Definition of League of Legends Champion Skin Types

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marth Wagner

02-18-2012

Hm... That would mean i could never own Red Card Katarina.. the reason i started playing LoL

Although i do appreciate the clarification, would it not be fair to have say... a one day thing where summoners can purchase skins they might have missed out on, if even for a higher price than normal.

it just doesnt seem right how people can own those limited skins from before LoL was really well known, and now that a lot of people play most of the skins that would have been labelled limited before are now coming out as legacy. But they'll never have a chance to get any older skins they may love

The older skins that many people missed out on should be given one last stand before taken away from availability forever.

Shadedgamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2012

ohh well that makes sense I guess was wondering why some skins dissapeared from the store haha

AFATWEINER

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2012

i see

Maerk Str0ngrock

Recruiter

02-19-2012

o.O

Fhaith

02-20-2012

Riot game please can you tell me when will come out the skin of Ezreal cybor please

wari Ayan

02-20-2012

gi

Titan Of Paradox

02-21-2012

I like the clarification. Good to know the kitty kat was a worthwhile investment.

saroyth

02-22-2012

Bring back Riot Squad Singed one time please!!

Zakur the Bright

02-22-2012

oh good, snowmerdinger was made in december 2011. I still have chance!

Soviet Mudkip

02-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikki Tenryou View Post
Hm... That would mean i could never own Red Card Katarina.. the reason i started playing LoL

Although i do appreciate the clarification, would it not be fair to have say... a one day thing where summoners can purchase skins they might have missed out on, if even for a higher price than normal.

it just doesnt seem right how people can own those limited skins from before LoL was really well known, and now that a lot of people play most of the skins that would have been labelled limited before are now coming out as legacy. But they'll never have a chance to get any older skins they may love

The older skins that many people missed out on should be given one last stand before taken away from availability forever.
It's actually right that they don't do it. The people who bought it prior to them leaving the store earned and deserved it meaning they actually stuck to LoL and played LoL enough and long enough to earn skins prior to the enormous explosion of LoL. Limited Edition is to make the rarity of the skin insanely rare which is what makes it a Limited Edition skin. If they released the previous skins to everyone for a week no doubt a bunch of people would buy the skins, but the LE skins would lose the significance and value. The entire idea of Limited Edition skins was Riot rewarding people for being with them at the right time and place when they were still growing their community.

I mean it might sound unfair but it's like buying a limited edition golden Xbox or something and then you buy it to support Microsoft when they're starting out and Microsoft says those who bought it thnx for supporting and that it's Limited Edition, but then re-releasing it again saying "Oh we're gonna give a chance to those people who jumped on the hype once we became big" :\.

I own a few LE skins and I use to post how i wish they would sell PAX Jax just for a little while, but like other fellow LE skin owners i'd actually be offended if Riot did this because of the fact that they're breaking the LE special feel of the skin...