Should this 'loss forgiven' idea be implemented?

Yes 575 85.06%
No 101 14.94%
Voters: 676. You may not vote on this poll

loss forgiven for afk/leavers/trolls?

12345612 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mystuhmusic

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiance365 View Post
Problem with the system of having a button to report it.
"Were losing cause of our fail jungle and/or support" - often the first 2 to be blamed
"Lets just report them for afking" - they force on guys to take the bullet for everyone else.
Well, if the report button only works if the majority of both teams voted, then the "bad teammate" excuse won't work. The thing is, if one person is either blatantly AFK, or blatantly trolling, (ie, sona running top with xin without any items saying lOl every few seconds. etc) neither teams would be at fault. I'd say give the winning team their Elo, they did play for something, but not drop the losing teams' Elo for that one guy. Obviously, the person who is accused of this should drop in Elo massively, because in all honesty, nobody on either team would want to see this guy again in a game while they are trying very hard to prove themselves with their ranking.

Everyone says something about Elo hell and something about getting to an Elo where people start playing seriously. Well that doesn't happen often, because there will always be people that do this just because. What if a high Elo player decided that they had enough of this game and started trolling his way through ranked games? Shouldn't this be stopped ASAP before they go on to ruin a great deal of people's Elo? Even IF this is only a hypothetical scenario, there is still very little the teammates can do. Even IF this person gets banned, they still lost their Elo.

In short, a button for both teams to brand an AFK-er or troll would really help. The winners get their Elo gain, but the losers get a loss forgiven with no Elo loss. The AFK-er or troll will recieve double penalty on their Elo and be reported, to deter people from doing so and at the same time not penalizing the teammates for being "oh so lucky" to get caught in a game like this.

xXiAmNlGgEr11Xx

12-22-2011

8 leavers 8 losses in a row. Had a 2v5. In ranked. Bump.

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiance365 View Post
Problem with the system of having a button to report it.
"Were losing cause of our fail jungle and/or support" - often the first 2 to be blamed
"Lets just report them for afking" - they force on guys to take the bullet for everyone else.
that is why the solution should only refund elo or punish somebody if BOTH teams say it happened. to be honest, even if i would get reduced elo for a win when the other team had no chance thanks to a troll i would gladly help them to not be screwed out of a game because i know what it's like. the fact that the other team would have to make the report as well balances it and prevents the losing team from just finding a scapegoat.

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Also, that is not to say that "all of my losses are due to trolls qq." the losses i have that were not due to those trolls were legit losses. as a team, we all could have done better and in the end we were simply outplayed. i am not saying that this should be a crutch, but it is a problem that should be addressed. losing a game because you were outplayed is a sign that you need to improve in at least one way (but usually many). losing a game because one person on your team played wrong is a sign that you need to give constructive advice more often and help that one person to catch up and play more with the cohesive unit. losing a game because one person on your team went out of their way to lose it is a sign that you can learn nothing of use from that game.

Mynci

12-22-2011

My first 3 placement matches were all 3v5's in their favor. Then my first win was a 5v3 in my favor. I felt dirty. Bump.

Scareflare

12-22-2011

I don't have very much experience with anything nearly as serious as competitive play, but just from blind pick/draft pick regulars, I would have to give my support for the concept of an idea similar to this.
AFKers and Leavers would be a fairly easy thing to pick up on (although for the latter, I've had my share of internet DCs and would have to say that too hard a blanket with that would have a painful backlash) but trolls in particular are difficult to pick up on from a detection standpoint.
What is a troll?
Are they just a bad? Maybe just one who needs to act like a troll when they die so they don't feel bad? (See: Cartman from South Park any time he gets made fun of)
Perhaps said troll is just overly defensive?
Not to mention- I know this is a frightening concept- but what about the opposite party makeup being true? 4 trolls, one non-troll? All blaming the non-troll for trolling.

I do support the idea behind this, I just think that it would have to be a bit more detailed. I think it could be done, however.

1313Jr1313

12-22-2011

the opposite party makeup thing i believe is covered by the opposing team also needing to press that button.

1313Jr1313

12-23-2011

i'm bumping this to see more votes

Leeroy Jenkinsv1

12-23-2011

For gods sake implement it. Our Lee Sin doesn't connect and we lose a 4v5? How is that fair and how does that judge your skill level? I want my 12 elo back from the last game.

If people leave like that they should be punished extremely heavily. Ranked games aren't something to just troll in. We join to play some games where we actually have a proper fun competitive game. I'll never get anywhere high if I have dc's and afk's and neither will anyone else. Some people are crazy unlucky that I know. They are better players than me (im not terrible but not like plat skilled) who play as well as my plat friends if not better but they get trolls and feeders and afkers and are stuck at like 1500 or lower. They play in go4lol and usually advance a couple of rounds but yet they are stuck in this ****ty region. Loss forgiven needs to be implemented to at least refund some of the elo preferably all. If I have to deal with this at 1600's too then its just not worth my time to even play ranked games.

1313Jr1313

12-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroy Jenkinsv1 View Post
For gods sake implement it. Our Lee Sin doesn't connect and we lose a 4v5? How is that fair and how does that judge your skill level? I want my 12 elo back from the last game.

If people leave like that they should be punished extremely heavily. Ranked games aren't something to just troll in. We join to play some games where we actually have a proper fun competitive game. I'll never get anywhere high if I have dc's and afk's and neither will anyone else. Some people are crazy unlucky that I know. They are better players than me (im not terrible but not like plat skilled) who play as well as my plat friends if not better but they get trolls and feeders and afkers and are stuck at like 1500 or lower. They play in go4lol and usually advance a couple of rounds but yet they are stuck in this ****ty region. Loss forgiven needs to be implemented to at least refund some of the elo preferably all. If I have to deal with this at 1600's too then its just not worth my time to even play ranked games.
i'll second that reason... half of the reason i play ranked is because i figure at a certain point there will be almost no trolling and i can enjoy a nice civilized video game, but if this is happening over half way up the ladder then something needs to change.

12345612 ... 32