nobody wants to play bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NothingLeft2Lose

12-21-2011

I don't always go bot. But when I do.. my teammates fricking suck top.

So no

Koldhara

12-21-2011

whenever i play and try to go bot, people always tell me to go top....whats up with that?

Stimuz

12-21-2011

i refuse to bot, so unfun.

gnmish

12-21-2011

I try to play Bot every game, I fully spec for it with champ, runes, masteries, build etc and as a result I usually force 2-3 enemy to come bot on a regular basis.

Since I started doing that I win 3/4 games, coincidence?

I honestly don't know why people find it boring, you just have to remember its probably the most important single role in the game, and I'd rather have a long line of Green Victory games in my match history than Defeat with a gold sticker.

Ensign

12-21-2011

You really need two bottom picks to deal with all the counter-picking that can go on, to be perfectly honest; and to be prepared to rotate people in and out depending on match-ups.

Good luck getting a pub to do that, however.

Asmonok

12-21-2011

Personally I prefer top over bot but I dont want to screw a team over and will play bot when noone else wants to. It can be fun depending on the players but I personally find it extremely boring when both teams just pretend bottom doesnt exist and dont gank or protect the turret when youre on the long respawn timer.

I even picked up Casseopia and Brand last week. Now I am currently working on building a rune page for Ryze. Now I just have to get experienced at playing mage champs. It feels awkward atm since I have a hard time judging what fights I can and cant win yet especially since almost all of my lol experience is playing tankydps style champs.

Kalarepa

12-22-2011

I hate playing bot. I didn't choose Dominion to play boring SR-like laning phase. Especially, that you always lane against some super annoying champ, like Yorick, Heim or Maokai.

ViolentlyCar

12-22-2011

Bot feels less of a battle of skill and more of a battle of stats. The character with the best sustain, or the safest ranges, pretty much always wins.

Linktochaos

12-22-2011

Bot is too close to the spawn portal. It therefore is not very meaningful to capture bot since it can be recaptured pretty fast.

It does become meaningful when it takes resources away from the top though.

Redenbacher

12-22-2011

The problem with bottom is that it's too much like laning top in SR. If anyone wanted to lane, they'd play SR. Best sustain wins, pushing is punished with ganks from jungle, out-farm your opponent to win. It then goes on to suck more, because if you win the lane and take the tower, it doesn't stay taken for very long, and you're still stuck there.

I think tweaks need to be made to make bottom a little more interesting, and less like laning.