Questions frequently asked by DotA players!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sazabi02

10-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHoohah View Post
I agree with NeoIllusions, the elevation-vision effect in the Warcraft III engine added a bit of good ol'-fashioned paranoia. Also, the small miss chance that blighted the lower elevation dwellers was neat, although not entirely necessary in League of Legends.
40% ain't small for a miss chance. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrous View Post
I just love david banks's passive,he's so smoart
I would love to have "just get it" too. hahaha...

Daikaze

10-08-2009

The FAQ there should include the fact that recipes will make the item, and that you don't have to purchase each item individually.

AnotherFallenEve

10-08-2009

i just think the elevation should let the ppl at the highground have an advantage.(vision dont really care about miss %) it was good cuz you could move up on some one at the bottom of the ramp and they wouldnt notice. I've used the grass but its just not as easy to juke people.

whitingnick

10-08-2009

I read this article yesterday, and I like how Riot has related to the DOTA players out there. I agree, LoL is an improvement over DOTA. They took the best of DOTA, and made it better. Only negative I see with LoL is some may feel the graphics are too 'childish'. And I can see there point. I kinda wish the graphics had a more mature look to them, somewhat like HoN. I'm not saying the graphics are bad, they have their own style, it's just not my favorite. None-the-less, they are good, and the gameplay mechanics are amazing.

I also like how LoL isn't a 'copy and paste' job of DOTA, like Heroes of Newerth. I'm glad they put more thought and invention into the game. HoN has no originality about it. They simply took DOTA and basically made the EXACT same game, with updated graphics, and added player stats, etc. To me, this is where LoL excels. They took DOTA, and invented a totally original game, putting more thought into it, and adding so much more. Bravo Riot..... now if you could make the graphics more mature...... haha

MrHoohah

10-08-2009

lol, yeah sorry, a 40% miss chance isn't exactly small. Didn't know how much it was but it definitely makes sense after remembering all the red "miss" texts floating above a horde of creeps...

BonE

10-08-2009

It is 25% for "1 tier" difference between the heros (like it happens on middle lane all time), it goes up to 75% (when countering wards on the highest spot in the game for example)

tehmonk

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitingnick View Post
I read this article yesterday, and I like how Riot has related to the DOTA players out there. I agree, LoL is an improvement over DOTA. They took the best of DOTA, and made it better. Only negative I see with LoL is some may feel the graphics are too 'childish'. And I can see there point. I kinda wish the graphics had a more mature look to them, somewhat like HoN. I'm not saying the graphics are bad, they have their own style, it's just not my favorite. None-the-less, they are good, and the gameplay mechanics are amazing.

I also like how LoL isn't a 'copy and paste' job of DOTA, like Heroes of Newerth. I'm glad they put more thought and invention into the game. HoN has no originality about it. They simply took DOTA and basically made the EXACT same game, with updated graphics, and added player stats, etc. To me, this is where LoL excels. They took DOTA, and invented a totally original game, putting more thought into it, and adding so much more. Bravo Riot..... now if you could make the graphics more mature...... haha
disagree. somehow newerth is worse than dota. i don't know how you could mess up a clone.. but it's not as good as dota in any sense except MAYBE the graphics. personally, i'm not even a fan of the updated graphics.

anyways, does anyone know if LoL is actually going to be free? i remember it being on one of the faqs before but it seems that fact has been removed. i know the collector's edition is going to have bonus content, but is the actual game itself going to be on sale or for free download?

BonE

10-09-2009

Free Download.

Aknar

10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehmonk View Post
disagree. somehow newerth is worse than dota. i don't know how you could mess up a clone.. but it's not as good as dota in any sense except MAYBE the graphics. personally, i'm not even a fan of the updated graphics.

anyways, does anyone know if LoL is actually going to be free? i remember it being on one of the faqs before but it seems that fact has been removed. i know the collector's edition is going to have bonus content, but is the actual game itself going to be on sale or for free download?
riot guyz said that the game will be free for download on the LoL homepage after it's release

P.S:can't wait for the first season

Infinity03

10-10-2009

Mark Franz' special ability is bugged.