AP Champions and CDR in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altorr

12-22-2011

Hi everyone, I have been having some issues with CDR in dominion. In my head right now it seems that the two most important things for most AP types in dominion is a Rabadons Deathcap and having 40% CDR. My issue is trying to get the 40% CDR and the Rabadons fast enough to not be a complete waste of a champion.

Currently we can gain 10% CDR with masteries which is a big hooray compared the annoying 9% from before. This leaves 30% CDR to account for. I had played around with some 15%/15% with Ionian Boots and DFG but I found that my damage output is hurt fairly significantly without Sorc Shoes. DFG ive found is pretty awesome, especially with a Rabadoodles on.

With some money coming in from Dodge Rune Refunds I've been starting to think about buying flat CDR runes. If you were to run flat CDR in Glyphs and Quints you would have something like 10.80% CDR. that with masteries would have you halfway with 20% CDR. meaning you could take sorc boots and only need a morellos. But now comes the part where I start missing DFG. If could take DFG but then id only be at 35% and that just bugs me. and without a way to get any more CDR without going into overkill mode I'm left in a hard spot.

So I turn to you community! How do you get to the CDR cap of 40% in dominion? Or do you at all?

Scrubsicle

12-22-2011

Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart is very good. Mana, CDR, and Armor to protect you from all of those AD carries.

Also, Morello's.

Redenbacher

12-22-2011

Flat CDR Glyphs, 9/0/21 Masteries, and Morello's Evil Tome. ~36% *shrug* Close enough. If it matters that much, run the CDR Quints too.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of DFG so it's of no consequence to forgo it in favor of another CDR item.

Also, if there is champion with stealth on the enemy team, Hextech Sweeper can make up the difference.

Let's not forget Haunting Guise either, in the event you want a cheap alternative to the MPen on Sorc Shoes, so you can pick up Ionian. There is also Abyssal Scepter, a personal favorite.

Bomb in lasagna

12-22-2011

You could always get the per level CDR glyphs and that's it. Those give you almost 10% CDR and since you level up quicker in Dominion they are pretty darn good.

FDru

12-22-2011

If you're going full offense, don't even bother trying. If you use defense masteries you can get 12.1% CDR at 18, then fill in the rest with blue runes (you probably need some scaling runes but on Dominion you might as well use all scaling runes anyway) so you only need 20% CDR from items. At that point you could just grab morello's and you're done.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

you can get 16% CDR with quints and glyphs

Bomb in lasagna

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
you can get 16% CDR with quints and glyphs
Yeah but movement speed quints are so good to have on dominion. (IMO)

skyqula

12-22-2011

I find killing someone in 1 combo to be more important then getting max CDR. Infact, besides DFG and the 4% mastery from offense i dont take anny CDR at all.

What i do find to be more important is haunting guise and sorcerres. Getting that magic pen is so sweet and since everyone seems to be using +MR runes thats realy not a waste at all. Also DFG, seriously the best caster item on dominion. Especially once you get that AP up to 500. It hurts those pesky bruiser so hard. Its awesome.

Taenaryn

12-22-2011

I do CDR on my Talon and my Volibear *always*. Talon I go Ionion and Brut plus CDR/Level runes and Volibear Ionian and options like Shurelya's. It's for the ultimate, really. Talon's ultimate does SO MUCH DAMAGE and the survivability it provides causes me to make love to my Brutalizer. *every* time I change out either of those two options I cry a little and there will be a fight that I know I would have won had I had that CDR.

Volibear's ultimate is great for defending against minion waves. A roar to frighten them, Garrison for splash damage, and Thunder Claws to clean them up is awesome. It's great for group fights, often picks up a kill from an enemy that was running away a bit too close to some minions that I could chain it from. But unlike Talon, I much prefer to have his *other* abilities off cooldown as I will generally need them more than once per fight. With Talon, I either kill with one combo and a couple of autoattacks, or I run. With Volibear, I'll initiate with his toss and then need it again to chase a runner.

Those aren't AP champs of course, so I'll add that I love CDR on Ahri. Multiple true-damage orbs in team fights is practically insta-win right there. Multiple foxfires, ditto. Multiple charms, again.

My indecision rests in whether to get flat CDR or to stay with CDR/level runes. Per-level ones surpass flat runes at about level 13, and since many of my games are done by level 16 that means flat runes would have been superior for more of my game. Especially since trying to figure out if I need another item to max out CDR or need to wait to level makes my head hurt.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-22-2011

I'm also using CDR/level blues and Ionian on Ahri, it's better to get CDR on her than pure AP.
If I need MrPen, I can always buy a Void Staff.