Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Presenting the Summoner Safety Initiative!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HypnoBubbles

12-23-2011

I'm looking at this Initiative and wondering. The first response I ever received from a member of RIOT staff, when I had a problem with running the game after a patch, was that I'd have to disable my anti-virus. Or my firewall.

(I never had to do either, I just redid the start-up)

Ext3rmin8or

12-23-2011

Quote:
MutaRuShGG:
riot, i want 600 rp =(

I got 600 RP for being a victim of an error that would cause the game to crash whenever the map was Summoner's Rift Autumn.

HowOdd

12-23-2011

"Somebodah STOP ME"
riot uses awareness it is super effective

Cottoneyes

12-23-2011

Stranger danger

Fennec

Recruiter

12-23-2011

Quote:
Tamat:
Summoners!

League of Legends keeps getting bigger and bigger, and, regrettably, we’ve begun to attract the attention of a few unsavory types...

I know the answer to this but i feel it must be asked as many other Games put out these same messages after they have been attacked and have lost players info.(while not admitting this has happened..)

So, has Riot lost any player information from online attacks?

Quote:

What, are people having their accounts stolen and... *gasp*... their IP spent or something?

You try to log into your account and can't no more league for you for the next 5 days while Riot PS gets to your ticket. Sure its not dire like losing all your stuff as Riot is very good about keeping accounts closed but still not being able to play and using up Riots PS team would be nice to avoid.

Get Merkle

12-23-2011

1. The fact that your login and summoner names are different should be good enough.

2. Hackers can't do anything to your account to harm it... besides spend your IP/RP, but in that case you just unlocked something that you would have eventually (most likely) unlocked anyway.

3. Who gives a flying ****? If you're dumb enough to get hacked, that's your problem.

Stiletto

12-23-2011

As a summoner who is also extremely concerned about your personal security, I implore you to provide me with your phone number, social security number, and credit card number.

SighlentJay

12-23-2011

You could just fix 1000-1200 elo.

Fennec

Recruiter

12-23-2011

Quote:
Bossob:
I think most hackers would be after emails, not ip/rp (unless they have a personal grudge).

Sell off your account to the less knowledgeable. People forget it takes a while to get all that IP

Undercover Urf

Recruiter

12-23-2011

Are there plans for authentication keys, like phone apps and such?