Regarding the Saintvicious situation

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

12-20-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Hello everyone,

Earlier this evening we made the decision to temporarily suspend CLG’s Saintvicious following a game where several Riot employees watched him intentionally troll another player on his team as that player was attempting to jungle. Saintvicious followed the player around for over 20 minutes stealing experience and gold from the player as he publically stated his that his intentions were malicious.

He was not banned for attempting new strategies, but for being a toxic force in an otherwise positive game – and in front of thousands of other players.

We definitely do not condone such behavior, and firmly believe that popular players who have a platform to set an example for standards of behavior should consider it an obligation to represent competitive League of Legends in a professional and well-mannered way.

While we do not regularly monitor streams – when we do happen to see egregious cases of reprehensible conduct that are broadcast to large audiences, we will definitely take action.

Thank you for your understanding and we’ll see you on the Fields of Justice!

Additionally - please keep all discussion related to this incident to this thread. Additional threads or posts will be closed or deleted.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tamat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

12-20-2011
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThDeliciousBread View Post
So what happened to "You will not get banned for just one game".
Keep in mind that Saintvicious was temporarily suspended and not permanently banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDownyJr View Post
What rule did he break specifically in the summoner's code, and what did he do that broke that rule?

The one question everyone wants to see answered.
There were a number of things that happened to break the Summoner's Code. I've listed all the parts that were violated below.

I. Support your Team
IV. Enjoy Yourself, but not at Anyone Else’s Expense
IX. Lead by Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedDynames View Post
wheres your rule of not banning based on a single game riot? isnt that why you REQUIRE multiple reports before someone is even CONSIDERED to be judged by the tribunal? regardless of guilt or innocence, you have stated MULTIPLE times a single game or a single disconnect WILL NOT lead to a ban unless it is a chronic reoccurring misbehavior.
You're confusing rules of the Tribunal to keep the system accurate and free of abuse with the undeniable fact that action was taken after Riot Games confirmed that violations were happening in real time. Apples and Oranges are not the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khourey View Post
So what about the other streamers who troll and swear all the time? They at least get to go to tribunal. I'm not saying Saintvicious shouldn't have been banned but in the very least he deserves a trial at the tribunal.
While we don't encourage swearing as part of the Summoner's Code, we definitely prefer that players use a broader vocabulary. That said, whenever we witness streamers that are violating the code, we take action. Everything else is up to Tribunal, and ultimately YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
Also rule IV: Enjoy, yourself but not at anyone else's expense: should be related to how Tigeg ignored Saint and Phantom saying saintvicious should jungle, correct?
The other player didn't chose to ignore Saintvicious and company, he picked Lee Sin to jungle because the other player had pick rights before Saintvicious

-=This concludes Questions and Answers time -- we made our call and we believe it was the right one. Thank you for your understanding=-


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King Kong

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Why not ban Phantom and Tigeg also because phantom also followed lee sin, and Saintvicious called jungler and Tigeg still picked it which is "failure to communicate with team" basically

also, do you feel like instantly banning him was the wrong course of action because its special treatment because it was 1 game and he wouldnt have gone through your Tribunal system from that 1 GAME

edit: While we don't encourage swearing as part of the Summoner's Code, we definitely prefer that players use a broader vocabulary. That said, whenever we witness streamers that are violating the code, we take action. Everything else is up to Tribunal, and ultimately YOU. -Tamat

Isn't that right there special treatment to go out of your way to have someone banned.. You all say Tribunal works and that it'll fix the trolls and what not, so why not leave it up to tribunal to get him banned.

Also rule IV: Enjoy, yourself but not at anyone else's expense. should be related to how Tigeg ignored Saint and Phantom saying saintvicious should jungle, correct?

edit: so according to your answer, as long as you have that 10 extra elo you are entitled to ignore your teammate saying hes gonna play a certain role.. thats pretty selfish if you do that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PorkinsPullUp

Junior Member

12-20-2011

SV used to troll on stream, but then he took a ban to the knee...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hot Fuzz

Senior Member

12-20-2011

So SV is unbanned now?

EDIT: Sad I get downvoted for the fact I saw his account online on Chaox stream a few minutes prior to entering his game..

EDIT 2: HotshotGG who was also supposedly banned is currently streaming?
http://www.own3d.tv/live/13574/CLG_HotshotGG

Once again, they are unbanned now?

EDIT 3: .... why the downvotes..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Domminus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

12-20-2011

I'm glad you did it Riot, you should make it more often

We had a feeling that you protected famous players because they were... famous... we always saw them trolling and cussing and they never got banned.... well deserved

EDIT: also why are you making this thread lololo just because 10 fanboys are mad

also look at this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPhaxen View Post
So about two days ago, I was paired with TeddyRO in solo queue eight games in a row. Since a lot of my friends told me to troll him and I hated him myself, I decided to troll him. So we lost all eight games together, but I didn't mind because I knew he would never get back up. And yesterday, I played six games against TeddyRO and I won all six of them, so now he is down fourteen. and I am only down two. He is now stuck in the 2000 where the elo hell is and hopefully, he will never be rank #1 ever again.

YOUR WELCOME HIGH ELO PLAYERS.

(BTW, when I say troll, I mean practicing champions I have never played before.)
I think this deserves disciplinary actions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Io Reign

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Glad riot has proven that high elo doesn't get special treatment


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnaIReliefChief

Senior Member

12-20-2011

What rule did he break specifically in the summoner's code, and what did he do that broke that rule?

The one question everyone wants to see answered.


Edit: before you say he was "trolling", give us the specifics.
"trolling" has such a stupid and loose definition that it doesn't mean anything to just list that as a reason for a ban.
I could pretend i'm a female in game and be considered a "troll" but would i get banned for it? no, because there's nothing in the summoner code about pretending to be the opposite gender.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GemiKinght

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Upvoted +9000


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigfatasian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-20-2011

Meanwhile...at 1200 ELO...