@Riot - I'm a paying customer, but until you fix the AFK problem, I won't be

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tale Feather

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenanigansOKeef View Post
Delusion of grandeur? Do you even know what that means? <redacted>

EDIT--I am really confused here. Why are you defending inaction on an issue that ruins Dominion? Do you not like having fun or something?

EDIT2--I should just stop coming to these forums, it's obviously such a hot bed of intelligent debate. Forget about it. Clearly I'm the only one who doesn't enjoy getting stomped 4v5 for no good reason.
I'm not defending inaction, I'm putting your arrogance in check.

You alone are not going to be any influence on the decision made to regard AFK. First of all, it is a long standing issue that many, many people have already made standing arguments about, therefore the development team is already aware of it. Because you don't see action doesn't mean you'll get Riot suddenly groveling at your feet because you suddenly decided that your what, 10 bucks a month?

Do you honestly think you are of any relevance to compared to a participation group that rivals the size of World of Warcraft? You're displaying self entitlement at its worst and a cry for attention, and I've no tolerance for it anymore.

If you want something, don't sit on some soapbox and cry with a microphone. Join the community discussion on the topic. You had some suggestions, they didn't need to be augmented by the 'I'm not going to pay any money until this happens' bull****. Truth of the matter is, you're individual impact upon the income made by this free to play game is insignificant at best. So stop denying yourself the things you like simply because you're trying to make a stammering on a fix that may or may not already be in the works. That discourages constructive conversation, and honestly, if this is the tone you're going to be carrying in the forums, it would be better without you. LoL Boards are already acclaimed as the worst on the net, we don't need more of it.

As far as the definition of Delusion of Grandeur: "delusional conviction of one's own importance, power, or knowledge or that one is, or has a special relationship with, a deity or a famous person."

You think your money has impact, and that it's important enough to make some sort of public announcement (in it's own thread, mind you.) That you're pulling out your income into this game is of any significance. That perfectly fits the term. Your redaction of putting my knowledge of the term in question is wise.

So, if you're finished thinking yourself important, we can actually have a constructive conversation without idle or ignorant threats to Riot. If anything, a more positive tone of the conversation might encourage more open communication from Riot regarding the issue, especially as you're offering solutions that could possibly be implemented, and I'd rather have feedback on that, than your 'I'm not paying money till I get my way' fit.

ShenanigansOKeef

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tale feather View Post

<wall of text>
tl;dr.

EDIT--I was going to analyze this post, and retort in a quote-by-quote style, but honestly, it's a Friday, it's my last day of work for the year, and I can't be bothered. I just want to go home and play some gorram league of legends.

EDIT2--But for the record, though individually I may be "insignificant", but when a large enough group of "insignificant" people get together in protest, things DO change. I was hoping this would be more unifying than divisive, but apparently I have not been succesful.

Ensign

12-22-2011

It would be nice if you could just surrender if your team has an AFK / disconnected player.

Everything else suggested is a bad idea for a variety of reasons. Trying to 'balance' a 4v5 game is simply going to cause problems and become ripe for abuse.

The right solution is to allow the team on the short end to end the game quickly and start a new one.

ShenanigansOKeef

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign View Post
It would be nice if you could just surrender if your team has an AFK / disconnected player.

Everything else suggested is a bad idea for a variety of reasons. Trying to 'balance' a 4v5 game is simply going to cause problems and become ripe for abuse.

The right solution is to allow the team on the short end to end the game quickly and start a new one.
This, please god this. I don't want to get punished for wanting to leave a 4v5 game, I want to play another game, hopefully a REAL game, asap.

But in all honesty isn't the system we have now abusive? Once you're playing 4v5 it's like a permanent, endless ganking that you cannot possibly win.

Zavy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

While I largely agree with your concerns and a number of your proposed fixes, you come across as quite a jerk which makes it very difficult to objectively look at your arguments.

Tale Feather

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenanigansOKeef View Post
EDIT2--But for the record, though individually I may be "insignificant", but when a large enough group of "insignificant" people get together in protest, things DO change. I was hoping this would be more unifying than divisive, but apparently I have not been succesful.
No, you have not. Because in spite of the fact that I agree that getting leavers and afks in Dominion is annoying your tone isn't inclusive, it's self-important.

Your separating yourself beyond the community, especially by first implying "Oh hey, I'm a paying customer." When the average person on LoL actually do end up spending real life money in this game.

Now, on topic, because I do support actual conversation on this topic: What's your Win/Loss? And how frequently are you getting AFK/DCs. I've had a few today, and I'm barely positive (95 wins to I believe 85 Losses.) However, it's not frequently enough to really detract from my experience as whole. The games are inherently short, and get much shorter if it's lopsided. (Though the last 5v4 game was in my favor, and the opposing team still put up quite a fight, they were very organized. In the end, it was still enjoyable.)

But we need to clarify the degree of this issue. Leavers/AFKs are still an issue in Summoners rift, and they might still be the same ratio, but being felt more because the games are shorter, and therefore more frequent.

Now as far as a shorter surrender timer, there is one, perhaps that should be adjusted better in general, as most people don't trigger surrender in dominion anyways, maybe it just needs to be flat out available, or say, available within the first 2 minutes. Really, a short game like that doesn't need a restriction the the surrender button, and by the restriction time, the game is either over already or players are already invested into the fight trying for a win.

Honestly, I view this as the only feasible solution. Disconnects and leavers happen. The Elo system itself is an entirely different issue that needs to be regarded differently so we can't tie 'loss forgiven' into it. (But the loss forgiven idea on a team with a character marked 'leaver' would be nice.)

But I'm of the impression that the 'afk problem' isn't any worse for particularly Dominion so much that it's noticed more due to the higher volume of play.

ShenanigansOKeef

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
No, you have not. Because in spite of the fact that I agree that getting leavers and afks in Dominion is annoying your tone isn't inclusive, it's self-important.

Your separating yourself beyond the community, especially by first implying "Oh hey, I'm a paying customer." When the average person on LoL actually do end up spending real life money in this game.
This wasn't my goal. I was merely trying to assert that I am displeased with the way things are, and am choosing to vote with my wallet.

I have 141 wins, 141 losses in Dominion--And I reckon I'd be have a hell of a lot better ratio if not for this problem. And I was not being dramatic when I said that it's upwards of 50% of games that I see leavers, either on my team or the enemy team--but even when it's the enemy that leaves, it still sucks. It's not a real game, it's not a real victory. Sure, I might get my first win of the day bonus out of it, but it's a very hollow win.

I can't comment on what happens in Summoner's Rift, I basically play Dominion exclusively.

Also, I don't really care if I come across as a jerk. I'm just venting, it's really, really lame to get three games ruined in a row. That's all the games I played last night! So a whole night of LoL, ruined. And that makes me mad.

If you ever meet me in game, I'm actually very pleasant. Unless an opponent say "GG" at the end of a game where we have a leaver or AFK. Then I get unpleasant.

Tale Feather

12-22-2011

Sounds like to me you had a bad day.

The LoL boards aren't exactly the best place to do that, especially if you're trying to have a constructive message to go with it. This is true with anything mixing desire for overall improvement in with self-gratification such as venting.

I understand your frustration, but, honestly, it might be your Elo pulling you down with others that normally wind up leaving or are otherwise afk. Again, I do wind up having my fair share of issues with leavers, but I don't let it effect my enjoyment of the game. 3 in a row would frustrate me too, however.

Again, my only real recomedation to fix this is to remove the surrender timer. It might deny people that connect late, but in a game where every second matters, even the early ones, it might be a bit forgivable to do so.

However, to counterbalance this, I'd say put the 'leaver' marker at 3 minutes. If your teammate hasn't shown up by then, they get marked as leaver, and you get a loss forgiven. (Except the leaver.)

Surrender before that time, however, and you bite a loss. This will help prevent abusive use of the surrender function.

ShenanigansOKeef

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale Feather View Post
Sounds like to me you had a bad day.
Buddy, these days it seems like I'm having more bad days then good days in Dom at the moment.

Cherokeepimp

12-22-2011

For realz, Riot do something!!!!!!!!!!!