Spell vamp quints

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thommi

12-22-2011

So are the spell vamp quints any good? Has anybody on here tested them out that much yet? Obviously they would be better on some champs but which ones? I have been playing Swain a lot recently and was thinking about using them. How good/bad of an idea would that be? Any help or input would be much appreciated.

smellsliketeens

12-22-2011

Very very few champs can use them, such as akali and ken, and possibly lee.
Swain has too much mana costs and cooldowns to take them to full effect.
I think they need to be doubles to tell you the truth, 12% spellvamp isn't that bad if you compare it to how vamp scepter or dorans gives boost.

Tillinger

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Ive bought them for Ahri since the AP scaling of her skills are not that high , but i think its also usefull on alot of other champions and with Mana reg seals can give u good sustain as any AP champion or AD caster

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

The community generally views them as negative, but I think they're under-estimating them, personally.

They're good on manaless or quasi manaless champions (Kennen, Akali, Karthus, and TF), and a few outliers(Cassiopeia). Even then, I'm not sure about TF, due to him needing Lich Bane so badly.

I don't recommend them on Vlad--you only gain something like...2-3 health per transfusion but give up a decent amount of damage and base health to do so.

I'd say, right now, they're strongest on Akali (17% spell vamp at level 1), and Kennen (9% Vamp), because of how they work. I also strongly suspect they'll work very well for Ryze.

If/when they move transmutation, I think you'll see vamp quints used a lot more.

Thommi

12-22-2011

I play Akali too and was considering it for a bit, but decided against it so that I could use the quints for spellpower. Are they really worth it on her? I could only get 2 of them if I still wanted both twin disciplines at level 1.

Pyrozen

12-22-2011

I think magic pen and AP quints are better than spell vamp quints.

because you really dont use spell vamp early game

wwlima

12-22-2011

Ryze

/thread

tainteddaze

12-22-2011

Its ok but tbh idk many champs that its good on. Kennen maybe its seems ok for vlad haven't really gotten to test it out tho.

Samenko

12-22-2011

They are great on... jungle Mord. Fastest clear in the west.

Moose473

12-22-2011

They aer good, coupled with masteries you get a whopping 9% at level 1, with other items, you have really good sustain. It makes rumble top lane too godly imho.