Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nerf Tryndamere...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galatiia

12-20-2011

just bought Tryndamere thinking i could end my Pantheon losing streak. and i was right! nothing fcuking stops this guy!

"lol, im almost dead! better become invisible for 5 seconds."

"oh noes, im being chased by their whole team. better create some distance by phasing through walls ever 10 seconds"

"whats ignite? i pack cleanse! oops, Cleanse is on CD, better use QSS!"

"two blood thirsters! whats a thornmail?"

iAteMyVegetables

12-20-2011

I don't get how people say he's not overpowered. He got the highest dmg ingame and he got the best skills in the game. All of his skills help him so much more than others.

seandkiller

12-20-2011

How about learn to counter him and stop the QQ?

Pyre

12-20-2011

Im not gonna say trynd is the best 1v1 fighter out there, but in a teamfight, he will disable, slow, and destroy every carry. Spin ensures high mobility and ignores slows, having mallet or red buff means you arent running from him. Sure he is susceptible to CC, but what champ isnt? Get cleanse and quicksilver sash. Sure good teamwork helps, but what if trynd has good team too, and they kayle ult or heal or buff him? Trynd decides games, period.

Nazyr

12-20-2011

Since when does his W actually stop him from losing all of his health? Were you all AD? Even with that massive debuff tryndamere will instantly drop and have to run away shortly.

The Chau

12-20-2011

Quote:
iAteMyVegetables:
I give you Nasus 'cause I have no clue if he counter Trynd maybe he outdps Trynd. But Rammus and Mal? You're crazy. Trynd doesn't lose vs a tank. If you mean counter that he taunts so your team can kill him then that's a different story, yet gotta say most Trynds go cleanse and QSS now, which means bye Taunt and bye Ignite. Then he W's turns arounda nd kills your carries.

a) LOL haven't seen a Tryndamere get a QSS in ages let alone not seeing him in 1500+ ranked at all.
b) You're assuming no one is CCing Trynd AFTER cleanse/QSS. Normally, people save their CC until you know... AFTER HE USES his cc destroyers. EX OLAF
c) You're also assuming that Trynd can't be CCed while spinning.

****ing noob

The Chau

12-20-2011

Quote:
Superbratan:
Just had a game as Tryndamere.

I was solo top vs Morde and Garen. Guess what, they did build armor, followed all the troll advice circulating here, and I still won the game.

Yeah, and I haven't played Trynd in over 6 months. Real balanced, eh?

a) Morde counters Trynd with ult.
b) 2v1 and they lost? They must be really bad. Well it's a normal game, I can't blame ya.

Quote:
iAteMyVegetables:
These people are hilarious. Did you even read the fact that I shut down Trynd hard and he was 0/4 early game. He didn't get kills anymore untill after he started dealing that insane dmg.

Vayne counters Trynd? Lol people are so funny nowadays, Tryndamere can lower Vayne's AD by 100, no way that Vayne beats a Trynd 1vs1. Also Teemo? Lolol, even TRM who is one of the best Teemo players only kills Tryndamere sometimes in laning phase 'cause of baiting into shrooms and having red buff. Watch how a Teemo does vs a Trynd who has items.

Noone in this game is stronger than Tryndamere 1vs1, that's just a fact. This Tryndamere who got owned so bad had two BT's that lifesteal alone makes him say HA to a thornmail, even a squishy Vayne with a BT heals the dmg from Thornmail, speaking from personal experience since I had a BT end game vs a winning team's Amumu with Thornmail.

Too the guy sayin' you can't cleanse out of suppressions well I have no real facts but either Cleanse or QSS does make supressions go bye bye.

Noobs unite!

Why the **** would you 1v1 trynd first of all? Try 1v1ing a Jax.
Vayne has a skill called tumble that allows her.. to you know, run away? She can tumble away when Trynd spins, condemns him away, then proceed to destroy him because he can't spin for another 10 seconds unless he's in range which he's not.

Almost no one uses cleanse/QSS on trynd (only when you want to pubstomp noobs), why the **** are you using that bull**** argument?

Thiago Arking

Recruiter

12-20-2011

Tryndamere is the fastest way to win. If u want to win a game u must choose him.

Easiest game ever. MOST OP EVER! EVER! NERF HIM I am mad

k518

12-20-2011

Quote:
iAteMyVegetables:
Noone in this game is stronger than Tryndamere 1vs1, that's just a fact. This Tryndamere who got owned so bad had two BT's that lifesteal alone makes him say HA to a thornmail, even a squishy Vayne with a BT heals the dmg from Thornmail, speaking from personal experience since I had a BT end game vs a winning team's Amumu with Thornmail.

now sit you're sorry scrub ass down and let me tell you why thats BS son

Ignorance and YOU! a friendly guide to why thornmail beats lifesteal

Damage returned by Thornmail is calculated before the damage reduction from armor.
Life steal is calculated from the actual damage done to an enemy, after armor reduction.
it is possible to be taking less damage from an attack than Thornmail is returning.

lets say Tryn is hitting for 1000 damage (lol) and has a blood thirster.
lets say whoever champion you are using has no base armour or ruins (again lol).
Thornmail grants 100 armour so thats 50% damage reduction from just thornmail alone.
Tryn is now hitting for only 500 damage.
he takes 300 damage from Thornmail damage return.
blood thirster heals him for 15% of his damage so he gets back 75 health.
Tryn still takes 225 damage every time he attacks.
It takes over 80% lifesteal to nullify the damage return from thornmail alone and thats assuming they have no other source of armour (impossible)
Thornmail is only 2000 gold
Blood Thrister is 3000 gold
Lifesteal is NOT a counter to Thornmail.
Tryn cannot "ignore" Thornmail even on a squishy.
Any tanky or high CC champion can beat Tryn 1v1.
Tryn is not OP, broken or even top tier.
The owner of this thread is a salty scrub.

Shadokoo

12-20-2011

Tryndamere is not balanced. Maybe people have less difficulties against him in ranked matches, I don't know. I don't do ranked matches. But in normal matches he is too strong. A team with a proper building Tryndamere will never lose, even if the rest of the team is horrible.