Definition of "CC"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

I want to know, what exactly CC's are, I know almost everything about them, Stuns, Slows, Silences, ect. But...I had a question, are abilities that reduce attack speed or damage considered CC's? So if Ezreal his you with Essence Flux and you get reduced attack speed, or if Trynde used his shout to reduce your AD, are those technically CC's? Would they be reduced if you had Tenacity?

Like if your back was turned to Trynde, and he slowed you, your attack damage is reduced too, but you have Merc Treds, so they slow part of the skill is reduced by 35%, but is the attack reduction reduced too?

SourApples

12-20-2011

Don't take my word on this, but from what I've seen while playing with merc treads and fighting Nasus using his wither on me, I see my atk speed return pretty much the same time as my movement speed.

Kehlin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Crowd_Control

"the term used to describe a spell or ability that temporarily reduces a unit's ability to fight". So if it changes their fighting pattern in anyway, it's considered CC. ie EZ's essence flux.

Sogreth

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kehlin View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Crowd_Control

"the term used to describe a spell or ability that temporarily reduces a unit's ability to fight". So if it changes their fighting pattern in anyway, it's considered CC. ie EZ's essence flux.
See, that makes perfect sense, but I got this idea from this:

Mercury's Treads

+25 Magic Resist UNIQUE Passive: Enhanced Movement 2 (does not stack with other Boots) UNIQUE Passive: +35 Tenacity (Tenacity reduces the duration of stuns, slows, taunts, fears, silences, blinds and immobilizes. Does not stack with other Tenacity items.)

That's why I brought up this point, I'm not sure if Riot just didn't think to add those types of CC in the description, or if they actually don't.

Kehlin

12-20-2011

I think tenacity DOES work with the others but... Fk, time to make a custom and test it out? lol

Rigaudon

12-20-2011

Tenacity is meant to only remove those specific applications, not all CC. Tenacity in basic terms stands for adhesive, not easily changed. So in LoL it is meant to reduce the effects of abilities that will hinder your movement in any way. Attack speed and damage reductions won't count.

Axiaz

12-20-2011

It depends on whether or not the debuffs are stacked together. For example, Nasus's wither has 2 components, the attack speed slow and movement slow, but because they are both included in a single debuff (only 1 single status box above your skills), both will end at the same time.

Another example is, if I recall correctly, Anivia's chill debuff is included along with the slows in a single debuff, so if you were to play Master Yi and activate your ult, Anivia would not be able to apply the chilled debuff on you since it is included in the slow debuff which cannot be applied onto Master Yi.

But if it only reduces certain stats (AS/AD) or has a seperate debuff. Then tenacity will not affect those since they are debuffs, not CC. Think armor reduction from Jarvan's Q or Nidalee's traps, those are the same as attack speed debuffs, and are not affected by tenacity.

LancerXXX

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigaudon View Post
Tenacity is meant to only remove those specific applications, not all CC. Tenacity in basic terms stands for adhesive, not easily changed. So in LoL it is meant to reduce the effects of abilities that will hinder your movement in any way. Attack speed and damage reductions won't count.
Blinds and silences inhibit your ability to move, yes.

I doubt the 'Tenacity' tooltip is actually correct, it was probably just meant to say 'All forms of CC except knock-ups and knock-backs'.

If the duration of Wither is reduced by Mercury's Treads, the rate of change of speed increases i.e. it reaches max speed reduction faster. And since the reductions stay the same (they would be different if Mercury's Treads only affected the slow portion) we can safely say that Tenacity works on AS/AD reductions.

Pendia

12-21-2011

Tenacity does not reduce suppress, yet no one is arguing that it is CC.

Jamaree

12-21-2011

Crowd Control or CC is any kind of move that slows, weakens, taunts, suppress, fears, or stuns an opponent. Currently, every champ in the game except Mordekaiser has some kind of CC.