@Riot Teemo NEED buffs, and here is why.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm One View Post
A fallacy if I've ever seen one. Any champion that can efficiently use new items, can use it better than Teemo right now. His short AA range, horribly low base speed, lack of competitive skills, squishiness, lack of sustain, lack of dueling power, and ironically, the lack of ability to safely scout, make him outclassed in every area. Items can just be used on champs that make the most out of it.

He is quite literally a master of none. Even his supposed warding ability is easily countered by high level players (oracles and defensive champ clearing), which makes his ult literally useless in every way. He already couldn't use it in a battle, but now he can't use it to ward. So he's just down one more skill, along with move quick, which is just useless really, with all the knock-ups, silence, and stuns, not to mention straight up faster champs, with their own MS boosting skills of their own (along with additional effects).

To say a new item will help him is like saying more money available to all will help the poor. Inflation helps no one, especially the poor.

One interesting note is inflation actually helps people pay off loans (especially longterm loans) since loans are fixed amounts.

On the matter of teemo though let's wait until season 3 hits and then decide if he is up or not.

There are going to be a lot of champions who shoot up on power thanks to the new item and mastery changes and some are going to go down in power.

Let's just wait and see.

Invictrix

11-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
I don't think items are what will make Teemo viable. Sure, it can give him a hand, but his core design is still broken and items cannot and will never fix it.
Well it's not just items it's new masteries and even a new jungle. Teemo may come into season 3 way stronger than he is now depending on how good he can use the changes.

Let's just try him in the new season and see how he does.

IS19adfb83ca3237f8f8fa6

11-14-2012

Quote:
Runaan’s Hurricane

(Ranged Only)
+60% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: Your basic attacks fire minor bolts at 2 nearby targets, each dealing (50% of Total Attack Damage) physical damage. These apply on-hit effects.
Huge Teemo buff

Yfrappefort

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
One interesting note is inflation actually helps people pay off loans (especially longterm loans) since loans are fixed amounts.

On the matter of teemo though let's wait until season 3 hits and then decide if he is up or not.

There are going to be a lot of champions who shoot up on power thanks to the new item and mastery changes and some are going to go down in power.

Let's just wait and see.
As much as I would like to believe this, I have my doubts. At the beginning of season 2, I was sure that the new mastery would help Teemo a lot. In fact, it did not, since everyone got the same "buff". I think the same issue will repeat in season 3.

One thing is sure tough, I am excited about the new items, but still hold my point that items alone are not what will fix Teemo. Still, like you said, I'll try various stuff when those changes come in and will give proper feedback after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegesuke View Post
Huge Teemo buff
This might seems nice on paper, but it offer no defense stats. Don't forget Teemo got only 500 AA range, and while this item will help his aoe, he'll still be in great danger when trying to use the item to full potential in team fights. I think that many champions will make better use of it, but I'll give it a try when it's released.

Yfrappefort

11-14-2012

Regarding the new Hurricane item, found an interesting quote from Xypherous :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
I'm pretty sure Teemo's Poison is just too strong on live at the moment overall, even against single targets.

But let's take a step back and think about Teemo for a second. What would you call a character with lots of AP that deals magic damage to multiple people in a team fight..?

I would call that a Sustained DPS Mage - which I think is kind of a neat way for Teemo to branch out.
While I don't agree with his first line, this could be interesting.

Vsevold

11-14-2012

i took the time to read this, i agree with you on the attack range and movement speed, but the fact that some people can actually play him well despite all the reasons you've given, i'm still unsure

TheWheatOne

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfrappefort View Post
Regarding the new Hurricane item, found an interesting quote from Xypherous :

While I don't agree with his first line, this could be interesting.
Don't give your hopes up. I've been following all the new items since TT's update very closely, and I have to say that they will probably all be nerfed to a standard that Teemo cannot abuse in particular. Like I said, even if he can use an item in a good way, there is always a better user, like Twitch or any other AoE carry. They've even said that they'll probably nerf Blackfire Torches max stacks, since Teemo could use it well in the new TT.

Its obvious by how many people are talking about Teemo, now that everyone thinks he'll be OP. And that can only mean one thing in the long-term. More nerfs to both the items and him. God help us if he becomes Flavor of the Month like Rengar before. They'll stomp him into the ground.

I'm not asking that he should be kept OP (if all these changes actually make him viable), but I just want him to be useful and balanced. He's basically a one trick pony with half-wards as an ultimate and a bit of on-hit power. Nothing else, and he's not even the best at those tricks with everyone at a high level having lanterns, oracles, etc, and stacking on-hits.

TheWheatOne

11-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevold View Post
i took the time to read this, i agree with you on the attack range and movement speed, but the fact that some people can actually play him well despite all the reasons you've given, i'm still unsure
Name a pro that dead-seriously uses him in a tournament, even as a counter-pick. Please. I've asked this to so many posters, yet not one has been able to link me any. Prove me wrong. Hell, I don't even care if he has a negative K/D. I just want to see him actually be used seriously by some top-level player.

Tsabo

11-15-2012

Bump!

SqueekyNinja

11-15-2012

The only thing that scares me about teemo is his shrooms, although it is true to counter his shrooms with oracles/MR not all his mushrooms can be countered that easily ex: shroom in the tiny bush in the middle of the river by dragon. MR is good too but squishies usually focus on their killing ability building little MR if any.