Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In search of a false Tribunal ban...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-21-2011

Alright Summoners,

One common complaint that I'm seeing after we released the most recent round of Tribunal statistics, is that people think the percentage of punishments issued means

1. That people are only spamming punish
2. That people are being punished falsely

Having reviewed many hundreds of cases myself - I can assure you that I've seen nothing to indicate either of these things, but I'm willing to go through an exercise here anyway.

If you've been punished by the Tribunal but don't believe you deserved it - post in this thread and I'll review your case personally and let you know what the outcome would have been had your case been 100% Riot reviewed instead of Tribunal reviewed.

In the interest of saving time - I'm not going to provide a lot of depth in my answer, only a simple punish or pardon.

Also - I did a Q&A session on the LoL subreddit with Zileas yesterday that answered quite a few common questions about the Tribunal and I encourage players to read through it http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/nkdhb/amaa_pendragon_zileas_here_to_answer_your/

Do not post in this thread if you haven't been punished by the Tribunal.

Pëtêr Pûmpkîñ

12-21-2011

i got banned for no reason

EDIT: NOT THIS ACCOUNT

Account is Wooden_Spoon

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish

Everyones

12-21-2011

i have been banned twice and the first time i probably deserved it and reviewed the code afterword to make sure i didnt offend again. then i was banned again and didnt know why, and when i emailed support they said they couldnt tell me. I probably did do something banworthy and now is my chance to find out what it was so i avoid doing it in the future.

please tell me why i was banned the second time

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish - Also, saying "I don't care, I won't get banned" is rarely a good idea

edit: i say that because i dont believe the thing they are reporting me for is bannable. (playing ad sona, getting ganked, playing ap yii) it should be easy to at least say which part of the summoners code i broke. im trying to improve my behavior and not be banned again, why not tell me what i did wrong?

editedit: wow i had just assumed i was banned for some legit reason that i was unaware of and didnt make a fuss about it, but now im like wtf did i get wrongly banned? from the pendragon edit my tribunal was from one of the times i said "i dont care, i wont get banned" which i only say when the thing they are reporting me for is something i am fairly sure is not a bannable offense. So just from this we can assume that i will probably unknowingly offend in the same way because i currently view whatever it is as not bannable.
So DEAR RIOT, PLZ tell me what i am doing wrong and alleviate any suspicion i may have about tribunal while also allowing me to change my behavior and not offend again. if you dont, then i will undoubtedly offend again because i dont view whatever it is as bannable and be banned WHICH BOTH I AND U DONT WANT.

Yeasters

12-21-2011

"I was banned for no reason"

the 2nd time.. first time ok.. but 2nd time no.

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish

Cridentials

12-21-2011

mee.
Please review. :3
I just bought RP before I got banned /cry

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish // Really? You say racist things and are surprised that you were punished?

@^: I say '**gga' as a joke when I talk to my friends, I don't mean it in a racist form at all. :l

Low Key Lyesmith

12-21-2011

I'm expecting punish, but what the hell, go for it.

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish // Drawing pictures with wards....

edit : OH COME ON, I WAS JUST HAVING FUN

Quote:
Maligance:
I'm curious what the picture was....

Smiley faces. Lots of them.

Dragonwarrior444

12-21-2011

This account please.

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish // More racism

Tribunal Justice

12-21-2011

Hi Pendragon! I hope your crossfit times are getting better.

I doubt you'll be answering me because my account is actually banned from forums but here goes anyway.

TheBusinessMan is my summoner name. I probably deserve it but you offer so I accept.

I got skipped wut da fug! fixed!

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish // The intentional feeding

But I've never intentionally fed... like ever... wut? I seriously expected language from raging... what is this I don't even....

Azuredragon653

12-21-2011

Quote:
Boss Kobra:
What's the point of this thread?

If you know how your system works then there's no need to ask the community for proof that you can easily call fake. This seems to be another attempt at gaining popularity like the sudden ban of Saint Vicious after lots of QQ from people who were watching that awful game. Yes, he deserved the ban for being an idiot, but Riot's motivation seemed far from just wanting to clean the community.

Besides, the active population of these forums aren't even 20% of the entire playerbase.

The purpose is to attempt to convince the community that they're idiots.

Yes, they can choose not to believe it, but then there's no reason to believe that 94% of people in the Tribunal get banned. Hell, there'd be no reason to believe that the Tribunal isn't an entirely faked system.

kooshiatiopi

12-21-2011

I would like too know as well.

Pendragon Edit: Had I reviewed this case instead of the Tribunal, the outcome would have been: Punish // more racism

Edit: Racism? Hmm I wouldn't think I'm racist at all just probably offensive language to those that troll or feed during my games haha.