Name me some good bots to try

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangarde

12-22-2011

So I actually enjoy playing bot in Dominion. There's something very fun in doing the 1v2 fights on their bottom tower, being a thorn u can't ignore. But I'm starting to want more variety in my roster selection.

I own the majority of the common "power bots" (Yorick, Maokai, Singed, Ryze, Heimer, etc.) but I'm looking to experiment. I'm open to anything really, been trying Volibear and Ahri bottom for funsies. Throw out your ideas, pros and cons and matchups. I have IP to burn.

Nekrogen

12-22-2011

Cassiopeia - Wrecks most of the common bottom laners just due to her insane DPS but typically loses to champions with hard CC (silence included).
Gragas - Clears waves really well and does a LOT of damage against almost every bottom laner.. if you can land his barrels. He's hardcountered by Skarner and anyone else who has heavy DPS and can soak your damage.
Soraka - Press Q. Derp hard.
AP Yi - Actually a pretty legitimate choice against a lot of bottom lane champions like Urgot, Ryze, Grag, sivir, etc. but kinda(!) falls off lategame if he gets shutdown.
Malzahar (AP or AD) - Should speak for itself. AD is a lot of fun but isn't advisable against some matchups.
Jarvan4 - Wrecks every single champion without a gap closer, and even some with them. He does tremendous damage at lvl 4 and zones hard for a vast majority of the game. Can't scale as well as, say, Ryze, but still a very strong pick and becomes a monster if built correctly.
Urgot - Banned for a reason. Forces many champions out of lane just from 1 landed E. Quite squishy and can be ganked fairly easily.
These are who I've been playing (Soraka aside), so I hope this helps.

Asmonok

12-22-2011

Casseopia is nice. I picked her up last week and have had good experiences with her in bot lane(when I rarely do bot). Im sure there are more pros and cons but this is just what Ive experienced over the past week with her.

Pros: Strong ass poke, ability to push fast, great defender, and her ult can nab a kill or save her rear in a pinch.

Cons: Easily wrecked by gap closers when they come to gank, assuming they wait until your ult/flash is on cd.

I also enjoy taking Caitlyn bot.

Pros: Strong poke, fairly decent ability to push, can control middle health with traps, strong ultimate. She has an extremely easy time vs heimer and ap malz.

Cons: Has a hard time keeping there bottom solo when you take it. Ryze will laugh as his Frozen Heart makes your damage pitiful.

Vangarde

12-22-2011

Thanks for the help. Malz is actually going to be my next IP buy, waiting for after Victor release date though. Ever since his overlord skin came out, I am willing to add him to my roster. Can't stomach his default though. (same reason why I never picked up Talon even though I need an AD assassin type for top)

Something to note, my AP roster is very solid with Mao, Ahri, Xerath, and (ugh) Ryze and Heimer. (I hate playing characters that don't visually appeal to me. Even though their good....)

AD additions is really what I am fishing for, though I will probably pick up Cass as well (with Siren skin). My limited AD lineup of Yorick (getting boring) and Graves (fun but situational) is holding me back. Urgot and J4 is probably what I need.

Scrubsicle

12-22-2011

Maokai.

Pros: High early to mid game damage, high range on sapling, 2 forms of CC, passive allows for high sustain, clears minions very quickly, can defend points very well with Ult, incredibly beefy, does equally well on top if a switch is needed.

Cons: Damage tapers off late game, after sapling spells are close range, Ult is best utilized in a team fight (works 1v1, but better with more people)

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Cait's good bot, but as mentioned you will have a harder time when Ryze gets the Frozen heart so you gotta push the creep line hard so you can get the health pack everytime to keep up with it. Just remember to ult Ryze every so often so you can win fights. 200 health is usually the difference between winning or losing a fight. Ult whoever your laning against before engaging for the kill or zoning him out for taking the point.

Also akali is pretty good bot, but probably a little worse against Heim and maybe yorick I think? Haven't gone against yorick but your cloak is very good at zoning out people so you can push and get the health pack. Just make sure once whoever gets lightbringer or hextech sweeper don't bother using cloak anymore b/c its eats up way to much energy and you won't be able to get enough sustain damage.

Vangarde

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubsicle View Post
Maokai.

Pros: High early to mid game damage, high range on sapling, 2 forms of CC, passive allows for high sustain, clears minions very quickly, can defend points very well with Ult, incredibly beefy, does equally well on top if a switch is needed.

Cons: Damage tapers off late game, after sapling spells are close range, Ult is best utilized in a team fight (works 1v1, but better with more people)
He's a boss and my favorite bottom of all time. And yes, I love swapping top later in game and straight up tanking and holding WM during those clutch last stands. ^^ Now to decide if I should get the Festive skin or not.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Graves:

Pros: Strong pushing power, ridiculous burst with farm, can out burst and out sustain damage most enemy bots. Is naturally more beefy than expected thanks to passive, and making good use of a close range Q+R with W for invaluable CC if used right, makes him far better than you think.

Cons: Most people use his dodge wrong, dont' use it offensively, ever. Unless its for a long range R and you are safe. If you don't have dodge up you can't play offensively, if you engage in a straight on fight and don't make good use of kiting, Q and the blind (yes its not a "blind", it makes them literally blind) and the slow from W, you won't do well.

Make sure to always focus on pushing the lane over harrass. Harrass is important. Getting that farm is MORE important

Diagas

12-22-2011

Tanky Spell Vamp Soraka
Yorick
Cassi
Urgot
Tanky Spell Vamp Nunu (needs help often though)
Jax
Janna

Vangarde

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Graves:

Pros: Strong pushing power, ridiculous burst with farm, can out burst and out sustain damage most enemy bots. Is naturally more beefy than expected thanks to passive, and making good use of a close range Q+R with W for invaluable CC if used right, makes him far better than you think.

Cons: Most people use his dodge wrong, dont' use it offensively, ever. Unless its for a long range R and you are safe. If you don't have dodge up you can't play offensively, if you engage in a straight on fight and don't make good use of kiting, Q and the blind (yes its not a "blind", it makes them literally blind) and the slow from W, you won't do well.

Make sure to always focus on pushing the lane over harrass. Harrass is important. Getting that farm is MORE important
Also one of my favorite bots. I just don't like choosing him if we already have another AD range going top or if my team is already fairly squishy. He's great. Counters Singed for me and I generally can beat other range dps in lanefights if I play smart. Though I got my butt handed to me by a Malz recently. grr.