Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So how Cho'Gath in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Renku

12-21-2011

Combat wise and is he good top lane , bot, or roaming?

Señor Pancho

12-21-2011

solid champ, not much mobility but good CC and meaty. plus that true damage ultimate on a low cooldown is always nice.

i never played cho in 2 years of LoL, I might give him a try, but I don't like the champion itself =(

Argodis

12-21-2011

Pretty good bot lane.

There aren't many champs that he can straight dominate but a good Cho'Gath won't lose bot 1v1 against most champs. Great counter to strong bot champs like Urgot and Ryze.

Radinferno

12-21-2011

he's ok, he's more of a defender. when i play him, after i get a couple items, generally i camp top tower after we cap it and defend it while occasionally going mid to help out.

Renku

12-21-2011

The lack of mobility is what I'm afraid of.

PrimalHatred

12-21-2011

The biggest problem I have is keeping stacks -- sure careful play will keep you alive most of the time if you pick your engages properly and don't defend points that you can't hold, but accidents happen. One death puts you down to 3 stacks and in dominion blowing three feasts to regain them is painfully slow. A good gank or two can really set you back.

Vladd0

12-22-2011

1) Depends on your build..
1.1. You may play full tank with some cd -> play defender top (FoN, SC, Thornmail, FH)
1.2. You may play ap + some durability -> bot (GA, Deathcap, FoN, Rylai)
1.3. You may play attack speed + ap -> roamer (Malady, Rylai, Bloodrazor, nashor's tooth)
2) Depends on your playstyle
3) Depends on what your teamm8s have chosen.

@Renku Boots of swiftness + MS runes / BoM solves the problem

@PrimalHatred You don't actually need 6 stacks.. 3-4 is enough. If you have to defend gaining 3 stacks is easy.. Feast the siege creep and clear the rest with qw, if you're not alone, the other team probably will not jump to cap the point. But this is situational.

Hobocop

12-22-2011

I prefer playing him full tank with one good attack speed item, as Vorpal Spikes does very good damage when maxed. 21 in defense, making sure to get at least 2 points in Enlightenment with 8 points utility for the movespeed. The 1 free point is for a Summoner spell mastery of choice. Combine those with movespeed quints, and you end up being fairly mobile, especially after you get FoN.

You want 30-40% CDR regardless of how you build him. Feast is big money, and having it available every 34 seconds is huge, and it also makes you incredibly disruptive, letting you stall people from capturing a point indefinitely from the fog of war using Rupture once you have enough CDR. With a tank build, Shurelya's Reverie+Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart will get you there along with Enlightenment. Shurelya's also has that very nice active to further boost your mobility if you need it.

Depending on the situation, you can max Scream or Spikes first. Spikes lets you go AFK and clear minions with ease, and makes it trivial to score those last hits that are key to Cho'Gath's sustainability when playing bot. Scream's silence duration scales with rank which is very important, and is fairly reliable for harassment. I don't like getting more than 1 rank of Rupture to start, as it's too unreliable to count on for damage, so I use it purely for disruption and utility.

For items, beyond Shurelya's, FoN, and Frozen Heart, which are all key items, you can honestly get whatever you want. Wit's End is a common attack speed item that helps round out your defenses, although if you're feeling funny, you can try Phantom Dancer or a Bloodrazor. I've also tried Gunblade a couple of times on him, and it's fairly effective as long as you have attack speed first.

Dimwitt

12-22-2011

You should build ionic on him

AS + health on cho = even more tanky-ness