@Riot - I'm a paying customer, but until you fix the AFK problem, I won't be

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shykarn

12-22-2011

afk issue is a bigger problem in dominion, bout 25% of games have an afk/leaver and it has a more adverse effect on the game. i posted a thread in forum to c if i could get red response but this one more likely.
personally voting for the insta surrender button or option available at certain point in score difference, only takes bout 2 min to get 100 points under in a 4v5. and forceable surrender w/ vote of 2 players for the trolls that no vote just to tick someone off.
also not buying any more riot points till its fixed. figure if enuf of us that spend 300 - 500$ a year on this game boycott riot points they'll get the point. i play 10/1 dominion over SR so until it fixed no point in spending cash on a game im probably gonna quit playing/cut playtime drastically on.

shykarn

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
No, you have not. Because in spite of the fact that I agree that getting leavers and afks in Dominion is annoying your tone isn't inclusive, it's self-important.

Now, on topic, because I do support actual conversation on this topic: What's your Win/Loss? And how frequently are you getting AFK/DCs. I've had a few today, and I'm barely positive (95 wins to I believe 85 Losses.) However, it's not frequently enough to really detract from my experience as whole. The games are inherently short, and get much shorter if it's lopsided. (Though the last 5v4 game was in my favor, and the opposing team still put up quite a fight, they were very organized. In the end, it was still enjoyable.)

actually got curious and started keeping track recently:
22 games
6 afk/leaver
14W 8L
4W due to afk on other team
2L due to afk on my team
that 27%, believe it will break down to around 25% at 100games
blind pick, think i saw a post on draft pick that was like 13% leaver/afkers
could have easily been other way around.
not my total dominion stats just since started keeping track.
think im 141/149 or somethin like that in dominion

Tale Feather

12-22-2011

Too small of a sample size though. Once I hit 200 games I'll start making a count of my own. I mean, it's worth researching after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenanigansOKeef View Post
Buddy, these days it seems like I'm having more bad days then good days in Dom at the moment.
Don't let it get you down. This is supposed to be an entertaining pastime. Until ranked comes out there's really no huge reason to get competitive in Dominion. And if they do make ranked and start doing competition on it, you bet your arse they'll be working on the technical aspects.

Once I know how my work schedule is I might think of doing a premade team. It'll help leavers/afks on my end at least. Which, honestly, might be a big factor in how some of the high Elo groups are maintaining their ratios in ridiculous levels. With more people on dependable connections with your team, your chances of not having a disconnect picks up astronomically.

CoCoVSGaming

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2011

Loss forgiven and booting at champ select should be implemented.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2011

then dont play ;D

daveuh

12-24-2011

Stop complaining,
Riot doesn't care about your post. There is nothing you can do.

KrYoS

12-24-2011

I counted 16 leavers on my team, 3 on the opposing team in less than a weeks time and probably 60 games. My team lost every game where we had an afk, won every game the other team had and afk'ers. It's pretty bad in Dominion, but really the problem mainly started happening when they moved dominion ahead of classic on the play list. I bet 75% of those leavers happened because they didn't pay attention and thought they queued up for SR. It's frustrating for sure though, because it makes it hard to get that normal ELO up higher to compete with the better players when you can't win for having bad teams and afk'ers. Hopefully the leavebuster system and tribunal, as well as people realizing that dominion is first on the list, will help alleviate this issue,

daveuh

12-24-2011

Don't worry Riot will fix these issues. For that they will release a 6300ip champ