@Riot- Matchmaking, yes its been said before.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LesserNemesis

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuznets View Post
I'm wondering why I don't see such topics:

"Why does riot have matchmaking set up so that when you start doing really bad they put higher and higher elo people on your team?"

"just asking when i go on a 10 game loose streak why do i have to have a 16 game win streak?"

You see only what you want to see.
During my win streaks I've checked all the enemies’ stats and they were fine. (similar win% to mine and comparable number of games). So if I lost it was not because of any MM punishments. Did you do this before posting?

MM is far from perfect, that's true but its only job is to match people of the same skill level (elo I guess). It's not punishing anyone for getting win streaks (based on my observation and some tests).
And like you and other players I had winning and losing streaks.

P.S. You'd better talk to Nekrogen who has more than 200 wins over looses. He'll tell you about winning streaks)

I dont think you have checked every single game ever and every player ever in your games and im not about to claim something as ridiculous as that. I will say that when people in game say that they just started dom. (2 wins ish) and only after a good winstreak then theres something wrong.

the way matchmaking works right now is it tries to make = elo matches. so if team A has

1:1200
2:1200
3:1200
4:1200
5:1200

the other team could have something CLOSE to

1:1200
2:1600
3:1200
4:1200
5:800

the 2nd team is gonna lose 75% of the time. because its a team game

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Just want to point out some MM problems:

When you face a team of all level 1's as a team of level 30's, you know Mm is doing badly

LesserNemesis

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealWolf M View Post
Just want to point out some MM problems:

When you face a team of all level 1's as a team of level 30's, you know Mm is doing badly

Nope, according to 'Kuznets' its working just right and those lvl 30's who stomped the game and won easily are on the same elo lvl as the lvl 1's. Isn't that correct Kuznets?

Taenaryn

12-21-2011

I try new champs all the time. Usually I suck for a game, maybe two. When I see someone who's new, I will point things out if I know anything at all about their champion.

Why do I play new champs the first time on Dom instead of (at least) vs Bots on SR? Because Dom is a completely different game with a completely different playstyle. Players play differently, they often react differently, and champions are built differently and level differently than in SR. Something that works in SR might not work at all in Dom, or differently. The only thing playing bots will teach you is how your skills synergize, and I learn that in the first five minutes.

In SR, I wrecked face with Noc and didn't even make a positive K/D/A ratio with Talon. On Dom it's the other way around; Talon is by far easier than Nocturne, at least for my playstyle. Practicing on SR with either champion first did absolutely nothing for showing me how they would work on Dom.

In Dom, I still know how to juke, I still know how to skillshot, I still know how to target, and all the other skills that are player skills and not champion skills are still in my head. You still might think I'm a crappy player (I doubt I'm any better than 'average'), but that's something different entirely.

I suspect even someone like Nekrogen might not do as well with a completely new champion (though I'm equally sure that he'd *STILL* be much better than me! ;P )

Kuznets

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserNemesis View Post
Nope, according to 'Kuznets' its working just right and those lvl 30's who stomped the game and won easily are on the same elo lvl as the lvl 1's. Isn't that correct Kuznets?
I wasn't saying MM is working perfectly. Read my post. I just said it's not punishing you intentionally for winning streaks.
I don't care if you believe me or not but you can perform some checks yourself. It was interesting to me so I did. Cause just like you I had a feeling couple of times that it's punishing me.
Hint: http://www.leagueofstats.com

And don't forget that if you got a winning streak your overall Elo increased a little bit so you'll face stronger opponets every next game(who are generally speaking stronger than your level). This effect doesn't have big impact but anyway it takes place. And soon or late it'll return you to your actuall elo.

LesserNemesis

12-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuznets View Post
I wasn't saying MM is working perfectly. Read my post. I just said it's not punishing you intentionally for winning streaks.
I don't care if you believe me or not but you can perform some checks yourself. It was interesting to me so I did. Cause just like you I had a feeling couple of times that it's punishing me.
Hint: http://www.leagueofstats.com

And don't forget that if you got a winning streak your overall Elo increased a little bit so you'll face stronger opponets every next game(who are generally speaking stronger than your level). This effect doesn't have big impact but anyway it takes place. And soon or late it'll return you to your actuall elo.
Something that i dont think you are understanding is, how hard would it be for matchmaking with all the people that are online at a single point.. at ANY single point to just put ppl together that are SO CLOSE in elo that it doesnt mater? i will put my 08 lancer up as a bet that if riot wanted to they could change their matchmaking to make it so it CANT put ppl of extreme difference together on the same team. and that the teams themselves cant be that different. What I and I think most everyone here wants is to have close challenging games. so why for the love of everything that is would it be a good idea to put ppl on a string of games that it is almost impossible to lose? and for the other team to win? why do that. ive had some games where i could just sit in base if i wanted to and let just 3 ppl of my team go out and own the whole other team.. literally 3v5! that just doesnt make any sort of sense. i know there are some out there that like their win streaks where they just crush the other team and the other team has NO chance and as long as there are those people this wont be fixed so yey i guess........

That http://www.leagueofstats.com is a good hint. let me ask you, how did you find EVERYONE you faced to look up their i guess wins and losses (not hid in elo) when you can only see maybe 2 ppl on both teams stats? or do you mean you would look them up ... all 9 ppl after everygame? so very fishy to me sir.