Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaifusNeverCry

12-31-2011

So lame dont even know why i got banned what like a good 4 days after a bad match?

GrandBreaker

01-01-2012

This graph is compltely incorrect.

The little gray shaco's represent pardoned players who DID NOT re-offend correct? Red shaco's are players who DID re-offend? OK then lets see. Says 94% of all the players who are reported are punished by their peers. So on that graph, which is in lines of 20x5 shaco's. So every single shaco counts as 1%. So that entire graph should be red except for 6 of the shacos. I count 53 gray shacos. So 53% is pardoned and 47% are punished?

It also says that there are 11 reports for the average 1 time offender, while the average repeat offender gets 70. If the average game lasts 45minutes, then you must play 3150 hours straight to accrue 70 reports, or 52 and a half hours. So basically every repeat offender plays 10+ hours a day? at least 6 days a week? Given that they offend in EVERY SINGLE one of their games? This is also taking into account that Riot says every single game counts as ONE report, not every time a player reports you = a report.

Finally, players reported on the winning team is 24% compared to 76% on the losing team. 71% are reported by their own team, 29% by the enemy team. So 76% of players who lose matches rage report people who they blame for the loss. 24% report people who do better than them. We have no idea how many actually report trolls. We know 71% are reported by their own team, so people report players they don't like a lot. We also know that 29% of the player base either

A) Reports someone when the enemy team asks them to
B) reports players on the enemy team when the enemy team beats them, because obviously that means they are hacking or cheating in some way.

There were 16,000,000 total votes at 15 IP per correct vote. 80,000,000 total IP was rewarded for correct votes. How many were correct? Well 16,000,000 x 15 = 240,000,000. So 240,000,000-80,000,000 = 160,000,000. 160,000,000 divided by 15 = 10,666,666.66666667 So if we round that to 10,666,667 then it means that out of the total 16,000,000 votes, only 5,333,333 were actually correct. So to summarize the numbers for those who may have trouble keep track:

Riot says there were 16,000,000 votes and players received 80,000,000 IP for correct votes. (15 IP per correct vote). Total number of CORRECT votes is 5,333,333 out of the total 16,000,000 votes. The rest were incorrect and received no IP, totalling 160,000,000 IP that was NOT handed out for incorrect votes.

If every single vote was correct then 240,000,000 IP would have been handed out. Subtract 80 hundred K from the max and then divide that number by 15 (The amount of IP per vote) and you get the number of extra votes that was incorrect. By subtracting THAT from the total number of votes, we have the total number of CORRECT votes that received IP. The numbers are decimals, so you end up having to round it out. We are not told whether the incorrect votes were punishes or pardons.

Again, this is NOT enough information to go off of. This is a very horribly drawn graph, it leaves out very key information. For example, if the vast majority of WRONG votes are pardons, it means that players who vote pardon are more likely to vote incorrectly. It is impossible to tell whether or not the Tribunal is working correctly, it simply proves players are successfully reporting and suspending/banning each other from the game. Please update this graph correctly and give us REAL information.

Elfazer

01-03-2012

Why not Have IP : ((

Elfazer

01-03-2012

Why not Have IP (Ban User)

lDmanl

01-04-2012

the "tribunal" is the worst thing to ever happen to a game. ppl get reported for dumb reasons and the cases are never reviewed to the extent that they need to be; if they were reviewed to a degree that is logical maybe this system would have some validity, otherwise voting should be taken out of the game. most ppl get voted out because the other teammates want to do something completely different than what another player wants to do and they gang up on them then vote them off as if the 1 person that knows what they're doing is doing something wrong. the point of the game is to have fun and it's not fun when ppl report because they lost the game and want to blame whoever they think lost them the game when in fact the reason they lost is because the person who is reporting just had a beef with someone else. EVERYONE can agree this happens far too often...that's just my take on it and i was astounded to find anyone liked the vote system that is in place now. like i said before each case needs to be reviewed by a person, not a computer before bans take place. many ppl put real money into the game and banning ppl that are supporting the game's expansion across the world is not a good reward.

Ådhesif

01-05-2012

First off, I would like to start by saying i am one of those "Offender's". Having had some sort of consequence or punishment been given to me by the tribunal i can honestly say the thing is complete garbage the way it is set up at the current moment. That said i will go into my argument:

Going Idle or AFK'ing - That's a report-able offense. Ok i have no problems with that but what about when you get repeatedly put into games where everyone just wants to run around and ignore the things they need to in the game to be successful and then you are left to take a loss because your team decided to lose their intelligence for the period of about 45-60 mins. We are willing to suspend or even ban these players that go "afk" or "idle" even after they have tried to surrender but failed because the noob team decide's that they can still win the game when they are at a 6 tower disadvantage and the other team is up on them by lets say 10 kills.

Riot you need to do something about this issue too many games in your normal games and even in low elo ranked games are having this happening more and more. People cant win or climb out of elo ladders because other players are just bad and they drag the unfortunate players down with them. I have played in games where i was 17/2 or 10/4 or even 7/7 and the next closest team member score is 4/12. We have all had games like that and when that happens it is not fun anymore and you don't want to play, but when you try to concede or surrender alas the team decides that that is not going to happen and you are forced to stay in a game that is a complete waste of time and you end up either quitting the game all together or worse getting banned or becoming a "Repeat Offender".

The current tribunal system is a good idea for reports of harassment or maybe things of that nature but it is not an accurate deciding factor in matters of game play ESPECIALLY when the people voting are not the people who were IN THE GAME IN THE FIRST PLACE. So please do something about the way your ranking systems and the quality of players you have in your games because its causing the game to be no longer fun and honestly has players like myself looking elsewhere to spend our money and or time.

CJ Raid Boss

Recruiter

01-05-2012

Personally the Tribunal needs to do several things:

1) Allow people to watch replay of games where the cases are reported
2) Award more IP per case
3) Limit the number of cases per day to something like 5.
3) The more correct votes a community member manages, the more IP and cases they can receive and finish. The IP reward goes up to a Maximum but the number of cases they are allowed to review can continual go up so long as they maintain a consistent record.

Hopefully something along these lines is in the works.

86NithalaK

01-05-2012

stupid **** i want to get on the tribunal to ban people like they do to me
.............................idc for make friend as far as i care all can die i dont give a **** for any of u

Lucifer147

01-07-2012

Hadukennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Denerka

01-08-2012

Yeah, the Tribunal is working. /sarcasm.

People who rage at trolls get banned, the trolls continue to troll the next game.