Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cleanner

12-24-2011

why is everybody blaming their teams for losing rating?

If you cant farm your rating, it means that you play as the same as your teammates.

EyesHeSeesAll

12-25-2011

elo hell inst real

Mehiran

12-25-2011

There are many reasons I can think of that it is entirely your teams fault. Whether it is some random newb getting caught and giving the enemy baron and your base as a result to some lane getting fed and just owning everyone.

If you think of solo queue as 1v5 there is something wrong with that thought imo. Yes it is about carrying but only a few characters can hyper carry out of there even if you are the most awesome player ever (which most of the time you are not anyways). The best way to avoid hell is to make sure you are never there in the first place and start the season out with another experienced player.

Cotilin

12-25-2011

Quote:
Mehiran:
There are many reasons I can think of that it is entirely your teams fault. Whether it is some random newb getting caught and giving the enemy baron and your base as a result to some lane getting fed and just owning everyone.

If you think of solo queue as 1v5 there is something wrong with that thought imo. Yes it is about carrying but only a few characters can hyper carry out of there even if you are the most awesome player ever (which most of the time you are not anyways). The best way to avoid hell is to make sure you are never there in the first place and start the season out with another experienced player.

I was definitely in elo hell (both seasons) and have basically carried myself out. I was a solid team player and my arranged 5's ranking showed that. I really struggled with solo que until recently. I would blame teammates (to myself...not in game) because I "knew" I was better than my elo. Then I took a critical look at my game and found some big areas I was lacking. Improvement of elo immediately followed.

There are always games that you literally cannot win (I even lost a game when I went 21-3), but on the whole, learning the details of the game will get you out. Learn the specifics of your champ (how do I harass? When do I harass? How do I match up with the champ I am facing?), learn when to drag/baron (hint: it's not only after aces), learn how to farm at a very high level, and ward.

I thought I knew/did those things. I was wrong. Changing them showed immediate results.

1313Jr1313

12-26-2011

entry level for new players into ranked is at 1200 or so (don't quote me). when you are at that level, all of the new people will either have experience at that level, be inexperienced but belong at a lower level, or be inexperienced but belong at a higher level. the fact that it's random chance at that level whether you end up with the people who belong at a higher or lower level is basically the essence of elo hell. in that level, you could have 4 people that belong at -4000 elo on your team and be against 3 people who belong at 1400, 1 that belongs at 1600, and one that belongs at 2k elo... of course, the odds of that are very low, eventually you SHOULD end up at your elo. that being said, it's possible to end up in such a large hole from your placement matches that even going 2 wins per loss will make it take a long time to dig your way out, but you will get out eventually if you're a good player. remember, a positive score doesn't necessarily mean you did well and a negative score doesn't necessarily mean you did bad.

xain89

12-29-2011

I cant say about each and everyone but season one I was at around 1000 elo(thats like the least u can get) and I decided to raise my elo by playing just one champ (it worked when my team was half decent and listened ), I knew I could carry the game and I should not be that elo (was excepting atleast around 1300 or more.)but the point is every second game u play after a win you either get a troll in champion selection or a person intentionally feeding or 2 junglers, I can go on and on that's when I decided to wait for season 2 and then play ranked. Trust me mates that when I exactly understood what is ELO HELL!!