Riot, stop shoving dominion down our throats

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gun fu panda

12-20-2011

I love dominion. Fun game mode when I want to play a fun, short match.

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mayhem View Post
Cite your sources. These two projects had nothing to do with each other, one was an art project (in-game models, effects, etc.), one was a gameplay map. Not even the same department. Also, Project Shiny has been released in bits, as stated by a red. They are releasing the updates in small doses rather than one large overhaul patch (see Gangplank, Janna, Trynd model reworks).
They never said that Project Shiny was delayed due to Dominion, but they DID say that Project Shiny was delayed due to Magma Chamber (they wanted to release Magma Chamber, then do the graphics overhaul). Also, given that Dominion did require new models, effects, art, animations, etc., it would be pretty easy to believe and make perfect sense that Dominion (which, while I don't care for the mode itself, I must admit looks pretty nice as a map) did delay an artistic/graphical revamp.

Yes, separate teams for separate things, but it's easy to imagine that people were pulled off Project Shiny in order to complete Dominion within a reasonable time frame.

I honestly just believe that Magma Chamber was scrapped so that their balancing team would have less to deal with. We all know about how grossly imbalanced TT got, and how Riot even stated that the reason they have had trouble in the past buffing some champions like Mundo is because they were already grossly out of balance in the opposite direction in TT. Granted, few people care about TT, and honestly few people care even about Dominion balance since most focus on SR, but still.

Luego

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mayhem View Post
Cite your sources. These two projects had nothing to do with each other, one was an art project (in-game models, effects, etc.), one was a gameplay map. Not even the same department. Also, Project Shiny has been released in bits, as stated by a red. They are releasing the updates in small doses rather than one large overhaul patch (see Gangplank, Janna, Trynd model reworks).
Not true, although they're now pretending that is what is happening. The "Project Shiny" threat has Tamat updating. Early on he SPECIFICALLY said that character model updates are not Shiny, and that Shiny was an engine overhaul.

Now (as of yesterday) they say that they've abandoned Shiny, and are releasing stuff piecemeal.

Hegna

12-20-2011

I love how everyone keeps begging for more maps, but really doesn't want to play them.

Seņor Pancho

12-20-2011

Quote:
Magma Chamber would've been much more fun.
MC would have been a pile of steaming ****. that is why they decided to scrap it.

Ascleph

12-20-2011

Dominion is awesome because people like the OP dont play it.

Umbral Fox

12-20-2011

Dominion's pretty cool. After the first week or so, I went back to mainly playing SR, but Dominion makes a nice break every now and then. And you get to play some champions who aren't generally viable in SR, like Poppy. I love the hammersmurf, but she's pretty hard to fit into the current meta.

Forbiddian

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs530 View Post
capture the flag would of been much more fun.
I can already hear the "Singed OP" cries.

ActionButlerGO

12-20-2011

Go back to General Discussion, OP. Once you get there, go ahead and complain some more there about how you don't have Magma Chamber. Then continue to not play Twisted Treeline.

After a couple hours of killing AI-controlled minions, it'll be fine. I promise.

teh d wreck

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1shal View Post
It was a failure. Sorry you spent so much time on it but noone plays Dominion.
Lol, if it's such a failure, why are they still 'forcing' it down your throat? Just, go play your superior game mode. You don't see people going to SR forums just to whine about SR being a game mode. You probably tried to play Dominion and failed, but it's too complicated for your mind to wrap around because you're not last hitting minions for 45 minutes.