Lux vs Anivia

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LegitLegos

12-23-2011

I was wondering with is better for ap. I was also going to include brand, kassadin, and swain. But i narrowed down to these 2.

levelonemage

12-23-2011

Anivia for a full blown mage, but she is hard to play (at least, I'm god awful with her and always feed).

Lux is cool and a lot of fun, I mained her for quite awhile. She's great, but Anivia just has way more potential (and a much higher skill threshold)

Hollywood NA

12-23-2011

Agreed with person above me. I also mained lux for quite some time. She is really fun to play, especially that lazor. But if youre lookin for a champ that can turn the tides of battle. Its anivia

Wub

12-23-2011

Lux has a range advantage, and is really bursty. Articuno is more of a sustained damage caster.

A lot of people don't get why I play lux mid, but It really is amazing because of her poke and buff control. I plan on playing her as my main ap mid for a while. I could never do that well as anivia, because despite being farmed and fed early game the enemy team would just dodge my ult and proceed to destroy me between like tryndamere and wukong >.<

Also, right now neither of them are really seeing competitive play. Idk why not, both seem perfectly viable to me.

Slotted Pig

12-23-2011

Anivia easily, but she is difficult to play.

Shine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

lux was the first non 450 champion i bought and i really liked her. I only bought her because of her lazers. Anivias is great but i would go with lux

Wub

12-23-2011

For some reason, I've been godlike in almost all my mid lux games too... lol. Maybe she just fits me really well?

LegitLegos

12-23-2011

thanks guys ill probably buy anivia now ;D

Zer0Hammer

12-23-2011

I've played a fair amount of both, and I can say this:

Lux is a champ that can pull off some neat things but usually is focused on assisting your team. She has a fairly low/moderate skill requirement and a high skill ceiling.

Anivia is a really fun champ that can pull of some of the most amazing feats in the game. You single-handedly control team fights. When played correctly, she is god mode (or Jesus mode, forgive the pun). She is 100% my ap mid of choice. She has a high skill requirement and an extremely high skill ceiling.

If you're really dedicated to the game and to improving at it, play Anivia. Otherwise go with Lux, you'll enjoy her more.

M0MENTUM

12-23-2011

Honestly, I've always thought Lux was a really weak pick, she has good early game damage and if she gets fed hard early she can do decent, if she just does okay she doesn't do anything. Anivia on the other hand is really underestimated, but to play her right takes a lot of practice.

The main things to know, her Q, it can hit the opponent twice, let the spell go through them, then set off the detonation immediately behind them, this will hit them twice and stun them, W just takes practicing, there are some good youtube guides to show you good spots to wall up and show how to pin someone, E should only be used while they are chilled, Q and R both chill, pro tip to using R, use it on thr ground then set a wall behind them so they have to choose left or right instead of straight back, then throw your Q at the direction they go, they pretty much have to walk into the Q because if they try to turn back they will be spending ages in your ultimate, and always make sure to hit them with E after they are chilled from the ulti. I'd say Anivia's biggest problem is mana, so you want to overcome that with blue buff and catalyst.

edit: also on the wall, it gives vision, so use it to check bushes from a really far range