Lifesteal Quints? Worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MR FOVAN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

So hey- I'm a big fan of lifesteal. Love sustainability.

So I'm loving having lifesteal from masteries, runes, and a Wriggles.

But do you think the runes are worth it?

I usually play Nocturne/Riven/LeeSin you know, those jungly/solo/AD champs.

Thanks!

Ashgan

12-20-2011

Shyvana + Lifesteal runes + Vampiric Scepter (starting item) works out pretty well for me in jungle.

Belphagor666

12-20-2011

Lifesteal is really easy to purchase. You're better off using other quints for stats that are more difficult to get in game, such as armor pen and movement speed. Or specialized quints for early game dominance I.E. AD quints for Lee sin or AP quints for casters.

Genraenera

12-20-2011

You're probably better off with flat AD quints for AD carries. I'm not sure on junglers/top, that probably depends on the specific champion and build.

magusTX

12-20-2011

dont buy them complete noob trap. Flat Hp/5 give better jungle sustain while AD/apen give better lategame stats

Enyalus

12-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusTX View Post
dont buy them complete noob trap. Flat Hp/5 give better jungle sustain
Hm, is this true mathematically? I know the new Havoc mastery is a noob trap (as well as the %HP Seals.) The lifesteal quints looked good, I just figured there were better options in slot (like arpen and AD.)

Aviyor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2011

You shouldn't be pursuing lifesteal quints if you're already planning to build lifesteal; the added benefits aren't going to push you over the edge of some sort of lifesteal benefit barrier, adn they aren't very gold efficient as far as the stats they give go. My philosophy regarding them is that having them+the vampirism mastery gives you 9% LS which is sufficient enough to sustain you, enabling you to have a final 6-item build without a lifesteal component.