Draft Dominion guides from an experienced player.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Little Boy Nate

01-14-2012

Im sorry but your Akali guide is all wrong, did you even read "Akali by the numbers," one of the best guides out there? She scales almost nothing with AD and all her skills are to boost her burst damage. Why would you try and help her at Auto attacking when your rotation only has two? I play Akali on Dominion almost exclusively and I build:

Sorc Boots>Rylais(belt for survivability first or wand for burst)>Lichbane(sheen first)and yes it is more effective to buy Lichbane first for bursting over Rabadons>Rabadons

Only after those items would i maybe buy a gunblade for the extra heals. before those AP items the heals are next to useless when it comes to fighting. Games almost never go this long though.

This capitalizes on her burst to be able to take down even the sturdiest champions with survival to be able to kill more, boosting her gold income. All this is granted that my masteries and runes activate both passives without items. Seriously, check out the Akali by the Numbers guide.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2676
This is the guide. Read it and you will see my point of view and win more games with her.

References: Personal experience and the guide. I win about 75% of all my games on dominion when playing Akali with people with a brain (yes, even the opponents)

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2012

wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

"Draft Dominion guides from an experienced player"

Experienced at what, losing? Playing with bads? You have less than a 50% win/loss ratio, that means you will be being queued with people playing their first dominoin game ever

GrignardTS

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

"Draft Dominion guides from an experienced player"

Experienced at what, losing? Playing with bads? You have less than a 50% win/loss ratio, that means you will be being queued with people playing their first dominoin game ever
Ok.

I really, really hate when people involve normal elo credibility into the equation.

Seriously. Its normal.

Everyone, even the +40 win people, gets paired with bads on both sides.

And am I supposed to have my game face on 24/7? And worry about my normal elo win ratio?

Sorry, normal draft is for fun time. Its for intoxicated time. Its for teaching new players.

Ranked is for serious time. Wait until that to judge.

When I say "experienced' I mean just that. I am closing in on 900 played games soon. I experiment. I am an intelligent person. I see what works and what doesn't. I notice differences in scaling times, what I can accomplish in a 1v1, 2v1, and 3v1 situations. I make mental notes.

This is all speculation at this point. So if you want to bring opposition to this post, bring it with your own opinions.

TL;DR

Stop trolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxijazz View Post
Sorc Boots>Rylais(belt for survivability first or wand for burst)>Lichbane(sheen first)and yes it is more effective to buy Lichbane first for bursting over Rabadons>Rabadons

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/2676
This is the guide. Read it and you will see my point of view and win more games with her.
I tried that build. I only tried one variation, but I didn't like the one I tried.

I'm not sure I get what you are saying, I browsed the guide and the recommented items are all listed in that guide, with gunblade first.

It gives so much survivability early game with early level armors being low on champions and you starting with armor pen.

So much extra damage with sheen, making building lichbane late game much easier.

I think she is viable AP, but hybrid is the way I play her.

You only build 2 core items a match usually. The first item truely defines your champion. I build gunblade, so I use a rune set up around it.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

The reason I bring it up, is quite simple.

If you are facing bad players, things which would not work verse a skilled player will be successful.

Going for a gunblade first on katarina for example. Against the top ELO that will NEVER work.

Thus you should say your guide is "A noobs guide to champions" or "Guide to playing champions at low ELO".

Don't set peoples hopes up with your guides which just don't work, simply because you play against people who let you do what you want.

To put it simply, I can win a game playing as mundo, but if the other team is zab+nek+fdru+sauron+mmkh I don't think I will win because they don't play stupidly like the people I was playing. And an "Experienced" guide should be telling me what to do against the highest level of skill available.

Your guide tells people what to do if the other team is full of bad players

GrignardTS

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
The reason I bring it up, is quite simple.

If you are facing bad players, things which would not work verse a skilled player will be successful.

Going for a gunblade first on katarina for example. Against the top ELO that will NEVER work.

Thus you should say your guide is "A noobs guide to champions" or "Guide to playing champions at low ELO".

Don't set peoples hopes up with your guides which just don't work, simply because you play against people who let you do what you want.
Kinda figured you would say that.

It really depends on a match to match. You're describing that this strategy won't work. Well, that's not true.

It works when I solo que. When I pick it in the right team comp and facing the right opponents.

Do other builds work? Yes.

Why are you saying mine doesn't work? Have you watched my videos?

You still haven't played with me. If you ridicule my methods so much, why not back up your words?

Quote:
To put it simply, I can win a game playing as mundo, but if the other team is zab+nek+fdru+sauron+mmkh I don't think I will win because they don't play stupidly like the people I was playing. And an "Experienced" guide should be telling me what to do against the highest level of skill available.

Your guide tells people what to do if the other team is full of bad players
No.

My guide tells you what to build and why you build it.

My videos show the build in action.

It is up to you to learn how to play at a high level. I am merely discussing the build, rune, and mastery choices and why there are so.