WaterD's Tier list 12/21/11

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

The purpose of this tier List is to induce discussion about the tier itself and thus help general improvement and debate.

Tier S: Champions that overshadow all other champs, and are probably too good compared to the rest of the cast.

Tier 1: Tier for champs that feel too close to Tier S but something left them out.

Tier 2: Champs that I feel are very good.

Tier 3: Average Champs

Tier 4: Champs that Have very narrow use, but I think sometimes they can be very good picks.

Tier 5: Champs that are almost Trash tier but there is some hope or some feature that makes them not completly useless.

Tier T: Champs that are so weak that I consider a mistake to pick because I see no redeeming features for them.

Internally in a tier, I arrange them from left to right from Better to worse imo.

Tier 1: Ryze, Rammus, Yorick, Kassadin, Shaco, Urgot, Vayne, Poppy.

Tier 2: Fizz, Talon, Cassiopeia, Skarner, Blitzcrank, Pantheon, Kog Maw, Wukong, Leblanc, Warwick, Ezreal, Lee sin, Irelia, Maokai, Singed, Alistar, Rumble, Jax, Graves, Fiddlesticks, Evelynn, Karthus, Nocturne.

Tier 3: Janna, Gangplank, Katarina, Heimerdinger, Sivir, Malzahar, Tristana, Sion, Nasus, Soraka,Brand, Jarvan, Riven, Sona, Lux, Olaf, Ashe, Twisted fate, Malphite, Zilean, Gragas, Teemo, Corki, Caitlyn.

Tier 4: Taric,Ahri, Udyr,Akali, Master yi, Swain, Kayle, Xin zaho, Twitch, Volibear, Xerath, Anivia, Garen, Vladimir, Tryndamare, Leona, Galio, Amumu, Shyvana, Morgana, Annie, Miss fortune.

Tier 5: Renekton, Karma, Cho'Gath, Veigar, Shen, Nidalee,Trundle, Nunu, Mordekaiser, Mundo, Orianna.

To non haters, I actually update this tier list all the time in a site I frequent a lot.
http://www.fantasystrike.com/forums/index.php?threads/league-of-legends-true-successor-thread.5260/page-6#post-157107

In case you want to follow my tier list updates or even discuss it there with people there. (It's a forum about game design in general)

Mindllapse

12-21-2011

Tier 1 may as well not exist since they consist of permanent bans in just about every game

also, I laughed at shaco tier 1

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2011

Not bad but I think you have twitch too low. I've dominated just about every single game I've played with him. I will admit, he can be shut down, but if you have a good team that can keep them off of him, and/or the other team doesn't have insane CC and gap closers, once he gets Prospector's Blade, Boots of Mobility, IE, Phantom Dancer and a vampiric sceptre, he just wrecks most teams. You have to play him smart though and have great map awareness. I don't see many people who know how to play him correctly though.

evilXkilla

12-21-2011

Much improved.

Nunu ain't Tier 5 though. Ability to give a free phantoms to 2 carries at the same time with a bit of CDR and load of CC makes him very viable.

And Galio is a strong anti mage bot lane IMO

FDru

12-21-2011

Yeah Nunu is not bottom of the barrel. Very understimated, though definitely has limited uses. He is an excellent counterpick to AD, while being an excellent support for AD carries, if both those conditions are met he is great. If not he can still bot very well against some champs (particularly Heimer), though needs something like Ionic Spark to push. He is also anti-melee with his insane ability to kite with ice blast.

Also why have an S and a T tier if nobody is in them? lol

WaterD103

12-21-2011

Quote:
Also why have an S and a T tier if nobody is in them? lol
Because those existed and I had champs on those tiers, but eventually those were empty. Yorick was one of the tier S champs and with the nerf to his timer and learning a few counters(like Skarner) moved him down.

Nunu Was in tier T but a friend showed me that he is a good counter to dinger bot.

So There are still there in a kind of show of. I could have rate some champs even better or worse. But I don't feel they are there. I don't feel there is right now a truly broken champ or a truly useless champ. I could remove them though.

Tolkien

Master Recruiter

12-21-2011

Ahri, Xin zaho, and Twitch all as tier 4 is nuts, they should all be up higher, at least tier 2 for all 3.
Katarina could probably go down a tier, too easy to interrupt her ult.
Master Yi is easily a tier 4 as ad, but ap should be about tier 3.
Vladimir, most people play him as a tier 4, but find the good ones and you'll think he is tier 2.

Necks

12-21-2011

Urgot is a dumpster. Don't play him.

Also, the list is inaccurate. Example, you buried Tristana and Soraka too low in that list.

WaterD103

12-21-2011

Well magimelkor, I play a lot against you, so start using them and show me the way!

LegendaryEnemy

12-21-2011

Vayne could be moved to tier 2. She has very minimal range. As long as you don't 1v1 her she is usually easy to take care of. Kog'maw on the other hand is a nice cantidate for tier 1.

I feel evelynn tier 2 is a little bit of an overestimation. She is certainly a popular pick, but I don't feel she is more than a nuisance. I'd put twitch above her any day.

Leona Tier 4 and Corki tier 3 I take some issue with. Corki does alot of damage very quickly and has a strong reach on his escape/positioner. I take cleanse/exhaust on him and have found him to be very effective. I build an entropy for a bit of slow. With any form of cc on my team, it is rather easy to make death.

Leona is very good at catching those back line enemy champions. Her ultimate has a short cooldown and is an exceptional chasing, counter initiating, disruptive, escape ability. Her w gives her a nice bit of early armor and magic resist. I've found her to be one of the most reliable tanks on Dominion.