Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Name me some good bots to try

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scrubsicle

12-23-2011

Quote:
Vangarde23:
He's a boss and my favorite bottom of all time. And yes, I love swapping top later in game and straight up tanking and holding WM during those clutch last stands. ^^ Now to decide if I should get the Festive skin or not.

Dooooo eeeeeet.

I did, and it payed off. Got a triple kill that ended up acing their entire team in Summoners Rift once. My entire team died as well. So I was a single tree, marching down the lane, and the first thing that was said afterwards:

Scrubsicle (Maokai): Happy Holidays

Vangarde

12-23-2011

Hmm...Nekro mentioned Skarner. I usually take him top but I know his hextech sustain builds would work quite well bottom. interested to try since I didn't get much mileage out of him yet since I bought him.

Vangarde

12-23-2011

Quote:
Scrubsicle:
Dooooo eeeeeet.

I did, and it payed off. Got a triple kill that ended up acing their entire team in Summoners Rift once. My entire team died as well. So I was a single tree, marching down the lane, and the first thing that was said afterwards:

Scrubsicle (Maokai): Happy Holidays
Haha I normally don't talk to the other team but I do like to do funny trolling, like typing the lyrics to Mulan songs when I play Xin Zhao. It's settled, buying the skin so I can spread holiday cheer.

Scrubsicle

12-23-2011

Beside Maokai, I also enjoy playing Morgana bot. Her AoE is effective at pushing minions, and she is very gank resistant with both her shield and her bind. Her Ult/Bind/AoE is also incredibly powerful, and the spell vamp passive can keep you in lane forever.

Nekrogen

12-23-2011

Quote:
Vangarde23:
Hmm...Nekro mentioned Skarner. I usually take him top but I know his hextech sustain builds would work quite well bottom. interested to try since I didn't get much mileage out of him yet since I bought him.

Skarner has the potential to wreck bottom lane, but it depends on these factors:
1) The matchup. You're going to have a HELL of a time against say caitlyn or ezreal, but decimate melee and short range champs like Gragas, Jarvan, Maokai, etc.
2) You'll need to be aggressive and ready for an early 1v1. Show your lane opponent that you mean business and force him out of lane or kill them. This shouldn't be hard considering with runes, masteries and initial build he can out DPS almost any champion and they can't do anything about it because of your infinite slow. A passive Skarner is a Skarner that will be easily bullied and zoned, so try not to make this mistake.
3) Skarner is VERY build dependent and becomes relatively unstoppable late game if built correctly. Rageblade and Gunblade are 2 very advantageous choices for Skarner, but build them when appropriate (make sure to throw counterbuilding items in!).

Mollica, an avid Skarner player, has pretty much forced a Skarner ban in every single one of my games as of recently, and I strongly believe others are catching on as well. I play a decent Skarner, but I'm still weak on factor 3).

KimKelley

12-23-2011

Sivir does pretty good even with the changes.

Of the champions not previously mentioned I've seen the following champions perform well on bottom:

Kayle, Kathus, Nasus, Riven.

Riven has a range problem. Nasus takes a little bit to get going but has decent sustain until then and it's pretty hard to take a tower from a nasus. Karthus has health and sustain issues and the zombie nerf hurts a bit, that said he clears minions well and he provides global assistance. Additionally, he can continue to defend a point even after he's killed. Kayle, I don't really know what her downsides are. She seems pretty darn powerful. Lack of nukeage maybe.

edit: Festive Maokai. Get it.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-23-2011

Talon.
he owns most top bot laners (Cassio, Yorick, Heimer) and do well overall against most AP.

KimKelley

12-23-2011

Oh and an interesting one to try is Fizz. He has terrible pushing power early on, though, so you pretty much have to kill the other person. Garrison or promote can help you with his early pushing deficiencies.

It's a gamble. I just got stuck doing it a couple times because no one else wanted to go bot (blind pick) and was surprised at how effective it could be.

spreadfred

12-23-2011

nasus makes a pretty good bot champ. i usually build him ap, but i'd guess ad works well too.
pro- spirit fire clears creep waves pretty quickly, going bot allows him to farm up his q, his passive allows for decent sustain, and his w helps control the health pack
con- melee, so he can have some trouble dealing with strong harassers