League of legends not starting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Póntos

12-22-2011

Ok this is what happens... My league of legends was working fine the day before when i last played. I turn on my computer today to play. I click on league of legends but it just does not open it just comes up with league of legends in the middle of the screen and goes away thats it doesnt even come up with the patcher. I have reset my computer and tried running it as admin but still not working. If you have a solution please tell me.

Baluranha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

EDIT: See next post by Thaiya

Thaiya

12-22-2011

I've been having the same problem today. The launcher doesn't show up in Processes in my task manager either.

Edit: As it turns out, there's a Riot post in response to another thread about this issue. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1565800

I'm about to give this solution a try.

Update: That solution didn't change anything for me. I'm now trying what someone suggested in another thread:

Quote:
JUST doing this part worked for me. its redownloading stuff now. I had the couple second splash screen then it would go away.

8) Delete the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
Re-open LoL. During this time the badge will show as it redownloads the files. Please do not click the badge until it either disappears of LoL opens
I'm currently downloading, and I'll see what happens this time. At least I'm in the launcher now, so surely that's an improvement.

omgApoptosis

12-22-2011

Same problem.

Baluranha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

@Thaiya

i'am doing it right now, finally, patch screen =3, now i just have to wait for 1 hour xD

well...let's skyrim =D

Thaiya

12-22-2011

Update 2: I've tried the second solution I mentioned in the previous post, and I'm able to log in now.

However, while I'm in the game now and everything's functioning properly, it's worth mentioning that one of the two solutions I used (I suspect the first one) reset my mastery pages, key bindings and other custom settings to the defaults.

Regardless, I can confirm that deleting the folder C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher solved the problem for me.

Baluranha

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaiya View Post
Update 2: I've tried the second solution I mentioned in the previous post, and I'm able to log in now.

However, while I'm in the game now and everything's functioning properly, it's worth mentioning that one of the two solutions I used (I suspect the first one) reset my mastery pages, key bindings and other custom settings to the defaults.

Regardless, I can confirm that deleting the folder C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher solved the problem for me.
thank you dude, i'am able to log in again, my masteries and options were reseted but everything is good now.

archboii

08-08-2012

having the same problem, not launching, I re-installed, still not working, i deleted lol_launcher... still not working.

Minzii

08-15-2012

yea Thaiya's solution did not work at all.

NnStpKllng

08-15-2012

Same problem.