The Tribunal Records 16 Million Votes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhe Toralf

12-22-2011

Ok, i've got to write something now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty Claws View Post
You start to wonder why 76% of all players reported where on the losing team... Two options:

1) The player sucked and his team raged at him then reported him latter

2) He raged because "his team sucked"
2 is never a valid excuse for me, EVER!
You may tell your teammated that they are bad players or did something stupid, but NO MATTER HOW BAD they are, you never insult them. Thats why I never report someone for just being bad, everyone starts somewhere and some learn slower than other. There is no need to be rude about it though. Instead, you should give the player some tips to help him get better and avoid pulling his team down next time.
Actually, i once reported another player for flaming at ouf feeder (he was not intentional for all i could tell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshioPeePee View Post
we all know that more than 1.4% of players are bad at this game.
It's not about punishing being bad at this game, but being a bad person.

And while i agree, that the statistics may be a little nonconclusive at times, I still think the Tribunal works.

The interesting point for me is, that a lot of people here seem to complain about tha fact that 1.4% of the players are reportet, they think its too low.

On the other hand, they also complain that "punish for IP" is working and that most people dont punish because they think it's right, but because that's what the majority does.

I think its because of the 1.4 percent being the worst reported offenders. As we all know, you might get reported for minor stuff, but you gotta decide who really did something and who didn't. So if Riot only lets cases to the Tribunal where people did some major offenses and repeated them, it's no suprise that most of them get punished. It doesn't mean it's connected to the IP.
So my theory is: High punishment rate because only the worst get to the tribunal.

Finally, a lot of people are complaining about the fact that you only get 5 IP if you vote with the majority, they say its not enough. This is connected to the problem described above. When you give people more IP, they might really get motivated to punish for IP instead of their consciousness. The way it is now, you get "payed" for public service, that is, keeping the game fun. But if you give too much IP, it will get out of hand.

Also, if summoners only punish for IP, why do you still insist that the 5 IP are too low?

Teddy Bear Chris

12-22-2011

How come I don't get the IP ;3

Crusalis

12-22-2011

TL;DR: We banned a lot of level 1-5 summoners

Junkz

12-22-2011

so what your saying this tribunal **** is dumb and waste of all our times and people abuse it okay goy iy

Hajijistan

12-22-2011

Where do I vote???

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

Wait so...
Over 80 million IP given out
Over 16 million votes taken
80 million / 16 million = 5 IP / vote taken

Which means that on average every vote has been correct. Does this mean everyone really *is* just hitting punish on cruise control? Because I don't always punish, and I definitely don't get 100% of my votes "correct".

This worries me. =/

Dog Meat Taco

12-22-2011

Tribunal working as planned.

1. Get people banned
2. They create new accounts
3. We raise the numbers of "users"
4. Success

HotShotHUEHUE

12-22-2011

Lol I just read this, been busy playing SWTOR (btw you can curse in that game and not get banned) You are openly flaunting that 94% of people reported are banned? That doesn't seem off to you? rofl. Basically if you get to the tribunal via troll reports you have a 6 / 100 chance to get pardoned, most likely you said a profanity to an 0 - 19 player and you will have a nice vacation for it. That is why I'm done here =)

rafaelxT

12-22-2011

reported several times the player is not guilty, I believe many of you have been reported at least once for losing patience with players who insist on wanting to play alone or often do not listen to advice, and end up making bad games, just by their ignorance in thinking that do not need advice, think they know everything, and you end up losing patience and offending, remember, most cases do not offend people without a reason

I've been banned twice, but find that I like to be banned? [Not] think players like to offend? if they at least tried to play with strategy and not just leave qwer shaking and hear what you want at least try to do, often there would be no problem in matches, and she would normally occur without problems

Remember if a face has two sides

looney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2011

I have started using Tribunal the time it has come out, it was all good. Not many bugs, still some few tweaks that may have been added.

Now .. it is bugged all the time.

Most of the time there is no chat log ..WTF? How should I Punish/Pardon for verbal abuse.

Then there is a chat that says only "null" whatever this is .. not real chat of course.

Then there is лолололо this hieroglyphs thingy. If it is cyrillic, display it as cyrillic, I can read it .. but this .. this is no language/alphabet.

At least the date of the game is from 1970-01-01, so we know that the cases are fake and we are wasting our time

GG, fix the tribunal please ...