Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

2 Bot Meta: your duo pick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MarsCollective

12-22-2011

So how does this meta work? I mean I was wondering why it hadnt developed yet before, but now that it is here (in high elo I assume?) how does it work? I mean what happens with top if the other team is not following the 2 man bot, does it end up being 4v3 at windmill fight or maybe 3v3 + 1 goes and bds your mid or so?

Noctred

12-22-2011

Quote:
MarsCollective:
So how does this meta work? I mean I was wondering why it hadnt developed yet before, but now that it is here (in high elo I assume?) how does it work? I mean what happens with top if the other team is not following the 2 man bot, does it end up being 4v3 at windmill fight or maybe 3v3 + 1 goes and bds your mid or so?

Part of adapting to a new metagame is accepting the idea that windmill may no longer be a necessity. Instead of 4v3'ing at windmill, just concede that node and hold their bottom instead. When they pull resources to push you out of their bot, that's when you go and take windmill - so on and so forth.

That's actually the best way to attempt a 4v5 win when you have a leaver or whatever. Ignore windmill until you force them elsewhere.

Dimwitt

12-22-2011

Quote:
Noctred:

That's actually the best way to attempt a 4v5 win when you have a leaver or whatever. Ignore windmill until you force them elsewhere.

You dont ignore it that causes them to keep a 1, 2, 2 defense or a 1.0,1 and 3 roaming.

You have to feign capping long enough to make a push possible.

FDru

12-22-2011

Quote:
MarsCollective:

Players were using this strategy a lot last month, it just kind of faded. Probably because in general it's better to have one strong bot pusher, because they can accomplish the same thing but on a smaller scale.

Dual botting can still be useful if you're outcomped and just need to try something different because large teamfights aren't working. I see a lot of Wukong + Lee Sin + poke + tank lately, and they tend to just destroy windmill and then anything that comes up there to try to take it. Dual laning bot is an alternative to lame, unfun strats like backdooring in that scenario.

Stimuz

12-22-2011

Eve + anything since the opposing team will never know if you are actually duoing bot or out to ruin a fight up top. Too bad they stealth nerfed her passive, 70 damage tower hits were fun for diving.

Argodis

12-22-2011

Quote:
IMSOJUICY:
oh god, i will cry if the support + AD bot lane meta carries over from SR to Dominon

Won't happen. AD Carry + Support bot is beat by aggressive bot lane setups. There is no penalty for playing aggressive and failing in Dominion unlike SR.

However, that doesn't change the fact that once farmed, the AD Carry is the strongest champ on the team and a support protecting them makes them even harder to kill.

Shaxtenn

12-22-2011

Karma + Kennen.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

12-22-2011

Trevorcop and I recently tried out Blitz and Heim. We sit next to each other, so any time he grabbed, I would stun. With 2 turrets right there. Then blitz does his cc ****. Was nice.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

12-22-2011

Quote:
FDru:
Did very well with Nunu

never thought i'd ever read this phrase

Village Idiot

12-22-2011

Soraka can pretty much perma hold bot if she pairs up with someone.