they have all have hardons for AD melee, not even ranged. Chinese LoL is a patch behind the US too, so you can see who is getting nerfed in the next patch and enjoy playing that char before they get toned down. Just my .02, but I've been playing LoL in China for 2 years now so thats got to be worth something.

Also, Hong Kong may be owned by China, but it's not a part of that country.

Jw0ng

01-30-2012

lol.qq.com is where you play LoL in china

NanomannaCrex280

09-15-2014

I'd not suggest to play NA server in China. From my experience i get 300-500 and sometimes there is this firewall problem and also a chat issue. But if you really want to play, a VPN would help a lot.