Skarner's Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McDracos

12-22-2011

Because it only lasts one and a half seconds... wait, wat?

St4ticFir3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

A plat gets rolled by Skarner then cries about how it can't be stopped? (It can btw) this community.......

Grind The Ocean

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

It also doesnt stop spinning opponents, like garen and wukong. Its really inconsistent.

Misfitmonkey

12-22-2011

Skarner is strong but not because of his ult. That Q man.

TopherB

12-22-2011

When did I get rolled? I'm merely asking a question. People on this forums jump to such large conclusions! I'm merely wondering, because sometimes it seems as if every game I've seen Skarner banned, and, you're right, I do not enjoy playing against him.

Mojay

12-22-2011

Yeah I mean I was always curious as to why if Malz gets moved one pixel out of place while using his ult it cancels. It's just cause he channels and Skar doesn't. It's the tradeoff for having a ton of range on Malz and WW and very little range on Skar.

ladieslover

12-22-2011

In my opinion, it breaks the unwritten "rules" of suppression. Before Skarner, the three suppression heroes were Warwick, Malzahar, Urgot. In all three cases there are the following properties of suppression:

- Opponent is stuck in place and unable to use any ability or summoner spell (exceptions: Quicksilver Sash, oranges, Olaf, Alistar)
- Caster is stuck in place and unable to move or use any ability or summoner spell without interrupting the ultimate (exceptions: Ignite, possibly Exhaust?)
- Channeled, can be interrupted by any form of hard CC
- In the case of Malzahar's ult, breaking the tether range causes the ult to end.

Now in Skarner's case:
- Opponent stuck in place relative to Skarner, still cannot use anything but QSS and oranges and whatever
- Skarner can move anywhere he wants, use any ability he wants
- Not channeled, hard CC has no effect
- There is no tether range; if you somehow end up far away from Skarner while ulted, you're immediately pulled back to him

The only way this is "justified" is by making the suppression duration lower than the other three suppression ults.

The fact of the matter is that at level 6 a Skarner with the flash + ult combo has literally no counter unless you hard CC him before he gets his ult off (which is generally unfeasible because his ult has zero cast time and with smartcasting + flash you're not going to be able to silence him or whatever before he gets his ult off). Once he gets his ult off you're 100% dead unless you happen to have a lane partner with a stun or something to prevent Skarner from taking you to his team. Even if you flash as soon as Skarner flashes on you, he'll usually get the ult off fast enough to pull you back to him through the flash.

The only way to counter him at champion select is to ensure you have a Soraka or Taric or something laning with your AD, and pick solo lanes with some kind of ranged hard CC.

In my opinion, Riot needs to do something about how difficult it is to counter the flash+ult combo at level 6. The only reason they made his ult a suppression was to prevent Cleanse from working on it, which is fine, but you should not have to rush QSS against Skarner jungle.

Flashing his ult should not cause it to go off anyway and have you instantly snap back to him. Rather, his ult should not go on cooldown but should not cast. I think to do this it would be a good idea to slightly increase the duration of the cast animation for his ult and have that part of it (not the whole ult, just the casting animation) be channeled. Also enforce a tether range like most other tethered abilities so that if, say, your allied Alistar headbutts Skarner away while you're ulted, the ult breaks (not sure how good an idea this is... might make Ali/Lee Sin/whatever too strong a counterpick)

Frenger

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashinshin View Post
Is there any reason why its also a melee range ability instead of ranged like the other two?
Other three.

StrmCkr

12-22-2011

there is stuff in game that can knock skarner out of his ult.
ive had mutiple games where i impale a target and that target actually gets away mid ult.

no it wasnt QSS or gp's furit.

how u ask:? here is one of them: { there is sevreal other in game: you have to play around looking for events that remove him out of his ult but there is alot}

if your champ can go into stealth activate it just as you hear "gotch you now" and see the impale animation. you become locked on by the impale then vanish

same thing happens with brush/fog of war.

Quote:
Skarner can move anywhere he wants, use any ability he wants
no skarner cannot use any abillity, while he has impale activatd.

Quote:
Flashing his ult should not cause it to go off anyway and have you instantly snap back to him. Rather, his ult should not go on cooldown but should not cast. I think to do this it would be a good idea to slightly increase the duration of the cast animation for his ult and have that part of it (not the whole ult, just the casting animation) be channeled. Also enforce a tether range like most other tethered abilities so that if, say, your allied Alistar headbutts Skarner away while you're ulted, the ult breaks (not sure how good an idea this is... might make Ali/Lee Sin/whatever too strong a counterpick)
skarner isnt hte only champ that can connect with flashing champs and return them to their starting postion.

blitz, singed and skarner can hit any move to target location skill & spell even recall for that matter, as its being cast to return them to where they start {plus relocate them}

SavageWolves

12-22-2011

Even though it is a 1.75 second suppress, skarner cannot hurt the person he is ulting while the are in the crystal. He can still cast Q and W, but not E.