Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Urgot bot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascleph

12-21-2011

So I've been trying bot Urgot recently and he is very strong at it, the problem is that when you are doing too good, the other team(If they are not derps anyways) will send up to 3 champs to stop you and even while hugging the tower they'll eventually cap it.
Thats probably more of a problem with top being terrible(Not reinforcing, not taking advantage of the situation)
Any tips/builds on how to play him and possibly carry a bad team?

InglouriousCobb

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Urgot is easily one of the best bottoms in the game. It's usually pretty easy to keep two of the enemy team down there defending, which hopefully means your team is pushing top. Many teams though still can't do anything up top and unfortunately there is not much you can do about that. If they send more people down to your lane than you can handle just try to get someone from your team to reinforce you, which is also hard with bad teams. I will usually build slightly tankier if the enemy keeps sending reinforcements, which lets you hang on a little longer till someone from your team can help.
Edit: I usually start off with a Tear of the Goddess(spamming Q and E to build it up) and Boots of Speed. Then when I go back I grab either Ionian Boots or Mercury's Treads depending on who I am facing. Then upgrad to the Manamune. If my health falls quickly I will get either a Negatron Cloak or Glacial Shroud(again depending on what build my enemy is going). Eventually upgrading one of those to Force of Nature or Frozen Heart. If I am not taking that much damage I will grab a Brutalizer then Last Whisper, sometime I do skip the Brutalizer since it has a negative effect on the Last Whisper.

Scrubsicle

12-21-2011

If you do exceedingly well on bot, regardless of champion, the enemy team will send 3 champs to kill you.

Keep your shield off CD as best you can, as it is your best means of escape/kiting. When you're defending a captured tower, try hiding in the fog of war just below it, and hurl your Q at anyone who tries to take it. If they get too close to you, pop shield, throw your gas, and run circles around them, trying to keep them in the tower at all times. Don't be afraid to use your ult when under at tower. The switch becomes disorienting for your enemy, and you basically become an end game Leona with her shield up for a few seconds with all the Armor and MR you're getting.

I usually start off with Tear/Boots. After that, I build into Brutalizer and CDR Boots, and then Manamune. Atma's is usually next, followed by Phage into Frozen Mallet. I round it off with some MR late game, such as Guardian Angel, or Odin's Veil.

Master Grok

12-21-2011

If you manage to get 3 enemy champs down bot you are doing great. If you fail to tell your teammates far in advance that you need help defending bot due to the 3 champs then you are failing. If they fail to B back and then help immediately, they are failing.

The LORD saves

12-21-2011

How do y'all manage against a good Heimerdinger? I can but slow him down, and I'm looking for some tips.

Nojito

12-21-2011

Quote:
Justaire:
How do y'all manage against a good Heimerdinger? I can but slow him down, and I'm looking for some tips.

sivir shuts down heimerdinger pretty well.

InglouriousCobb

Recruiter

12-21-2011

Quote:
Justaire:

Before I get my Manamune I usually have a tough time because I run out of mana, but after that I push him or stalemate him. I will usually grab Mercury Treads and Negatron cloak to stop his damage, pick up a Brutalizer and Last Whisper and you will destroy his turrets with one or two Acid Hunters. I try not to hang out with my minions too much so he has to choose to grenade me or the minions.

dredzach

12-21-2011

Ever tried getting chalice instead of tear?

Ensign

12-21-2011

The goal of doing well bot is to force the other team to send 2-3 guys to stop you. If you do that, they should be forced to concede Windmill, and the key contested point becomes your bottom point, which is very easy to reinforce.

If your team can't win with a virtual 4v3, there's not a lot you can do.

Ascleph

12-21-2011

So I just faced a heimer bot with Urgot and it wasnt fun at all, you just cant outpush him and his harass is as good as yours =/