Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DWxMockingbird

01-26-2012

i love when the shrom help u alot when lee q and hit a shorm or blit try to cath u but shorm in u face or morgana snare i love when he shrom were use to help u team from skill shot why they neff it. there u can call teemo suppport but know i dont know

Sir Viva Lism

01-26-2012

Quote:
Augurii:
Now you're really confusing me, you're agreeing with my opinion, but saying that it's wrong that I disagreed with the OP about Teemo needing a large buff, but at the same time trying to argue semanticts. I'm not here to have a fight about the semantics of the ordeal, just to share my thoughts (being that Teemo's Q is the only part of the character that really needs a buff, and that a bit of poison wouldn't hurt either, but Teemo doesn't need a character overhaul or big change because the character is flavorful, resonant and mostly well built)

It is not semantics. You, I and the OP agree that Blinding dart needs a buff but i am trying to show you that by you saying "It pulls a lot of weight" when it clearly doesn't, it may not get the buff it deserves.

I also was arguing with you about you pointing out that the OP wants "a large buff" This is false. When you argue against a false opinion from anyone you are using propaganda tactics and defaming their true opinion.

Toxic Shot does in fact help him farm greatly early game, on the other hand it falls into the crapper late. This is why i am trying to convince you that you are backwards on it.

Yfrappefort's solutions are not all gold and many others who advocate for Teemo have already stated as such BUT every single problem he listed is valid and accurate. You are entitled to your own opinion that Blind and Toxic are the only things that need a buff. "Only" means you think move quick; noxious trap; camouflage; base stats; stat growth and attack range all don't need anything. I like Yfrappefort agree that not all need a buff but all do have issues. Buff some and the others will be acceptable. We want him improved to a balanced point not any change that would reinvent his play style.

News flash: 1% of people arguing with you on the internet are not trolls or flamers but someone actually trying to discuss and convince you to change your opinion.

ninjaipod

01-26-2012

^ true.

i don't really agree with most of his solutions, but I do agree with every single point the op made about why he need these buffs/changes.

AJStarhiker

01-26-2012

The following are ideas I've had. Any one, IMO, would be fine. All would be OP.

Give the bonus from Move Quick a slight nerf but either buff his base move speed or keep the passive part active in combat.

Increase his range.

Extend the duration of his blind

Better damage scaling on the mushrooms, increase the time slowed, or improve the sight range.

Yfrappefort

01-26-2012

Quote:
ninjaipod:
^ true.

i don't really agree with most of his solutions, but I do agree with every single point the op made about why he need these buffs/changes.

When I made this post, at first I only wanted to point out the problems. Then I tought I should fire some ideas away to maybe help the discussion and have an overall more "complete" post. It's hard to find ideal solutions, and I'm aware I cannot please everyone. Just don't take all of them for granted, they are just ideas after all . BUT! At least it's great to see the time I put to accuratly list his problems have paid off. I know my Teemo!

Jaykoboy

01-26-2012

I do believe that you got so many upvotes because you wrote so much and did so much 'math.' What may look good on paper may suck in reality, or vis versa. Anyways, I can faceroll with him right now just fine...and I've only played him a few times. Now, I'm not saying I win every game, but that doesn't mean he's not good.

HINT: Make Shroom Nests. If a champion steps on them, they die. Done. Always do them in front of Baron, though...it doesn't work in front of turrets. 0.0

Jamaree

01-26-2012

Quote:
Jaykoboy:
I do believe that you got so many upvotes because you wrote so much and did so much 'math.' What may look good on paper may suck in reality, or vis versa. Anyways, I can faceroll with him right now just fine...and I've only played him a few times. Now, I'm not saying I win every game, but that doesn't mean he's not good.

HINT: Make Shroom Nests. If a champion steps on them, they die. Done. Always do them in front of Baron, though...it doesn't work in front of turrets. 0.0

I have done well a few times, but it is such a challenge to do well with him with so little reward compared to if I had played another champion of a similar playstyle. Shrooms are useless unless you build AP, and AP are useless in team fights, and only idiotic people who build glass cannon die from shrooms even when you are AP. The damage doesn't constantly stack by the way, it maxes at four ticks, then slowly saps down unless they hit another shroom, so hitting a shroom nest is about as effect as hitting two. I would also like to hear what lane you were in for how you were doing so well.

KaXaSA

01-26-2012

Quote:
Jaykoboy:

so wait.. let's get this straight

first you say that teemo is fine and that you actually play teemo (what pretty much implies that you know how the champion/ his skills work)

then..

you say that you stack mushrooms... (nests).. ಠ_ಠ

HINT: mushrooms don't stack...you can do a nest of 30 mushrooms... if someone step on them they only take the damage of 1 mushroom.

Yfrappefort

01-26-2012

Quote:
Jaykoboy:

First : Teemo is not just UP on paper. If it was the case, I would not have gotten to 1k upvotes. If it was that simple, you could just write a beautiful post with a bunch of false things and get tons of upvotes easy. I did not make this post long to provoque upvotes, but simply because it was the length required to fully analyse Teemo.

Second : Teemo can't "faceroll" atm unless the enemy team is completely retarded. At the very maximum, you can do "good", but in no way you will have the "ommf" feeling from dominating a game. Even when fed, you will still have a hard time to carry. By playing only "a few games", you think you can already judge a champion so easily? Come back to me after you have done at least 100+ games with him.

Third : Making shroom nest is just stupid. Not only is it not effective, because the damage don't stack, but you are also gimping the only thing still "useful" of Teemo : map awareness. Any shroom you stack or use to farm is a shroom lost for vision. By doing this, you are not helping your team at all and just trolling in hope to get one kill.

TheGrayBuffoon

01-26-2012

And to muddy the waters further we have to now contend with this thread and recommended build from 2010 that has been resurrected on the Strategy Guide forum: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=403183

Teemo is one of my favorite champs but I am sad to see how RIOT just won't deal with him.