Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Parrrley's scaling needs to change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyeburn

12-21-2011

Parrrley adds an atrocious amount to GP's damage output early in the game. For those who don't know, this ability deals GP's total AD + an amount of bonus physical damage, and it can crit.

The bonus damage on Parrrley:

Rank 1 - 20
Rank 2 - 45
Rank 3 - 70
Rank 4 - 95
Rank 5 - 120

GP's base AD :

Level 1 - 54
Level 3 - 60
Level 5 - 66
Level 7 - 72
Level 9 - 78

The flat bonus damage on Parrrley becomes ridiculous at level 3.

Rank 1/Level 1 - Parrrley's bonus damage is worth 37% of GP's base AD.
Rank 2/Level 3 - Parrrley's bonus damage is worth 75% of GP's base AD.
Rank 3/Level 5 - Parrrley's bonus damage is worth 106% of GP's base AD.
Rank 4/Level 7 - Parrrley's bonus damage is worth 131% of GP's base AD.
Rank 5/Level 9 - Parrrley's bonus damage is worth 153% of GP's base AD.

This means the Parrrley deals GP's total AD + 75%/106%/131%/153% of base AD.

By level 9, GP has a free Trinforce proc with his Q that can crit. Because of the way the bonus damage on Parrrley scales, all GP needs to build is crit and defensive items and he'll dominate a lane with just a few crit procs on Parrrley.

Rank 1/Level 1 - Parrrley's base crit damage is 2(54+20) = 148 damage.
Rank 2/Level 3 - Parrrley's base crit damage is 2(60+45) = 210 damage.
Rank 3/Level 5 - Parrrley's base crit damage is 2(66+70) = 272 damage.
Rank 4/Level 7 - Parrrley's base crit damage is 2(72+90) = 324 damage.
Rank 5/Level 9 - Parrrley's base crit damage is 2(78+120) = 396 damage.

GP can pull off a near 400 damage ranged crit at level 9 with no items built and without the bonus crit damage mastery.

The point: The extra bonus damage on Parrrley is way too much "artificial AD" behind the crit. It's why GP can crit for absurd amounts without building any AD. Parrrley should deal a percent of his total AD as bonus damage. This would greatly reduce his ability to shove someone out of lane because he happened to get a couple of Parrrley crits.

Best Zod NA

12-21-2011

Make his Q do 50% reduced damage to champions. There you go.

Eyeburn

12-21-2011

Quote:
Loquisfdom:
Make his Q do 50% reduced damage to champions. There you go.

No. He's not an actual tanky DPS, making his abilities hit champions softer will make him a terrible pick. His issue is that the damage steroid on Parrrley scales without causing him to actually build AD. As a carry, he gets all his carry power from ranking up his Q. That's just a bad idea. Carries should deal lots of damage, but they shouldn't be able to deal it until they've dropped gold on AD items.

As it is, Parrrley gives GP what is an effective 120 bonus AD to his basic attack and therefore, to his crits. It's insane early in the game.

TealNinje

12-21-2011

...What?

No seriously, you lost me the moment you tried to say Gangplank was overpowered.

He is essentially a ranged champion without the constant ranged attack. More or less a physical damage Kayle. When he's going in to Parrrley you, are you just LETTING him or are you prepping an attack of your own? Do you do the exact same thing when a regular ranged champion is closing in?

Ow My Feels

12-21-2011

This chart is giving me a headache, but i ate some plastic and it was k

-Toy soldier.

Eyeburn

12-21-2011

Quote:
TealNinje:
...What?

No seriously, you lost me the moment you tried to say Gangplank was overpowered.

He is essentially a ranged champion without the constant ranged attack. More or less a physical damage Kayle. When he's going in to Parrrley you, are you just LETTING him or are you prepping an attack of your own? Do you do the exact same thing when a regular ranged champion is closing in?

You really should read the math in my original post. Every lane has exchanges. GP's issue is the Parrrley gives him so much bonus damage that he just can't lose exchanges if he gets one crit; if he gets two crits, he's going to chase you down with Raise Morale and his passive and he's going to kill you.

Best Zod NA

12-21-2011

Quote:
Carries should deal lots of damage, but they shouldn't be able to deal it until they've dropped gold on AD items.

I agree. Make his Q do 50% reduced damage to champions. He can still poke, he can still farm. He just can't push people out of lane with lucky crits.

TealNinje

12-21-2011

Quote:
Eyeburn:
You really should read the math in my original post. Every lane has exchanges. GP's issue is the Parrrley gives him so much bonus damage that he just can't lose exchanges if he gets one crit; if he gets two crits, he's going to chase you down with Raise Morale and his passive and he's going to kill you.

That's a mighty big IF.

Also, it's lowered by armor. Why doesn't your solo top have armor runes/cloth armor 5pots?

After all, he can't use BOTH armor penetration and critical strike runes.

Eyeburn

12-21-2011

Quote:
TealNinje:
That's a mighty big IF.

Also, it's lowered by armor. Why doesn't your solo top have armor runes/cloth armor 5pots?

After all, he can't use BOTH armor penetration and critical strike runes.

I'm listing base damages because factoring in armor and ArP adds so many variable that it'd be completely irrelevant outside of specific scenarios.

Also, GP getting a crit isn't a really bif "IF". Parrrley is a ranged attack. He doesn't need to risk much to shoot someone with Parrrley until he gets that crit. Furthermore, the large bonus damage on Parrrley effectively allows GP to build nothing but crit and tanky items in lane and still do large burst damage in exchanges. The bonus damage on Parrrley needs to scale from his AD; it should not be a flat amount and Tankplank should not be as effective as it is.

Best Zod NA

12-21-2011

And he does all of this with his infinite mana pool and regeneration, of course.