Kennen on Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TokinPrez

12-20-2011

Hey guys, was wondering why I never see Kennen on Dominion? I have not seen him or played him on here but on paper he seems like he could do well...

As a bot laner:

Pushes hard
Energy based
Good burst
lots of CC
Amazing ult
Mobile
Good sustain with revolver

Seem he could do well top even as well...

So what does everyone think about him on Dom? Guessing there must be some glaring issues if I never see him...

Argodis

12-20-2011

He's a very solid pick. Not many can out lane Kennen and he's great at top as well.

A lot of good champs aren't seen on Dominion so you shouldn't really think anything of it.

MVpmack

12-20-2011

I feel like Kennen does not have the push necessary to be a strong bot laner. He seems like he would get harassed out of lane if he tried to maximize his pushing power, but it is possible that he could outzone the enemy with lightning shurikens. I suspect that Kennen is a decent pick against foes who do not know the matchup or how to deal with his stuns.

On top lane, however, Kennen has an extremely powerful kit and a lot of mobility. I feel like he could be a strong choice there. His damage and stuns seem very good but the learning curve for him might be a bit harder than most due to the more chaotic nature of Dominion teamfights.

Simply put though, I don't think he can outlane any of the top tier bottom laners and his mobility is too good to put it to waste in a static position.

twickykid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

The main issue with kennen is he has to get close to do any damage. Q spamming isn't going to kill anyone.

VS any AD carry he gets destroyed in about 2 seconds. Any type of cc and he dies even slows.

His last issue is the energy mechanic. To get a full stun w/o having your ult you will deplete your entire energy bar, have high cool downs on 2 skills, and you will not kill anyone without your ult.

Mindllapse

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post
The main issue with kennen is he has to get close to do any damage. Q spamming isn't going to kill anyone.

VS any AD carry he gets destroyed in about 2 seconds. Any type of cc and he dies even slows.

His last issue is the energy mechanic. To get a full stun w/o having your ult you will deplete your entire energy bar, have high cool downs on 2 skills, and you will not kill anyone without your ult.
these reasons are what make kennen a trash pick

GrimoireM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Kennen has the theoretical kit to do well, and he doesn't need levels as badly as he does on SR, due to smaller engagements being more common, but he lacks...punch. You might need to try some strange items before you feel comfortable using him on dominion. Alter your style to suit getting those items too. Nothing sucks more then basing 3 times out of necessity and not getting dcap even though you had the gold in reasonable chunks.

Argodis

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by twickykid View Post

Do you not understand how Kennen works?

Any Kennen who loses to an AD carry didn't build Kennen correctly.

A Kennen who can't kill anyone without ult is simply a bad Kennen.

The LORD saves

12-20-2011

No True Olaf argument fo sho.

Inkyjinx

12-20-2011

i've seen Kennen a few times, and they've been mostly decent to bad.

the best i've seen - which was really good - was an AS build. just tore everyone up and couldn't be caught. 2x Phantom Dancers (ect) = mad stuns.

i've tried it but i'm not of that skill level.

atlas304

12-21-2011

i think ill play kennan right now actually. being able to choose only one champ per game is nerve wracking when you have so many champs to choose from.