Skarner or Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoeJackson

12-20-2011

Hello everyone. I am wondering who is the better pick overall for Dominion, Shyvana or Skarner?

I have played them both and I find that Shyvana seems to start off stronger and later puts out some very heavy damage.

Skarner I find takes a while to get going but once he does is nearly unstoppable.

SO who do you feel is the better of the two to focus on playing, strictly for Dominion?

Also what are ideal builds you have found for these champions on Dominion?

Thanks!!

Murgang

12-20-2011

skarner is a exceptionally strong sr champ but what makes him strong does not really work in dominion. take shyv.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murgang View Post
skarner is a exceptionally strong sr champ but what makes him strong does not really work in dominion. take shyv.
I disagree. I know one guy who mains him and he gets 1st or 2nd almost every game, even seen him win a 4vs5. Skarner is a beast on CS, but you have to know how to play him. Most people don't know how to play Skarner. Shyvana is good too, and also a bit more straight forward, so you probably should decide which ones play style you enjoy more.

MoeJackson

12-20-2011

bit conflicting....anyone else :P

Ace1080

12-20-2011

I prefer Skarner over Shyvana. He does take more finese I guess but if you can play him well he is a beast. His Q will always keep them slowed, W is a major steroid and shield, E is a good poke/heal, R disables any champ with decent damage and gives a 1.75 second window to demolish them.

Shyvana can deal a lot of damage in a 1vs1 and in Dragon form deal tons of damage and all her attacks are AOE, her Q does great damage, W turns you into the flash with the damage of nearly 3 sunfire capes, her E reduces armor and is ranged, and ultimate is a defense boost and a strong gap closer.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Skarner is way better

Argodis

12-20-2011

They both are good but I would go with Skarner.

He is slightly OP imo.

Inkyjinx

12-20-2011

Skarner is a good bottom lane and strong overall. while i don't play him, i've seen him be very good many a time.

Shyvana can be good - i've seen her good - but it's far more rare. she's really hurt by not having any real natural CC. and she seems much more build sensitive. i do see her less, if you're in to the whole rarity thing...

4ntiSqueaker

12-20-2011

with the passive mana regen, skarner is very good in Dominion. Can spam Fracture like no tomorrow. He's also really mobile with Crystalline Shield, which helps a lot getting from point A to point B. He can hold bottom like a champ, or go top and wreck some squishies.

IMSOJUICY

12-21-2011

both are pretty tanky dps, but shyvana really needs teammates with cc to succeed, she can't pin anyone down usually. skarner isn't quite as dependent on teammates.