The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CharonPyrrhus

12-22-2011

Please add pre-game and post game lobbies to the tribunal chatlogs. Also I have trouble with the captcha using Google Chrome; I frequently have to refresh the page for it to accept the correct answer.

Disconnects and reconnects should not be removed from the chatlog, or perhaps this could become a statistic at the top of the page: "summonerX disconnected at 00:00 reconnected at 5:30 disconnected at 17:45". Leaving it in-line would make rage-quits more apparent.

The reporting system favors leniency and therefore it only forwards your case to Tribunal if the AI has already determined that you are probably guilty. This explains the heavy ban hammer for cases that actually make it to Tribunal.

Sure the 5 IP stipend is a mere pittance, but I find myself running tribunal after I encounter several baddies in a row. I could QQ on the boards, but instead I cast my vote in Tribunal (fairly, of course; but see "The reporting system" above.)

CharonPyrrhus likes this [+1]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperyeti View Post
Only 1.4% of playerbase reported to tribunal? Have you been in solo queue yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killajoule View Post
RIOT, use infographics to answer the questions that Summoners really want to know about:

Are judges actually taking time to review the cases? or are they just auto voting?
-more statistics on the average amount of time that a summoner spends reviewing cases each day (minimum of 15 minutes as you must look at each case for at least one minute)...this would show people who are crying about the tribunal system that people actually do read the cases that are on hand
I would be interested to know if Riot pays attention to voting history. How many Summoners vote to punish 94% of the time versus those who vote to punish 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Ozora View Post
I would like a lower time limit on decision-making. Some people are just obvious offenders that can be verified under ten seconds. I just feel it wastes time when I could be moving on to the next person. Some people do take more time to decide on and a lot of reading to do in order to decide and so sometimes I take more than the minimum time. But there are many, many offenders that I could hit the punish button on much earlier if that minimum time weren't so high. I agree that it has to be at least 5 or 10 seconds to avoid someone accidentally clicking when the new screen loads.. but other than that, it should be as efficient as possible.
Interesting idea, but you are forgetting about the trolls... If we raise the IP reward orreduce the minimum voting time, it may be tempting to spam Punish just for the 94% chance of being rewarded. However, if Riot were to adjust the timer based on a summoner's prediction rate, this could work. i.e. If you vote correctly 99% of the time, your timer will begin to shrink. If you vote correctly only 94% of the time, your timer will be extended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fectsen View Post
6% of cases pardoned? Wow, way to auto hit that "Punish" button guys.

Since the Tribunal started I have reviewed ~100 cases and almost all of them were superfluous.
In which Tribunal are you reviewing cases??? Maybe you should review the Summoners Code, and apply it to the cases you review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAssCid View Post
also note this community tend to get worse the higher the level you are i didnt start seeing the REAL aholes till i hit about lvl 19-20 so maybe the judging shouldnt be limited to just the level 30's
Any Summoner can be judged. Only summoners in good standing at level 30 can vote in the Tribunal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiZig View Post
I've had some friends who got banned, problem is they don't know exactly what they got banned for. I think that's a major Tribunal downfall. So, you got banned once, you are a bit more careful once you can play again, BUT since you don't know what exactly has caused the ban you eventually go on doing to what you're used to. They get banned again, once more no idea what for. and so on...

P4ND4B1GD0NG

12-22-2011

at least the trolling will slow down a little........ or will it O.o

Yorobi

12-22-2011

ingame footage needs placed in videos more so than pre/post game... the fact that i know for a fact that people post troll reports every game yet only 6 of a 100 people are pardoned? Maybe no one else has ever taken a statistics course. But in the real world these statistics would usually terrify a supreme court. 63% of all convicted criminals are proven innocent. Of that 63%, of those convicted of rape/mulestation, or murder 70% were proven innocent by DNA of that 70% proven innocent 82% were claimed guilty by a jury. In other words, peer judgement is flawed and in modern day (atleast in the government) overlooked because of how flawed a system of allowing under educated, god complex induced, disgruntled people judge others.

MorgMyAngel

12-22-2011

I agree with keitterman. The tribunal is a joke. Especially the statistics that the reported person is on the losing team. Well no kidding. This serves are a forum for purposeful game losing trolls to report together(up to 4 reports for a single person). If the average punish reason is "harassment" i suggest the majority of thin skinned players stop trying to cry and police up the game, and use the mute or adult filter IMPLEMENTED IN THE GAME. Most people complain and lose their temper due to horrible players that go out of their way to feed, run into turrets, idle on platform, etc. If you have an issue with the aftermath, fix the cause, and I promise the game in general will be better. The game community is far worse now than it was a year ago, as more and more adhd social reject kids are allowed by their parents to infest what was once a great game. The tribunal is inaccurate, as previously mentioned many people see a swear word and instantly hit punish. You wanna be accurate? Show full game recordings, and dont let children pass judgement.

WastedBoss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

i hate this. people are abusing it by pressing punish repeatedly for no reason. people are getting banned for things they didn't do.

GunbladeMaster

12-22-2011

Garbage system is garbage. **** Riot, gg.

CheezeWhíz

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgMyAngel View Post
I agree with keitterman. The tribunal is a joke. Especially the statistics that the reported person is on the losing team. Well no kidding. This serves are a forum for purposeful game losing trolls to report together(up to 4 reports for a single person). If the average punish reason is "harassment" i suggest the majority of thin skinned players stop trying to cry and police up the game, and use the mute or adult filter IMPLEMENTED IN THE GAME. Most people complain and lose their temper due to horrible players that go out of their way to feed, run into turrets, idle on platform, etc. If you have an issue with the aftermath, fix the cause, and I promise the game in general will be better. The game community is far worse now than it was a year ago, as more and more adhd social reject kids are allowed by their parents to infest what was once a great game. The tribunal is inaccurate, as previously mentioned many people see a swear word and instantly hit punish. You wanna be accurate? Show full game recordings, and dont let children pass judgement.
nuff said right der.

CheezeWhíz

12-22-2011

to bad no one at riot will take the time to read past the first few post on page number 1 lol lazy riot is lazy
this **** show of a 'community' discipline system speaks to that

Trajainus

12-22-2011

A system that punishes you without the chance to defend yourself or even know the reason you are being punished - brilliant.

Edit: Forget trials people, we'll just have hidden peers convict you of a crime and not tell you what it is. You are going to jail for life - don't argue about it, the tribunal has found you guilty of something or other but we can't tell you what because of privacy reasons. The crime you comitted must be hidden at all costs.

R3QU13M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reknom View Post
lol more facts. i expected " our system is ****".

Edit: lol at downvotes. i guess the people who see the problem with tribunal dont feel like posting.
I agree the tribunal is broken they don't tell players who "offend" what they did and the the cases provide the bare minimum information one would need in order to make a mediocre decision i.e anyone who has a bad K/D ration on the tribunal MUST be intentionally feeding (note the sarcasm here)

personally Ive been reported by people (and i know this because they told me) when Ive had 20+ kills and less than 10 deaths for using a "troll" build (a.k.a not your standard, noob, mobafire build that EVERYONE else uses)