Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help me Find the Perfect Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Macariia

12-21-2011

So I have tried a ton of champions and I am still trying to find the one i could play every game and be happy.

I love Ranged DPS yet characters like Miss Fortune and Vayne don't necessarily hit the spot.

I have had fun with Twitch and Twisted Fate

It may be random but Janna is fun to play with but she is way to under powered to play solo

The only melee champion i have enjoyed was singed due to his slow and fling.

With the information given what would be a good champion to try next?

I have enough IP for a 6300 character so every champion is open

Ow My Feels

12-21-2011

GP
Even though he's a melee, he can shoot out some crits.

Also he can eat some oranges and be k. With a global ult.

Macariia

12-21-2011

I was looking at Kog Ma and he seems like a fun champion. I will have to check out GP seeing he is a cheaper champion and could easily work back up to 6300 IP if i didnt like him

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Kog'maw if you want the true feel of a ranged champion. He has the longest auto attack range of all champions when you use his BaB (710 range), his ultimate is like having an artillery strike every second (though it can cost a ton of mana), and it can also be fun to play a kamikaze bomber with his passive.

Gangplank, as blood000 said, is a melee champion with some ranged and a nice global ultimate. And free Cleanse.

Caitlyn's a great early game champion, a fun sniper and the longest starting range of any champ at 650. Also has one of the few reveal mechanics that can reveal stealthed enemies, and one of the few ranged champs with a gap closer/escape.

Tristana's one of the older champions but also a really fun ranged champ. Ends up with a 702 range because her passive levels up her range, has good minion clearing capabilities and probably the longest range gap closer (although it's extremely buggy and kinda slow). Also has the longest range knockback, which can hit multiple enemies and send them through walls to make escaping even easier.

DreamsOfGrandeur

12-21-2011

Janna isn't underpowered.

If you go mid lane with her as an AP mage, at level9, you can clear entire creep wave with just your knock-up whirlwind ability (i dont play Janna). At that point, you completely cripple the enemy's ability to farm by pushing their lane.
You're then free to gank as often as the jungler, which means huge opportunities to get fed, while your lane opponent is stuck competing with his turret for minion kills.

Based on your like of Miss Fortune and Vayne, I'm guessing you like dealing tons of damage with moderate mobility.

Graves is probably the guy you're looking for. If not, I'd recommend Tristana - But she's not an easy champ to master.

Best Zod NA

12-21-2011

Twitch is amazing. Stick with him.