Why doesn't anyone play Talon anymore?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Last Aura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

I don't see anyone playing talon anymore, people like Westrice and Chaox played him for few weeks after his release, and Talon was banned in a lot of ranked games, but now it seems like he rarely shows up anymore.

BrotherCaine

12-24-2011

Hard to put him in a lane. He's a bit like Renekton where he has to dominate his lane or be pushed out; hard to farm passively.

QuentinWarden

12-24-2011

I've had a very difficult time integrating him into a SR team comp

Typically, I'd want him to go bottom since he does not have the sustain needed for solo laning, but everyone's pretty fixated on the support and ranged ad meta so it gets a little difficult. If anyone grabs janna or sona over taric, though, and we don't have an assassin yet I gladly take him for a spin.

No problems what so ever using him in dom, though. Ult, run out of the woods, silence the target and all those pretty little blades come flying right out to do some pretty ugly damage. He's pretty fun there.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

Like everyone's said, he's hard to fit in the current meta.

He has no sustain for top lane, he can't jungle, he isn't a good support, people prefer a ranged AD carry bot lane and mid lane is usually AP.

He can be used as a counterpick to Morgana or Kassadin Mid, but other than that, he isn't very valuable in the laning phase.

He's much like Jarvan and Poppy. Good AD champs that are hard to place on a team. Jarvan can jungle, but he used to be the king of solo top before the meta shifted to a sustain top lane.

Gath Immortal

12-24-2011

people build so **** tanky nowadays, talon's damage just doesn't cut it anymore. I stopped playing him because I have trouble harassing people out of lanes ever since the new masteries.

Yippppeeekiyayy

12-24-2011

He was viable back when you could spam W all day to harass and farm. The nerfs to his mana costs and regen hits him too hard.

Larbobservatory

12-24-2011

Almost all of his damage can be countered with armor. He's still great at taking out the trash, but as people have alluded to already, he's a one trick pony and that aint enough to cut it in meta.

Dsblink

12-24-2011

Because his design is horrible. ( Well, thats the reason for me )

l Artemis l

12-24-2011

Idk i still do fine with him in rank games, i usually go solo top or mid depending on the other team and hes a champ tht can take out the squishies really fast and can jump in q,r,w, flash out if needed

Maximum Spooky

12-24-2011

maokai and blitzcrank are the perfect 'support' champions to accompany talon bottom

everyone who plays talon on my list claims that they've never, ever had easier or more effortless (almost boring?) kills than the ones that they receive from that combination.

maokai's combo alone can bring most carries and supports below half health at level 4, if you throw a talon and possibly an ignite into the mix then it's basically a free kill even under a turret every twenty seconds.