Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Ahri really over powered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stimulate

12-21-2011

I've been playing for about 2 months and I've been using Ahri since the day she came out. Every game people say that I'm only getting kills because shes over powered. In my opinion shes not since her Q only has true damage one way and its pretty slow moving so when someones running they usually outrun it or they can step to the side and doge it easily, her seduction has good range but it does little damage and can be intercepted by minions and in team fights I get destroyed instantly unless I stay outside and shot in then run and repeat. So is she really over powered or do people just like to complain?

Well after all those post it seems shes not really op people just like to cry about getting killed. I think shes my favorite now since I'm not that good and I usually support and she can take down health or chase a running target that's weak. Woot Ahri!

AngusSama

12-21-2011

No, she isn't.

painboots

12-21-2011

Nah shes not. The bads who say she is are the ones who can't play her or figure out how to counter her. She IS strong in the hands of a good player, but strong is NOT THE SAME as overpowered

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

12-21-2011

The people saying she's OP are all freaking out about True Damage.

They've got no clue. She's UP, if not simply balanced.

TheCeeJay

12-21-2011

She has the potential to deal a lot of damage, but that's only if she hits a single person with every single ability she has (including all three fox fires and ult hits), which is HIGHLY unlikely. Even then, she wouldn't be overpowered by any means.

Right now people are still crying about her being new and them not knowing how to deal with her even though she's been out for over a week. Her mobility makes people mad, much like Playful/Trickster on Fizz. They don't like that it's hard to hit her or whatever on the occasion she has her ult.

They'll stop telling you that you're only getting kills because she's OP soon enough, because she is far from OP. Like Exdeadman said, she's almost UP.

JustMyBassCannon

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Quote:
TheCeeJay:
Her mobility makes people mad, much like Playful/Trickster on Fizz. They don't like that it's hard to hit her or whatever on the occasion she has her ult.

Her mobility even makes her players mad. She's mostly slow when she doesn't have her ultimate, and even with it she doesn't really travel far. She has a burst of mobility and then back to 305 move speed.

Muncheeeee

12-21-2011

She's not up or op. She's pretty balanced. If you have a good build you can do really well, but you can say that for any champion.

Best Zod NA

12-21-2011

She's practically impossible to gank without hard CC.

SethCypher

12-21-2011

Quote:
TheCeeJay:
Right now people are still crying about her being new and them not knowing how to deal with her even though she's been out for over a week. Her mobility makes people mad, much like Playful/Trickster on Fizz. They don't like that it's hard to hit her or whatever on the occasion she has her ult.

What...mobility?

Nishaven90

12-21-2011

Ahri is NOT overpowered. Heck, even a fed Ahri isn't even powerful.