What is GOA?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devoninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

I've heard a few vague mentions of "GOA" on the EU forums, but I didn't have any context for what it is. It seems that people talk about "when Riot took over for GOA" or something like that, as though from the perception of Europe LoL was developed or hosted or something by this "GOA" and then Riot came in and took over. Could someone clarify this for me? I'm very curious.

Vertanius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-12-2010

It's the worst thing that can happen to a good game.

Saffire

07-12-2010

GOA was the original distributor for LoL in Europe. Most EU players were dissatisfied with their service and Riot took over operations a while ago.

HP Hasenfratz

07-12-2010

GOA was a terrible mistake and should just be forgotten, be *glad* you dont know what GOA was

Mailius

07-12-2010

GOA also distributed (and perhaps still does) Dark Age of Camelot in Europe. They tended to be 6-8 months behind the US servers in patches and expansions, which is pretty terrible service I think. It's been a long time since I played the game though so I don't know what the current status is.

Vertanius

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailius View Post
GOA also distributed (and perhaps still does) Dark Age of Camelot in Europe. They tended to be 6-8 months behind the US servers in patches and expansions, which is pretty terrible service I think. It's been a long time since I played the game though so I don't know what the current status is.

They also distributed Warhammer online, It was horrible.

TheMountainGoat

07-12-2010

i was mildly confused when i heard about them at first, because Goa is also a really awesome kind of trance :l

Ghettobarney

07-12-2010

Riot used GOA, a known terrible publisher, and ignored the community, they provided horrible service, Riot FINALLY listened and pulled them off the game. Using them was a very bone headed move on Riots part to be frank, one of those dumb CEO business man guys decisions from marketing I would suppose.

The same process is currently being undergone in the SEA (South East Asia) area as well right now.

delaro

07-12-2010

GoA = Group Of Amateurs :P