The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xOhHeyItsKen

01-16-2012

hi

DETHAMPHETAMINE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2012

There should be achievements and or titles via milestone placement for how many votes a player has done. like refer a friend. Would be cool to have forum titles for it.

drogen90

01-17-2012

just be a nice and a wonderful player in the league and don't report players because league of legends says not to.
and remember not to say bad words please

think you

drogen90

01-17-2012

if you are a noob please play coop vs aI or costom vs bots dont play pvp if you are a noob
and if you want to play pvp please dont feed or you get punished

drogen90

01-17-2012

league of legends is not about getting ip its only to have fun with your

friends or unknown friends

XalteraxZMG

01-18-2012

After carefully reviewing the tribunal system my only beef with it is that you can be reported (or it appears you can be reported) for simply being bad at the game. If this sort of thing can literally lead up to a permanent account ban, then the whole system needs to be rethought. Prior to the tribunal I had a few matches where I thought I was being clever (vs bots mind) and adding a few spaces to circumvent the chat filtering.

Since getting an idea of how the tribunal works I've been filtering what I say substantially. I've noticed a lot of players though, don't talk. I've played a few non-ranked team games with some level 30 friends, and up in that level bracket when the game ends typically nothing is said. The concept I can be reported for what someone might consider to be offensive language is a bit troubling. I am modifying my chat behavior in games as a result already.

I couldn't help but notice though that the impact at higher level is little to no chat. Most games where we'd win, the enemy team said nothing and left silently. Possibly for fear of being reported for attitude, being a bad player, or offensive language. The biggest issue here though seems to be simply that I can report you for something simple, due to the extremely open ended-ness of the reporting system that might someday lead up to your account getting banned. In most other games I've never been in a position where I felt like this sort of thing could ever apply to me. I'm a nice guy, I don't harass anyone and my swearing, if it happens is me more or less complaining at myself.

I feel like, I can't do that here or someone might report me for language. I feel like I need to play excessively nice, never cursing and in addition perform well each and every game. I am not permitted to have any "bad games" as if I perform poorly, another player could construe that as "feeding" or, with the way the report structure is allowing things, even just as simple as, "is a bad player" in a game where I was simply trying a new build order, and just ended up having a bad one off for that day.

I like the idea behind the tribunal, but feel the restrictions should be raised and tempered. If I've sworn over X times in a game, profanity would be an option. If I've died over 20 times, intentional feeding would be an option. If I go an extended period with no kills, creep kills, assists, taking damage, etc - AFK would be an option. I don't think being able to report a player for not performing up to your standards should be an option though. To me that just seems wrong. Players that have this sort of attitude should only play in ranked matched and the ELO pairing will keep any such players out of their hair automatically.

If you can make the identification system intelligent enough to pick up on the above pre-cursors, you can also use the same logic to ignore "trolling" reports from said players. If you qualify to be reported in a game, the system will ignore your reports for that game, simply discarding them - since you yourself are eligible to be reported.

Just some thoughts. I personally believe that complaining something is broken is worthless information. Providing positive feedback on what could be done to make it more refined and clear up what is obviously wrong with it, however can be quite helpful. Just my thoughts. A Higher IP reward than 15 should also be warranted. Its too easy to bounce through and just click punish the entire time, knowing you'll get a few right. Encourage players to actually think about the case with a bigger reward that warrants spending more time.

drogen90

01-18-2012

hi

Radbug

01-21-2012

"Being bad at the game is not a punishable offense"

"reported for: 'Unskilled Player' / 'Intentional Feeding'"

you are full of **** if you think you can judge this case without seeing the game replay. PERIOD.
-------
"94% of people reported are punished" ................ "we believe the tribunal community is too lenient"

QWTFY ?

--------
5 ip per correct vote. "should return an amount of IP roughly equivalent to an hour of gameplay" ...

1 dominion loss = 15 minutes = roughly 150 ip per hour of gameplay.

15 cases per day * 5 ip per case = 75 ip IF YOU VOTED 100% ACCURACY !

15 cases * 4 minutes to review a case justifiably = 1 hour to get HALF as much IP as LOSING EVERY SINGLE GAME FOR AN HOUR, provided you also vote with 100% accuracy.

TROLOLOLOLOL LOLOLOL LOLOLOL

Radbug

01-21-2012

Clarification to last point:

I want to play the game > The game is irritating due to crappy trolls in every game > I go to tribunal to get some justice > I see no justice > I get **** reward > I see the same amount of trolls as I did day 1 and tribunal has been out for months now..... > I click Mute button on every player in the game > i get more ip and i have more fun and eventually everyone in the game will be ignored so my queue's will be 2 hours long and RIOT has emerged victorious after draining my wallet and providing sub-par EVERYTHING.

IMHO: capitalism is working well as usual!

Evil Can Opener

01-23-2012

The tribunal..is a bad thing to EVERYONE. The only way you WONT get reported is by playing with your own friends. Everytime you play with random people,dont matter if your having a bad game or a good game u make ONE LOUSY mistake and all the ''NOOBS RETARDED IDIOT'' coments come at you hard. This is the only reason I dont buy nothing ''skins or champions'' WITH REAL MONEY because dont matter how high elo you are,crybabys report for idiot things.I started a new acc. and in my 15 games I lost 11 STRAIGHT GAMES because of LEAVERS, people stealing the junglers and mid lanes. is hard playing 5v5 with random people. I dont think the tribunal is working and I have been playing since the game came out. I DO BELIVE that they should make it so that if is ur FIRST TIME WITH X CHAMP. you need to play at least 2 GAMES with botts. That way we can minimized the chanses of getting less idiots FEEDING OR TROLLING then saying '' SORRY IS MY FIRST TIME WITH X CHAMP''. making this a lie so we can better assumed this person is trolling everyone else games. If theres more than 33 million of players and only 1.4% are ban that clearly the tribunal is not working...at least not the way it should be this is MY OPINION by the facts that for every 30 games I get: 10 leavers' 5 afk, 5 trollers and 10 ''FIRST TIME WITH..' the tribunal should be MORRREE agrassive in the matter of reporting and banning players.