Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

01-26-2012

I started playing teemo just recently for 3 reasons.

1. Your article made me curious to see if he actually is underpowered.
2. I already have tristana and I wanted the match set (I have a suspicion that the 2 of them are ungodly powerful if played together in bot lane)
3. I hate spending money on wards as the support. I mean the **** things cost 75 gold apiece that adds up over the couse of a game. Teemo gives me free wards all the time.

I have come to the conclusion from using him that they should revert the cooldown on his move quick ability to what it used to be since back door teemo isn't a real big concern anymore considering he pretty much needs to build on hit anymore and that he should get a slight range buff since his range at the moment really blows. I really like blind since it is fun to mess with tryndameres, but I think it should get buffed to 2 seconds instead of just the 1.5 seconds.

Anyway+1 lets see if we can get the swift scout buffed.

KingKobold

01-26-2012

I like playing Teemo, I think he is okay. But yeah he isn't that great.

He's a pretty good solo top, and his damage output is decent, but not amazing.

Making mushrooms stack would bring back of the horrors of Beta Teemo putting 40 shrooms in one spot and laughing as he gets a pentakill. Move Quick is already a powerful tool against a lot of bruisers, which is why he is such a brutal counterpick in top lane. Blinding dart is very situational, but hard to balance.

Really the only buffs I would make to Teemo would be to increase his AA range, and perhaps change a few base stats.

Jamaree

01-26-2012

Quote:
KingKobold:
I like playing Teemo, I think he is okay. But yeah he isn't that great.

He's a pretty good solo top, and his damage output is decent, but not amazing.

Making mushrooms stack would bring back of the horrors of Beta Teemo putting 40 shrooms in one spot and laughing as he gets a pentakill. Move Quick is already a powerful tool against a lot of bruisers, which is why he is such a brutal counterpick in top lane. Blinding dart is very situational, but hard to balance.

Really the only buffs I would make to Teemo would be to increase his AA range, and perhaps change a few base stats.

Personally, that is what I want to see. A range increase, base stat increase, and a shorter cooldown on Move Quick or make it so it is a cc remover because right now, it is the longest CD in the game for an escape move that only gives you a tiny speed boost. Most champions have a chase down anyway or better escape tool compared to this.

Mysterage

01-26-2012

He's horrible, so terrible...just bad. Look up terri-bad in the LoL dictionary, you'll find Teemo's sad face, silently weeping. T_T

lagedop

01-27-2012

Teemo comunity! please help me by reading this.
Hi im no one important yet, i just need your help as a comunity.

Take a look everyone, 98 pages, over 100 upvotes on comments that arent even the main uploaders, and still no changes to teemo. does anyone else know why?

please dont stop reading cause im saying bad things, just please.

firstly i must say, as a subcomunity, ITS HUGE, so much support for teemo, and for good reason, but heres the problem. nk about how many other people who dont play teemo are upset cause thier champ isnt getting enough "love", right now the three i can see easyily are Teemo ofc, shen and tf

the smallest group, is the tf comunity, im a part of that. currently im trying to get the tf comunity to join the teemo comunity. but the biggest group right now are the shen supporters, now all you teemo fans, supporters who main teemo and those of you who dont play teemo at all (like me) we all need your help.

riot isnt going to take any action to changes if they just see a bunch of players supporting anything and everything, we need to unite, not as teemo fans and supporters, but as LOL PLAYERS!

we all play lol here?
we all think these champs are being ignored?
we all can relate to each other?

no for the sake of lol, will anyone here supporting teemo help me on my quest by helping out the shen fans!

those of you who dont agree my proposition, and are scrolling down to vote badly, im sorry you cant see things my way, still go ahed and downvote.

the rest of you, heres the plan. first all teemo players and tf players go to the therad Hi, im shen, there is nearly the whole shen comunity, help them out for now, bump, upvote, agree and unite!

next we ask the shen fans to help with the teemo buffs, and we keep pushing this one thread. DO NOT split up and all make new threads, just post a response to this thread, trust me nearly the whole comunity will be here to read and respond to your comment.

then, if were satisfyed with teeno's new kit, we all help out tf, we either find the most the most popular thread, and add to it, or we make a new one with all the support of the comunity behind us!

Thos can happen if we all come together, riot cant posibly expect to ignore over 500 pages of support on shen teemo and tf!

thank you for your time- Lagedop

Filly Blunts

01-27-2012

You can not increase his attack range because his early game harrass will be insane and he will out farm others. If you increase his range then they must decrease his poison(early game) to balance out early game. Does no one understand that some champs shine early, mid, or end? He is a early game harraser theat if buffed will become a huge annoyance lategame. His abilites need to be reworked. If you cannot see why he can't be overly buffed then you don't understand game mechanics.

Yfrappefort

01-27-2012

Quote:
Filly Blunts:
You can not increase his attack range because his early game harrass will be insane and he will out farm others. If you increase his range then they must decrease his poison(early game) to balance out early game. Does no one understand that some champs shine early, mid, or end? He is a early game harraser theat if buffed will become a huge annoyance lategame. His abilites need to be reworked. If you cannot see why he can't be overly buffed then you don't understand game mechanics.

His early game harass will be insane? Against who? Top lane? Bot lane? Currently everyone send Teemo top lane because he is forced to go there and can only farm "safely" against melee, since he can't compete with other range on bot. Try sending another ranged carry on top and they will harass all popular solo top even more then Teemo. So of course if they buff his range, his harass will be better on top, but the main purpose to buff it is that he is NOT always stuck with being a "counter pick" for solo top lane.

And no, his poison must not be nerfed, because even if Teemo does good damage early, it's still a dangerous phase for him, as he is very squishy and lacks good escape, so he is very vulnerable to good jungle ganks. Past mid game, the poison is barelly noticeable.

You are just another who find him annoying and don't want to buff him because of that. Sadly annoying =/ balanced, and no, he won't become OP with just a small set of changes. If you can't see that he does need the buffs then you really don't understand how Teemo works and lack knowledge on game mechanics and balance.

RadiantPyrophore

01-27-2012

Quote:
Yfrappefort:
His early game harass will be insane? Against who? Top lane? Bot lane? Currently everyone send Teemo top lane because he is forced to go there and can only farm "safely" against melee, since he can't compete with other range on bot. Try sending another ranged carry on top and they will harass all popular solo top even more then Teemo. So of course if they buff his range, his harass will be better on top, but the main purpose to buff it is that he is NOT always stuck with being a "counter pick" for solo top lane.

And no, his poison must not be nerfed, because even if Teemo does good damage early, it's still a dangerous phase for him, as he is very squishy and lacks good escape, so he is very vulnerable to good jungle ganks. Past mid game, the poison is barelly noticeable.

You are just another who find him annoying and don't want to buff him because of that. Sadly annoying =/ balanced, and no, he won't become OP with just a small set of changes. If you can't see that he does need the buffs then you really don't understand how Teemo works and lack knowledge on game mechanics and balance.

Against anyone except Cait and Ashe, that's who. He has poison so he can win harass/pokefests. If he had regular range it would be way too much.

I have Teemo, I've played him and done decently too. He doesn't need buffs, what he needs is to be played by using and abusing his kit, which is very unique and abusable. Right now I only see a few Teemos play him like they know what they are doing at all. Most of the Teemos I see try to continue the poison poking in team fights when people are getting ready to initiate. Yeah you're gonna die. Also they place his shrooms poorly and in the wrong portion of the map instead of using them in the area where a team fight is brewing. Teemo has a very unique role among champions. He's for map awareness and ambushing more than any other champion in the game. He can backdoor well, he can secure jungle objectives, he can assassinate people randomly in the jungle if he's smart enough to take teleport. He can shut down an AD carry more completely than exhaust and on a vastly lower CD. He really is kind of an assassin champ, but I never see people make use of his jungle mushrooms to teleport in on a weakened enemy and kill them. I'm the only one I've ever seen use his shrooms to teleport ANYWHERE except for Baron. I see very few Teemos make use of his passive to spy on enemy teams and pick off people who stray from the team.

In short, he might need a very slight buff. What he needs more is competent players who aren't just playing him to annoy their enemies (don't lie, 98% of the Teemos I see are consummate trolls and don't know how to play any other way, so they lose).

RadiantPyrophore

01-27-2012

Quote:
Lukkutröll:
Teemo. one of the most fun champions is falling into a hole to rot. Just sad to see the most anoying champ and one of the most fun one to go down like this.

People play him in order to have fun by annoying other people, in fact they play him all game that way, while in reality they should realize it will only work during the laning phase. This IS Teemo's problem. The people who play him don't take him seriously the cast majority of the time, but they still expect a free win while doing absolutely nothing but trying to annoy the enemy team instead of accomplishing team objectives of their own.

Yellow Jester

01-27-2012

rework traps, 10 minutes is too freaking long.