Should this 'loss forgiven' idea be implemented?

Yes 574 85.04%
No 101 14.96%
Voters: 675. You may not vote on this poll

loss forgiven for afk/leavers/trolls?

1234511 ... 32
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1313Jr1313

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I understand that there are already a few threads complaining about leavers, afkers, and trolls, but this is a serious issue that many people have to deal with. Anecdote time: throughout the course of this week, i went from 1300 elo to 1620 (1614, but give it to me). i was very proud of myself and my duo partner. we played very well and very tight games and managed to keep any flame wars from rising on our team. we may not have played perfect games, but we did great on the damage control front to prevent flaming spreading on our team.

then it happened... we had an irelia as our first pick (despite somebody already calling top). ok, it happens right? not everybody speaks english or reads the teamchat or whatever and while i'd prefer they did, it's entirely possible that life happened. we filled the rest of the roles and the game started. sure enough, that irelia bumrushed top with no items and ran straight into the enemy top, tower dove, and gave first blood. i use tower dove very loosely as she didn't actually do any damage to them and just stood at the tower. 2 deaths later and before the 5 minute mark we get a big 'l0l' and a 'you're lucky you get a free win' in all chat followed by her leaving. fine, elo lost... frustrating game that nobody could do anything about... the next game? the same thing happens... 4 games later and another 4 games lost due to people leaving the game early or afking for most of it with quite a bit of trolling. this was not fair... not a single one of the games i have won to get up to this elo has been due to somebody on their team trolling or leaving; playing badly possibly, but not like this.

My proposal to fix this issue:
if the majority of both teams say that the game was straight up unfair, then the losing team with the exception of the offending player (who potentially gets double or even triple the elo loss) should retain the elo they had before the game started. this could easily be implemented and there would be little room for abuse of the system since a duo partner that does leave would eat more than enough elo loss to not make it worth it. it would also rapidly lower the elo of trolls and get them out of the general population of players who want to play much faster. it would not be difficult to implement a button like this and in cases like the above irelia example it would not be hard to get a majority vote from BOTH teams (the other team was apologetic and understanding but we can't expect them to throw the game since that would be just as unfair).

needless to say, there could be some tweaking to the system to make it work but it's just one proposal. in season one over half of my losses were due to getting trolled and i struggled just to stay above 1300. i'm sure i'm not the only one who has had this issue and it would be such an easy fix for such a large amount of people. more people could be enticed to play ranked since the odds of encountering a troll will be lower and if people are playing more ranked they may take the game more serious and buy more skins (if that's the line of reasoning that would make you more likely to give feedback on this issue). all feedback is welcome and whether or not it is a pipe dream for riot to take my advice seriously i do not care so leave those posts out of this thread. feedback pertaining to the method itself is welcomed. i would rather have a system in place to make the game funner than for us to get the right answer the first time.

edit 1:
another great suggestion to potential ****ery from dalfour is to address somebody who just had a faulty connection. the initial idea involved them getting elo screwed for their one offense even if it's an anomaly. dalfour's suggestion was to build up these reports and if a small number of games had multiple games of trolling/leaving/afk then all losses would be unloaded onto them and with enough time between them they would be forgiven and just suffer normal elo losses.

edit 2:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...628325&page=19

the first post on page 19 (response to warlord micheal on some of his concerns) helps give another idea for what this system can hold.

Jumping Salmon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Bump

Jumping Salmon

12-22-2011

bump

Boku No Pico

12-22-2011

Bump.

ChaKaBroLi

12-22-2011

Trolling is and always will be there. If you want to be more serious then make some friends, get a chat server and play together. I like my.rig at home and my wifey loves me to be home but I really prefer lol'ing with the stinky college kids at the LAN center near my house. Yelling for your tank and he's sitting right there next to you is awesome.

Everyone in the bush! Wait here they come... Everyone goes in 3.
Everyone's ult up!?
I'm silencing their janna
Pucker!
Blitz get that MF!
Ace.

It feels really good.
Try it sometime.

Cyrj88

12-22-2011

I came to this area of the forums to start a similar topic myself. I just finished a game where we surrendered at the 20 minute mark because we had someone on our team who joined the ranked queue and afk picked Anivia. Anivia did not even connect to the game while it loaded and remained in the base all game not moving, saying anything in chat, or buying a single item.

In my opinion this is unacceptable and should not be allowed to happen in a ranked queue. I feel like after a successful season one, riot would implement some sort of system to deal with this, but they have not. It has happened to me personally quite a few times since i started ranked queues in season one.

So, i encourage everyone who has run into similar problems to post here on this thread and get the word out to riot that something needs to be done, how can we be competitive in the ladder when things like this happen?

I am near begging for change here, please riot implement a system to fix this. As the op mentioned it probably wouldn't be that difficult to implement something, whether it be a button in the interface, or some sort of automatic system that realizes someone is not there.

I realize that the company has a priority list of updates they need to work on, but this needs to be bumped to the top of that list. It is very unfair to the players when they loose rating to no fault of their own.

Thank you in advance riot for becoming aware of and fixing this problem.

NoradIV

12-22-2011

Bump that ****

FattyMcBacon

12-22-2011

Great idea.

GosuJasu

12-22-2011

Problem with the system of having a button to report it.
"Were losing cause of our fail jungle and/or support" - often the first 2 to be blamed
"Lets just report them for afking" - they force on guys to take the bullet for everyone else.

Cyrj88

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiance365 View Post
Problem with the system of having a button to report it.
"Were losing cause of our fail jungle and/or support" - often the first 2 to be blamed
"Lets just report them for afking" - they force on guys to take the bullet for everyone else.
You make a great point, which means an automatic afk detection system would need to be put in place to counter this, instead of a button.

I know some would say, but wait there already is an afk detection system in place. I'm referring to something during champion select. the system in place to detect afks doesn't provide you with a loss forgiven.

point is riot needs to come up with something, its not our game we don't need to be coming up with creative ideas for problems, they should be doing they're job to provide a fair competitive environment.

1234511 ... 32