lol malady trist in my games

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novascourge View Post
Nevermind that Starks completely outclasses it in every way, shape, and form.

Nevermind that Malady's passive is utter ****. Everytime I look at a death recap from a teamfight, Malady usually accounts for a whopping 2% or less. It's a terrible item because it's easily outclassed by another item that doesn't cost much more and has an aura.
Your argument is very flawed. Your position is "it's awful because another item is great". The quality of one item has zero effect on the quality of another, only its perceived value. I will give you the point that for several hundred more gold you can have an awesome, team-benefiting item in Stark's Fervor BUT, again, that means nothing for the worth of Malady.

You still get Life Steal and a significant Attack Speed boost for fairly cheap, and Attack Speed is a very high-efficiency stat for a great number of champions.

Also, Malady's passive goes wayyy up in value against tanks. Malady has uses and benefits and it is bad judgment to dismiss it because you read somewhere that it's bad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novascourge

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
Your argument is very flawed. Your position is "it's awful because another item is great". The quality of one item has zero effect on the quality of another, only its perceived value. I will give you the point that for several hundred more gold you can have an awesome, team-benefiting item in Stark's Fervor BUT, again, that means nothing for the worth of Malady.

You still get Life Steal and a significant Attack Speed boost for fairly cheap, and Attack Speed is a very high-efficiency stat for a great number of champions.

Also, Malady's passive goes wayyy up in value against tanks. Malady has uses and benefits and it is bad judgment to dismiss it because you read somewhere that it's bad.
An items value is determine by its usefullness in relation to other items. Bloodrazor is a better tank killer. Starks Fervor is better for AS and Lifesteal.

There is no situation in which spending money on Malady is a good idea.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Malady isn't bad if you can get it early, and you know when to sell it off. It's not a very hot item if you try to use it at end game though.
At any rate, I have never heard of it being effective on Trist. It doesn't seem like something that a pure DPS would want to stack, more like the utility player. (Seriously..that shiz would be quite deadly on Heimer if you're ever unlucky enough to have the turret turn on you)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novascourge View Post
An items value is determine by its usefullness in relation to other items. Bloodrazor is a better tank killer. Starks Fervor is better for AS and Lifesteal.

There is no situation in which spending money on Malady is a good idea.
Bloodrazor is actually the dumbest thing you can get against a real tank, since hey have lots of MR. Offtanks like Nasus/Mord, yes. But against Rammus/Alistair? It's a pretty big meh.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

murphymcmanus

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
This was posted by someone who read somewhere that Malady was the sign of a bad player and has no idea why. Nevermind the efficiency of Attack Speed as an item stat and never mind that each game and each champion can be highly situational, the original poster will just continue to mindlessly regurgitate some piece of knowledge he believe identifies him as a smart or competent player.

Sorry to be so harsh but I am really tired of posts like this
The best is when people flame Teemo's for having malady. News flash, its actually very good on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunOfABeach

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Starks costs less and is WAY better. No point in getting malady ever.
You get 30 hp team reg per 5 which is much, 20 team Arp, 5% more Lifesteal than Malady has (which is better than having 10% more attackspeed with malady) 20% AS + 20% team AS and it still costs 100 less.

So malady got 10% more attackspeed than Starks does. But starks give 5% more lifesteal which is > 10% attackspeed.

And starks gives all to your team and HP reg and Armor Pen. And costs less.
You buff your team very much with it and your chances to win are higher.
And you have a item for just 800 which gives you more lifesteal and HP reg to stay longer in lane, before you get starks.

There is no way choosing malady over starks. Ever never.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SunKyu

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
This was posted by someone who read somewhere that Malady was the sign of a bad player and has no idea why. Nevermind the efficiency of Attack Speed as an item stat and never mind that each game and each champion can be highly situational, the original poster will just continue to mindlessly regurgitate some piece of knowledge he believe identifies him as a smart or competent player.

Sorry to be so harsh but I am really tired of posts like this
malady+greaves+last whisper and that's all she got.
went to chase ww, he was at about 500, she ulted him, he got pushed further and she screams: 'OMG WHY IS MY ULT SO BUGGY'
she didn't even jump.

i know, forum talks about malady sooks, but tristanas should generally not take any ASPd items as passive ASPD and rapid fire give her more than enough. that's my reason, i'm sure it would have been less hatin' on the malady if I said thing like recurve bow or stinger.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhetorical Hippo

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novascourge View Post
An items value is determine by its usefullness in relation to other items. Bloodrazor is a better tank killer. Starks Fervor is better for AS and Lifesteal.
Net value = (Benefits you receive) - (cost to receive benefits) modified by extremely difficult to summarize circumstances such as enemy team composition, own team composition, and general item builds for those involved.

I won't even get into the economics of how completely wrong you are about determining value by relational usefulness.

Quote:
There is no situation in which spending money on Malady is a good idea.
This quote embodies all my hate for the anti-Malady sentiment. I could spend hours crafting scenarios for you in which it would be economical and beneficial to buy Malady, on top of the fact that it is a very efficient item for the money required, but when it's all done you still wouldn't believe me and we both would have wasted our time.

Sure you could "just buy Stark's" instead but it isn't always that simple. You want to buy Brutalizer? Why? Just buy Infinity Edge instead! Want to buy Health Crystal? Why? Just buy Warmog's instead! Everything has a context and a situation, and simply always stating Malady is a bad choice is flat out wrong and you know it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunOfABeach View Post
Starks costs less and is WAY better. No point in getting malady ever.
You get 30 hp team reg per 5 which is much, 20 team Arp, 5% more Lifesteal than Malady has (which is better than having 10% more attackspeed with malady) 20% AS + 20% team AS and it still costs 100 less.

So malady got 10% more attackspeed than Starks does. But starks give 5% more lifesteal which is > 10% attackspeed.

And starks gives all to your team and HP reg and Armor Pen. And costs less.
You buff your team very much with it and your chances to win are higher.
And you have a item for just 800 which gives you more lifesteal and HP reg to stay longer in lane, before you get starks.

There is no way choosing malady over starks. Ever never.
I take it you're not a DPS player, because they're all "me me me", and not the aura type.
The thing about Malady vs Stark is that while Stark is a great team item, it doesn't really help much offensively. I have always wondered why 15-20hp5 is considered useless, but 30hp5 on Stark is herald as the best thing since slice bread.

I can't argue much about what stat is better because I normally play tank, and I would love aura items over individual--but I can tell you that aura items really don't help chaser champs very much. If you plan on tower diving a lot (ie you're really on a roll and can get this item during laning phase), then Malady is probably the superior choice in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novascourge

Senior Member

07-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
Net value = (Benefits you receive) - (cost to receive benefits) modified by extremely difficult to summarize circumstances such as enemy team composition, own team composition, and general item builds for those involved.

I won't even get into the economics of how completely wrong you are about determining value by relational usefulness.
Malady gold cost: 2 daggers (840) 1 vamp scepter (450) plus combine cost of 600 = 1890.

The benefits Malady gives is 15% Lifesteal, 50% Attack Speed, and the passive which stacks 6 time, dealing 5 true damage per stack, every time the player with the stacks is hit.

The problem is that the player must be under constant auto attack assault. There are very few cases in which a character is being autoattacked enough for the damage added. Not to mention, it requires that character to be attacked at least 6 times before the stacks are maxed out. In order to get any major damage out of Malady's passive, the whole team needs to be focus firing. Assuming each player got 4 auto attacks after max stacks, that's +30 damage for each player, so (4 * 5) * 30 = 600 damage. This assumes only auto attacks, and no nuking abilites.

Now lets look at Starks Fervor. Gold cost is: 1 vamp scepter (450), 1 rejuv beads (250), 100 gold for combine cost of Emblem of Valor, 1050 for Recurve bow, and another 700 for combine cost to Starks. This all = 2550 total

The gold cost difference between the two is 660 gold.

Now the benefit difference. As said, Malady is 50% AS, 15% Lifesteal, and its passive. Starks benefits are as followed: 20% AS for the user, 20% more AS in the Aura, 30 HP5, 20% Lifesteal in the aura, and 20 armor reduction in an aura (which essentially means, your team gets 20 ArP).

The benefits for Starks greatly benefit your team in a number of ways, with only a 10% difference in AS, which isn't much, and Malady's passive which can only be applied by the holder, and can only be used by the others if they're attacking the same target, whereas Stark's passive is always effecitve if within aura range. According to you, Malady is a great tank killer. The problem is though, if a Tank has stacked so much MR and Armor to neccisitate a Malady, then he's completely ignorable. and won't do any real damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga Bruce View Post
This quote embodies all my hate for the anti-Malady sentiment. I could spend hours crafting scenarios for you in which it would be economical and beneficial to buy Malady, on top of the fact that it is a very efficient item for the money required, but when it's all done you still wouldn't believe me and we both would have wasted our time.

Sure you could "just buy Stark's" instead but it isn't always that simple. You want to buy Brutalizer? Why? Just buy Infinity Edge instead! Want to buy Health Crystal? Why? Just buy Warmog's instead! Everything has a context and a situation, and simply always stating Malady is a bad choice is flat out wrong and you know it.
The gold difference between Starks and Malady is 660 gold. The gold difference between Brutalizer and Infinity Edge? 2743. The difference between a health crystal and Warmogs? 2660. That's no small difference. Warmgos in particular requires you to farm it up with more minion kills before it's even worth the gold.

Malady is not an efficient item. Warmogs is not an efficient item either. It is simply not worth it, because Starks outclasses it in everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kirethorn

Senior Member

10-13-2010

I use malady as Trist every game and have nothing but praise.

Why it beats it hands down: For starters, it uses vampiric sceptre, my first item. Then instead of making a pointless healing thing I can then increase my attack speed and start detonating minions all over the place. Starks has an AS boost too, but it costs 1050 gold, more than I want to save for in the first few levels. With daggers only costing 420 I can upgrade as I go, and keep that edge against my opponent instead of letting him get ahead and possibly kill me.

Even when both are done malady still does better for the money. Why? because it naturally has 10% more AS, and with the 660 gold that would normally go into starks I can get yet another dagger, bringing it to +25% more AS than Starks, and STILL have enough to almost buy a pair of boots. I could even use the money for health pots or sight wards, further improving my effectiveness.

As for auras, why do I care? I'm midding solo, who's it going to help? And even in team fights, I have the longest standard attack range of any champion, auras are just not going to be helping me if my target is outside the range. That's why DPS people are all "me, me, me", because we aren't in the scrap going toe-to-toe with enemies and standing shoulder-to-shoulder with allies, we're standing ages back using our range and abilities to kill stuff without getting our clothes dirty. Auras are not worth it for us.


123