Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Teams with multiple CC suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12-22-2011

Diminishing Returns.

BTW inb4 blind pick scrub
inb4 go draft mode noob
(i dont play draft mode much because 90% of the time the champions i find most fun or are good at are banned)

what do i mean by diminishing returns..well say for example a team consisting of: Galio, Sona and Morgana, and whatever 2 randoms...when they chain cc via ults. the duration of said CC should be reduced after subsequent CC effects following the first to hit. for example:

Galio ults (full duration) then Sona ults (duration of stun is lessened) then morg ult (duration of the stun reduced further).

it is hardly fair for a team that has a plethora of stuns to go against a team that has **** all for cc as it puts one team at a major disadvantage during group fights...not to mention it can make a group of complete retarded people be able to win easily because of it.

But what about tenacity items you ask? well they dont stack. so you can only buy 1 so its not gonna be that much help. and more often than not it will be merc treads chosen.

"what about quicksilver sash and cleanse" you ask? well in blind pick you will rarely find cleanse being chosen, except on the occasional GOOD tryndamere and singed. the most common summoners to pick are exhaust, ignite, flash and teleport because you do not expect to encounter a team that is full of cc. and quicksilver sash. well...its such an underused item people often look past it in favor of more health or more damage.

The Chau

12-22-2011

Quote:
and quicksilver sash. well...its such an underused item people often look past it in favor of more health or more damage.

Just buy it if you're having so much problems?

Your tank should always have some kind of AOE interrupt to counter-initiate the initiation anyways though...

MMGI

12-22-2011

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/canttelliftrollingm.jpg/

Jagunço do Tripé

12-22-2011

Amumu Wukong Veigar Leona and Graves

all has AoE CC and AOE Demage
and u can use it in the meta with Wukong solo top and Amumu Jungle
Bot: Leona & Graves
Mid: Veigar

12-22-2011

Quote:
SaniShahin:
Just buy it if you're having so much problems?

Your tank should always have some kind of AOE interrupt to counter-initiate the initiation anyways though...

ok. let me use a game i just played as the example.

Twisted Fate (semi fed). Sona (not that many items). Galio (almost full build). Morgana (semi fed). Tryndamere (not fed, shut down early) (yes i used them in my initial example)

i was talon. by the end of the game. i was 16/8/19 and still lost because of the sheer amount of cc they chained. i built quicksilver sash. didnt help because well..i used it to cleanse sonas ult only to be ulted by galio and morgana. herp dead. our tank was rammus. who had a rough time with the cc. i told the rest of my team to build QS. they didnt listen at all.

Quote:
MMGI:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/canttelliftrollingm.jpg/

no. not trolling bro. being serious.

The Chau

12-22-2011

Quote:
HyperSpeedWombat:
ok. let me use a game i just played as the example.

Twisted Fate (semi fed). Sona (not that many items). Galio (almost full build). Morgana (semi fed). Tryndamere (not fed, shut down early) (yes i used them in my initial example)

i was talon. by the end of the game. i was 16/8/19 and still lost because of the sheer amount of cc they chained. i built quicksilver sash. didnt help because well..i used it to cleanse sonas ult only to be ulted by galio and morgana. herp dead. our tank was rammus. who had a rough time with the cc. i told the rest of my team to build QS. they didnt listen at all.

Yeah AOE CC IS really powerful though. I normally play ranked though so we just counterpick, but I can see it being a huge problem in blind pick (as you stated in the OP).

I'd like to see other peoples' opinions as well though.

12-22-2011

i can already foresee the trillions of downvotes for being a blind pick scrub or build cc reduction items. i too would like to see some serious opinions.

Top D0ge

12-22-2011

In ranked, champions with abilities like Morgana's ultimate are usually banned. When they're not it's a matter of building resistance to those abilities or countering with a champion with an ability that can do the same so your team is not destroyed. Building tenacity is a great solution to countering hard CC and having a champion that can ignore those CC is even stronger (Irelia for example, doing very strong damage while maintaining survivability and having passive tenacity that stacks with a single tenacity item). In the end it all boils down to "Is my team willing to not use a cookie cutter solomid.net glass cannon build and build items that counter the enemy team?" or "Is my team willing to utilize positioning so that CC abilities cannot affect us 100%?" and "Am I willing to play draft pick so I can ban characters like Morgana and Amumu?"

Gilder

12-22-2011

Quote:
HyperSpeedWombat:
i can already foresee the trillions of downvotes for being a blind pick scrub or build cc reduction items. i too would like to see some serious opinions.

Your not getting downvoted for that. Your getting down voted because you want to QQ about teams building comps that work together and do well. Sure those are mostly all AOE CC but most of them require the enemies to be positioned around them. If you are letting them position correctly to chain that on your whole team that sounds like you are doing something wrong. Where are your ranges? Where is your CC? Characters like Lee Sin, Singed, Volibear, Tristana, all have position changing moves too.

Where were your teams BV? Between Galio/ Morg/ Sona its hard to pop a BV. Galio only has skill shots that move slow. Sona has a Q that she can't target and morg only has her snare to waste it with and its a skill shot.

3mptylord

12-22-2011

They could always increase/change the effect of Tenacity.

Tenacity: reduces the duration of blinds, silences, fears, taunts, charms, slow, stuns and snares (immobilizes and roots). Additionally, upon being affected by crowd control, you gain 5 increased tenacity for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times. The Tenacity statistic does not stack; you will only benefit from a single Tenacity item.

Thus people still have to make an effort to avoid chain CC.

I'd like to go a step further;

Tenacity: reduces the duration of blinds, silences, fears, taunts, charms, stuns and snares (immobilizes and roots), and the strength of movement slows, attack slows and grievous wounds. Additionally, upon being affected by crowd control, you gain 5 increased tenacity for 5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times. The Tenacity statistic does not stack; you will only benefit from a single Tenacity item.

Adding attack speed and grievous wound as a form of crowd control/action modifier/disable; and making it such that slows/grievous wounds are affected by Tenacity differently. It would make more sense to reduce the strength rather than the duration.