WaterD's Tier list 12/21/11

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Quote:
Vayne could be moved to tier 2. She has very minimal range. As long as you don't 1v1 her she is usually easy to take care of. Kog'maw on the other hand is a nice cantidate for tier 1.
I'm pretty sure vayne is stronger than kog overall.

Quote:
I feel evelynn tier 2 is a little bit of an overestimation. She is certainly a popular pick, but I don't feel she is more than a nuisance. I'd put twitch above her any day.
She is not popular at all! so rare to see an eve.

Corki and Leona I just didn't see good leonas and corkis to change my mind. Trying them myself didn't improve things.

Chavez Obama

12-21-2011

Fairly rock solid, I'll comment later.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

I feel you have orianna in the wrong tier, she should be up one imo.

People just dont play her enough to show how valuable she can be.

Other than that its Xin Zhao.

Argodis

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post

Corki and Leona I just didn't see good leonas and corkis to change my mind. Trying them myself didn't improve things.
Go Trinity Force + IE Corki or Trinity Force + LW. More burst than Talon.

Don't forget the true damage passive.

LegendaryEnemy

12-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post

I'd link you my Leagueofstats but its down it seems. The corki trend is a high number of kills, between 1-9 deaths (closer to 9 in the case of a defeat), and a healthy amount of assists. There is one on my match history that is 22/5/21 or something like that.

Leona takes a long time to adjust to her play style because on the surface she is a jump in and stun sort of tank. I've found that she's more of a prevent kiting, max passive procs, and stun when the enemy really doesn't want you to. With this guerila style I've been going positive on her frequently (Getting kills on leona can be difficult as her passive counts as her teammate's damage) with an exceptionally high number of assists. Her downfall is that without team support she falls short as her primary ability is lining up kills for her teammates.

Edit: to the above poster:

I prefer flat AD over trinity force as it scales with missiles and machine gun. I level machine gun over phos bomb (phos bomb has been nerfed repeatedly) ever since the machine gun rework patch. The flat AD early on makes a big difference to his stopping power. Trinity Force has quite a ramp up time before you'll be doing solid amounts of damage due to the cost.

WaterD103

12-21-2011

Anyone that wants to argument, uploading replays where X char was on the winning team and some known players are in the game, Im very interested.

Helixes

12-21-2011

Orianna Bot lane.

Question on Kayle: Why 4? The general consensus I hear in games and on forums is that she is a good damage pick.
Question on Heim: Similar Question. I don't understand how he is so low.

Question: Who are known players? Badges? Anyone who posts theories and **** on forums? I personally don't visit these forums very much so I'm curious as to who.

Desert Sandstorm

12-21-2011

Good topic and overall a good starting list. I commend you for making a post that is guaranteed to get some strong feedback. Of course, I would make a few tweaks baesd on my experience. Why else would I be posting?

In my mind I reserve Tier 1 for the guys who should be getting banned almost every time. Tier 2 is the champs you want to play or don't want to see the other team play. I reserve Tier 4 and 5 for those champs you don't want to see someone on your team picking or that make you happy when the other team does. They are the loss forecasters (especially tier 5). Tier 3 is everybody else.

Graves = Tier 3 (down one). I have never seen a Graves carry and I see him less and less these days...I assume for a reason. For some reason he does not intimidate me the way other DPS champs do.
Eve = Tier 4 (down two) Based on experience, she can't be tier 2. She finishes last in 80% of the games I've played. She is occasionaly decent, but usually game changing bad.
Poppy = Tier 2 (down one) I love this Yordle, but I don't put her in the same class as your other Tier 1 picks. I think she is comparable to a Fizz, so that's where I would stick her.
Gangplank = Tier 2 (up one) A strong skirmisher that gets the bump on the strength of his ultimate.
Akali, Twitch, and Tryndamere = Tier 3 (up one) Somebody has to deal out the damage and all three here can do that, especially when played well
Nidalee = Tier 4 (up one) If you are dumb enough to stay in the lanes she is aweful, but she can be valuable patroling mid and initiaing a siege with a long range spear

I see a few other champs that are borderline between tiers, but not enough to warrant a change. There are a couple others that I haven't seen enough to be sure of their place (Sion might be Tier 2 and Ahri might be Tier 3).

Lord Macaroni

12-21-2011

What is this, your 5th attempt at a tier list because the rest got closed? While tier lists can be helpful to gauge the strength of a champ in Dominion, a tier list is silly to make for Dominion because certain comps surprisingly beat the "stronger" champs. I think this is another thread you've created to try to make yourself self-important and not actually try to make an effort to help others. Your responses to others who disagree with you are rude and it's getting a little redundant that you keep trying this.

ShenanigansOKeef

12-21-2011

Heim and Malphite should at LEAST be Tier 2, they are both fantastic champs in Dominion. Gangplank should be Tier 2, if not Tier 1, pure;y for his global ultimate. Defence, offense, whatever--he's fantastic.