Question about the IP boosts

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

12-21-2011

How much IP do you get from winning with the IP boost? Is it like the first win of the day IP boost where if you win you get 200+ IP? Also, is there a limit to the amount of games you can win and receive an IP bonus with the 24 hour IP boost?

thanks.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-21-2011

The boosts that are based on duration (1day, 3day, 7day, etc) give you extra IP, win or lose, based on how much you earned for the game. The amount is what you see grayed out whenever you play a game without it, and it will not include the first win of the day bonus (I believe it only includes one out of the 'matched game' and '<mode>' bonuses, but I'll get back to you on that). These boosts last until their duration is up, and will continue to tick down even if you're not in game or in PvP.net. The per win boosts will last until they are used, and give a flat amount based on the type of game mode, but do not - at least I'm almost positive - work for coop or custom games.

While both types of boosts can be active at the same time, and both work, they will not increase the amount the other gives. Say you get X for without a boost, X+Y with the per day boost, and X+Z with the per win boost, having both wins will give you X+Y+Z, no more, no less.

Kuryaka

12-21-2011

According to the description, IP and EXP boosts double the EXP/IP that you would have normally gotten. Not sure if this is true, but it would make sense (boosted rate of EXP/IP gain, instead of encouraging just playing the game regardless of outcome)

I also know that per win boosts work for co-op. Unfortunately. .-. I had a free 10-win IP boost and only played 3 normal games with them.

CounterSnipe

12-21-2011

Ok, thanks a lot. I just didn't want to buy the one day IP boost and find I can only get 5 bonuses out of it because of something in fine print I didn't read somewhere. This helped a lot, thank you both so much.