Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

always last pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

th3r3isnosp00n

12-23-2011

Just wondering, is there a system in place that determines what pick you get in normal draft 5's? because i have played probably 50-75 games and i have been the banner once, and i have been in the bottom 3 picks probably 90% of the time. I'm not exaggerating. just wondering if there is a reason behind it. also, why are people so ******-y and refusing to listen to other people. if i say that i want to play a character, or take a certain lane, at least have the decency to ask me to change or say that you want it. don't just lock in because you have a higher pick than me. I've been forced into support so many times (i don't mind support but when you play it 5 times in a row it gets old). its really starting to piss me off.

Avalancen

Recruiter

12-23-2011

Yeah I know what you mean im currently climbing the ladders (around 1600) now that I finally have time to play and I'm always last pick... It is so freaking annoying I DONT ENJOY PLAYING SUPPORT EVERY GAME

Yippppeeekiyayy

12-23-2011

Are you solo q'ing or duo?

If duo q'ing with someone with an higher elo you will often be last pick.

th3r3isnosp00n

12-23-2011

its not ranked, its in normal i get regular picks in ranked

Doflamingo51

12-25-2011

Quote:
th3r3isnosp00n:
its not ranked, its in normal i get regular picks in ranked

It's because it gives preference to duo. If you are solo q without a duo partner you are almost always last pick, if you are lucky you may be 4th.

MattSlick

01-05-2012

if everyone wasn't so freakin greedy and locking in or calling mid first you my friend would be in a prime position. I personally think last pick should be mid to determine ap or ad as well as a good counter.

Death8630

01-06-2012

I've noticed the same thing and it's getting old. Made it into the 1600 elo and now I'm last pick or second to last every game. I've been third once and never first or second. I always queue solo too fyi, but I check post game and I almost always have the highest elo. I'm also losing now 75% of the time... Anyone know what's up with the effin' matchmaking?

Rutank

01-06-2012

Quote:
th3r3isnosp00n:
Just wondering, is there a system in place that determines what pick you get in normal draft 5's? because i have played probably 50-75 games and i have been the banner once, and i have been in the bottom 3 picks probably 90% of the time. I'm not exaggerating. just wondering if there is a reason behind it. also, why are people so ******-y and refusing to listen to other people. if i say that i want to play a character, or take a certain lane, at least have the decency to ask me to change or say that you want it. don't just lock in because you have a higher pick than me. I've been forced into support so many times (i don't mind support but when you play it 5 times in a row it gets old). its really starting to piss me off.

IT has to do with your ELo compared to the players you're playing with. If you duo que, then it gets the average of both your scores and places whomever of the two systolic/diastolic (hehe top/bot). So if your 1600 and your buddy is 1450ish. he'll be dead last, you'll prob be FP. and everyone else will be mid.

Xquirtle

01-14-2012

I have the same problem, recently I have been getting last or second to last pick literally EVERY single normal draft pick game. It seems like I just moved up a tier in the matchmaking system or something like that.

SavageWolves

01-15-2012

As far as I am aware the game has a soft "normal elo" based on your win-loss differential that is intended to match you with similarly skilled players and determine picking orders. That said, it may also give captaincy based on time in que (ie, banner goes to the player that was waiting the longest)

And if you have one of the last picks (for those who are complaining) and there is one person on your team who actually likes support (happens sometimes), ask them to pick you someone. Also, if the support is picked up prior to the last picks, then the final players have a better opportunity to make a good counter pick that the enemy cannot reply to.