what are some runes worth getting for strictly dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frychikn

12-22-2011

unfortunately i have 20000 ip sitting HOPING i'd spend it on new runes, but unfortunately the new runes seem like pure garbage. so now i just have 20000 ip sitting around. i have played ranked alot lately and honestly it gets frustrating at times, so i have decided to play dominion to "cool down".

so what are some good runes that are used in dominion that are never used in SR that i should buy if i want to be competitive?

FDru

12-22-2011

Scaling runes are more useful here since leveling is quick and champs start off at level 3. Scaling armor, MR and AP are really good.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

MS quints.

Seriosuly

MS quints

Frychikn

12-22-2011

hmm is scaling stuff in general what i should be looking for? or are some things still better just flat?

and because of the pen aura in dominion is it possibly better to have scaling dps red? or do you still stay with arm or mag pen?

Frychikn

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
MS quints.

Seriosuly

MS quints
hmm really? good thing i already have those lol but those seem odd even if its a game based on arathi basin

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Ms quints on everyone, everything, everywhere.

Best quints you can get, I'd take em ove rdamage, AP, even over Mana on ryze, over penetration, over spellvamp

Stun Bot

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
hmm really? good thing i already have those lol but those seem odd even if its a game based on arathi basin
In Dominion time is everything, you are constantly running somewhere that you need to be. You don't sit in front of a turret for 30 mins farming so trust us when we say..

MS QUINTS..

KimKelley

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frychikn View Post
In arathi basin, if you were standing at the farm and someone was capping the blacksmith, would you have liked to have had something that would allow you to arrive and stop the cap in time? This is one of the benefits of movespeed Quints. That said I usually just get movespeed boots and use my quints for extra damage.

Scaling stuff is, in general, better in Dom. I will qualify that with the idea that it depends on what you're trying to do. There are early dominance teams and there are late dominance teams. If your team is like my team and what you really really want to do is capture the top windmill early so your beast of a Maokai can hold it all game, then you might err more on the side of early game dominance. However, by and large you're going to reach level 6 extremely fast in DOM so I can't say I've ever elected to not use the runes that even out by 6. The runes that even out at level 10 are where you might want to make some command decisions.

The reds are kind of a constant conundrum for Dom. I tend to stick with either the pens or the AS ones. There is a percentage armor/MR penetration aura in Dom but, due to the mechanics of how % penetration, penetration, and reductions are calculated, you're still probably okay to use the pen runes. That said, I've honestly never read up on the cost-benefit analysis. It's possible damage/level would be good and the occasional crit rune build certainly has it's benefits.

Ardailec

12-22-2011

Whenever I'm holding Windmill as Alistar or Malphite I use the following.

MS Quints, Flat armor/Magic Pen reds. Flat armor and Scaling MR.

Flat armor for Malph and Mpen for Alistar. I chose this set up since I feel that MR becomes far more important endgame than in the opening.

When I'm Wu or an offensive carry I prefer using Armor Pen Quints and Marks instead, sometimes swapping CDR Blues. It depends on the champ.

I feel that because of the Speed boosters it's not *quite* as important to have MS Quints than on my tower holders since most of the time I'm lurking in the jungle looking for someone alone in the open. It's nice, but than again so is being able to completely negate a squishy like Vayne's armor almost completely and just obliterate them in a combo.